The Official 2005 NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hewson said:

I was at the opening Monday night game at Gillette in 2002 vs the Squeelers and we left in the 4th, which on a Sunday afternoon I wouldn't do, but the Pats were kicking the crap out of Kordell and co. anyway, the only mystery was if the game would go over the total, which a late Pitt TD accomplished, I assume Al Michaels made his "now this game is officially over" type statement, but I was hiking rout 1 to the car.

Hey, if it was a blowout, then no problem. But this game really wasn't over until midway through the 4th (although it was most likely over in the 3rd). There were a lot of empty seats when the 4th began...

Oh well, other than that it was business as usual.

zonelistener said:

Even better, it is in your school's colors, WHA. (and says Muck Fichigan on the other side of the Tee). :sexywink:

Ahh yes, I remember the day clearly, or at least I remember as well as my beer induced stupor would let me. The A-Train fumble.......

For my Bears, probably...:down: :down: :down:

I just looked back...7-9 or 8-8 I think are generous. I don't want to be pessamistic, but seriously. We have a rookie 4th round qb as our starter, we overpaid an aging wr, and Cedric Benson won't be ready until week 4 at least...and even he can't be that much of a savior.

I'll root for them every game like I did today and still wear my bears long sleeve T every sunday with my bears blanket over me in my cold 200 year old house, but I'm not expecting a .500 year quite yet. Good thing I do love defense. :)

p.p.s. Maybe those records were predicted before Grossman went down... :sad:

Last edited:
Se7en said:

j-e-t-s suck suck suck. :happy:

if Pennington's arm is worse than originally stated, then it's going to be a very long year for the jets. they didn't look good at all. :yuck:

a win is a win, but i wouldn't get too cocky in Buffalo. next week will be a better test.

Miami looks a lot tougher than most people believed they would.

oh well, it's still very early

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the two most dominating defensive performances were put on by indianapolis and kansas city... what is the world comming to
A lot of that can be contributed to 2 factors:
A. Kyle Boller is not an NFL caliber QB
2. Chad Pennington is not an NFL caliber QB in his current physical state.

Hewson said:
A lot of that can be contributed to 2 factors:
A. Kyle Boller is not an NFL caliber QB
2. Chad Pennington is not an NFL caliber QB in his current physical state.

yes and yes... but the colts D also completly shut down Jamal Lewis, and the Chefs completely shut down Curtis Martin... and yes i know, the running game can be connected to the passing game... and it's still too early... but if these two teams have even respectable defenses, they're going to be very tough.

and as for chadwick pennington the third... he through like my grandmother before his surgery. if his arm strength is actually worse, then i'm thinkin' jay fiedler's gonna be seeing some snaps before this year is over.

Mike Martz is officially the worst coach in the history of the NFL. He went out and lost to a division 1-AA college team. Nice work Mike.

phanan said:
I was very encouraged by the Colts game. It shows that a unique defense still throws Manning off. Only 3 points in the first half.

The Patriots are going to beat them again.

And as the ESPN crew kept reminding us...Baltimore's secondary was new and mistakes are going to happen. With the exception of the blown coverage on Harrison once, they looked fairly decent.

I typically like Mike Patrick, but he made a real stupid comment about Peyton being the best prepared QB in the league.

:hmm:

If he is already the best at preparing, there must be no hope of him ever beating the Pats.

it's very interesting how everyone in the NFL hates the pre-season and thinks it's too long... but...

most of the "crap" teams with very young players who needed to play alot in the pre-season... i.e. san fran, miami... won

while the veteran teams who sat everyone through the playoffs, i.e. the rams, the broncos, the jets... lost.

and as long as marc bulger is on my fantasy team and putting up 360+ yard days, mike martz is a genius... no matter how many games he blows this year :wink:

randhail said:

I typically like Mike Patrick, but he made a real stupid comment about Peyton being the best prepared QB in the league.

:hmm:

If he is already the best at preparing, there must be no hope of him ever beating the Pats.

Notice how Joe Theismann was quick to rebut his comment? He must have been thinking the same thing...

a minor correction

zumanity42 said:

the bills!! they'll be lucky to finish third in their divison. jets will get one berth, steelers the other.

changing jets :yuck: to dolphins, but the statement still stands.

lucky because the jets have a qb who can't throw the damn ball!!!

how f**ked up is that?

i'm going with the texans and the panthers as my upset specials for the week... which shows that i'm a moron.

going to the added giants game monday night... i know it's a bit shady to have a saints home game vs. the giants in giants stadium, but eh... it is... and with tickets to these games so hard to come by, might as well take advantage of it. money's going to charity anyways so that a plus.

Ok, so I spoke too soon. I didn't really get to watch the Bears last week and jumped the gun with my negativity. I'm watching the Bears whoop up on the Lions here in Michigan and I'm LOVING IT!!! Orton looks good! Jones looks good! Mushin Muhammed looks good! 8-8 is maybe possible!

I apologize for my pessimism

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'm going with the texans and the panthers as my upset specials for the week... which shows that i'm a moron.

not too bad moron, i had the Pats, Bills, & Lions :banghead:

penalties/ the inability to convert on 3rd down killed my Pats today. :shame:

Panthers seemed to have everything under control- even if Delehome's numbers were even with Brady's

a WTF? moment in NE :confused:

how 'bout those Bengals though :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom