The Office Part 2: Ain't No Party Like a Scranton Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this was one of the best episodes of the season.

The gambling, Dwight's free use of the "shun," and Michaelisms stood out for me.

*un-shun*

This season has finally hit it's stride, I've read it'll only get better too. Plus, Harold Ramis directed again! :D

*re-shun*

Repeat next week, bummer:

MICHAEL RETURNS FROM HIS JAMAICAN VACATION AS THE OFFICE PREPARES FOR A NIGHT OF INVENTORY - Still in "vacation mode" after his trip to Jamaica, Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) tries to hang on to his relaxed island vibe despite a wave of office hassles. But it becomes too much when an e-mail containing a racy vacation photo is forwarded around the office. Pam (Jenna Fischer) gets caught in the middle as Jim (John Krasinski) and Karen (guest star Rashida Jones) argue. Rainn Wilson, B.J. Novak, David Denman, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Angela Kinsey, Oscar Nuñez, Phyllis Smith, Paul Lieberstein and Mindy Kaling also star. Creed Bratton, Ed Helms and Craig Robinson guest star.

dsmith2904 said:
It was awesome. I'm glad they went back to a day-in-the-life storyline after all the drama and tension of the last few weeks.

Exactly. The Jim-Pam tension throughout the season has been dragged out and repeated.

phillyfan26 said:

Exactly. The Jim-Pam tension throughout the season has been dragged out and repeated.

I'm a total Jim-Pam shipper but I think it's more realistic to have the characters not be totally absorbed by that drama and get on with their lives. It could end up serving the storyline so much better anyway if we're not spending every minute of the show wondering "Will they or won't they?"

I loved this episode. The shunning was hilarious. Is it wrong that I really wanted to see the destruction of Michael jumping :shifty: :lol:

I loved Jim's summary:

"Oh. So he's going to kill himself pretending to kill himself."

dsmith2904 said:
Repeat next week, bummer:

MICHAEL RETURNS FROM HIS JAMAICAN VACATION AS THE OFFICE PREPARES FOR A NIGHT OF INVENTORY - Still in "vacation mode" after his trip to Jamaica, Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) tries to hang on to his relaxed island vibe despite a wave of office hassles. But it becomes too much when an e-mail containing a racy vacation photo is forwarded around the office. Pam (Jenna Fischer) gets caught in the middle as Jim (John Krasinski) and Karen (guest star Rashida Jones) argue. Rainn Wilson, B.J. Novak, David Denman, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Angela Kinsey, Oscar Nuñez, Phyllis Smith, Paul Lieberstein and Mindy Kaling also star. Creed Bratton, Ed Helms and Craig Robinson guest star.

but at least it's one of the best episodesof the season.

feelin hot hot hot!!! :wink:

I think next week is new.

UNPRINTABLE? AN OFFICE IN CRISIS - The office is in crisis mode after a large shipment of Dunder Mifflin paper is accidentally sent out with an obscene watermark - and Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) tries to manage the media with an impromptu press conference. Jim (John Krasinski) and Andy (Ed Helms) also attempt to calm the high school principal who has sent out prom invites on the affected stationery. Rainn Wilson, Jenna Fischer, B.J Novak, Phyllis Smith, Leslie David Baker, Mindy Kaling, Rashida Jones, Creed Bratton, Oscar Nunez, Angela Kinsey, Brian Baumgartner and Kate Flannery also star.

It's new every week from next week until the finale. Four more episodes left, 2 of which are supersized (5/3 and 5/10), and the finale itself is an hour (5/17).

Wow. Michael in a press conference. Andy talking down a principal. This episode has high potential.

I think most of the episodes left will be "supersized" too, with the finale being 1 full hour.

From what I've read too, they look very promising.

:drool:

Blades of Glory shot her up 20 spots I bet.

Rainn Wilson will star in the comedy Girlfriend Experience for DreamWorks, with Montecito partners Ivan Reitman and Tom Pollock to produce, says Variety.

Mark and Brian Gunn, the cousins who recently scripted Mighty Mouse for Nickelodeon Films and Paramount, will write the screenplay.

Wilson, who came up with the idea, will play a lonely geek who, in an effort to make himself seem more desirable, hires a prostitute to pretend she's his girlfriend.

Hooray for Dwight!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=20081

Last edited:
No comments on last night's episode? How is that even possible? OK, highlights:

Jim being Dwight (of course)
The watermark and Dwight's comments on it
Kelly training Angela to be more of a people-person
Andy's girlfriend being in high school
Michael's press conference
Dwight being Jim (the eyes were priceless)

Next week's episode starts a little later than usual (everything's getting Super Sized as the season winds down, I guess):

WOMEN'S APPRECIATION
Special Time 8:36/7:36c TV14

CAN'T LIVE WITH 'EM, CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT 'EM - Outrage breaks out in the office after Phyllis (Phyllis Smith) gets an unexpected eyeful from a flasher. Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) makes some important personal decisions when he takes the women on a special outing. Meanwhile, Dwight (Rainn Wilson) and Andy (Ed Helms) work on catching the predator. John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer, B.J. Novak, Melora Hardin, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Paul Lieberstein, Oscar Nunez, Rashida Jones and Creed Bratton also star.

I do have to say, the sex appeared to be consensual, since they both has smiles on their faces.

Schrute/Bernard in '08, seriously. I'd vote for that if that were real.

In a rather tepid season, I thought this was an excellent episode. I cracked up over Jim and Dwight imitating each other. They were spot on! Kelly enthusiastically training the accountants in customer relations was very funny, as was Angela's difficulty in dealing with customer complaints. I used to work in retail; I felt her pain.

And sadly the biayatch customer who wanted Michael to resign was so spot on. Like I mentioned, I worked in retail, and far too many customers take "the customer is always right" to mean "I completely dehumanize you and ruin your life."

Andy finding out his girlfriend was still in highschool was rather cringeworthy, but what would an episode of the Office be without a cringeworthy moment?

Michael's spin control of the naughty watermark (press conference, apology tape) was pure Michael. And did anyone catch a call out to Michael's script "Threat Level Midnight?" I love these small touches.

Last edited:
"Beer me that disc."

"The only difference between me and a homeless man is this job."

Solid Episode.

I think this season has more standout episodes than last season, but some equally bad ones.

Top 10 material:
The Convict
The Negotiation
Business School
The Coup
Traveling Salesman

The Bad (I mean, skip on the DVD bad):
Diwali
The Convention
Phyllis's Wedding

That being said, I still like Season 2 more.

Golightly Grrl said:
And did anyone catch a call out to Michael's script "Threat Level Midnight?" I love these small touches.

I was the only one out of probably six people to laugh (loudly, I might add) when he said that. All of my casual Office fan pals didn't get the reference and I had to explain it to him.

I watched The Client before bed last night in honor of Michael Scarn, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Dwigt.

inmyplace13 said:

I was the only one out of probably six people to laugh (loudly, I might add) when he said that. All of my casual Office fan pals didn't get the reference and I had to explain it to him.

I watched The Client before bed last night in honor of Michael Scarn, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Dwigt.
Dwigt, hee!

I love when shows reference past jokes, it's rewarding for the hard-core fans (like what Arrested Development would do)

I liked when Michael told Dwight to clean up the office for the press confrence, he covered up Phyllis with a plant.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I love when shows reference past jokes, it's rewarding for the hard-core fans (like what Arrested Development would do)

Funny you should bring that up. I normally call my dad after Office episodes to discuss them and talk about what jokes we loved. I mentioned that during Michael's taped apology, the fact that he referred to the watermark as a "watermark boner" was very Arrested Development. Perfect word choice.

CNNMoney.com posted an article today on NBC Universal CEO Jeff Zucker. Toward the end of the second page of the article is an intriguing tidbit about The Office:

At NBC’s “upfront” presentation to advertisers on May 14, Zucker says he expects NBC to unveil five new programs — three dramas, one comedy, and one reality show — for its fall schedule. Zucker and Reilly are considering stretching The Office to an hour and canceling the original Law & Order.

What do you guys think? The next few episodes are going to be "supersized" and the finale is going to be a full-hour. I'm thinking NBC's testing whether or not an hour-long Office will work.

I think it will, the scenes they cut before broadcast are still quality bits, they just aren't that essential to that episode.

LemonMacPhisto said:

What do you guys think? The next few episodes are going to be "supersized" and the finale is going to be a full-hour. I'm thinking NBC's testing whether or not an hour-long Office will work.

I think it will, the scenes they cut before broadcast are still quality bits, they just aren't that essential to that episode.

I'd prefer the half hour format. An hour-long Office would take comedic bits like Jim dressing as Dwight and expand them out of being funny. Comedy is all about timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom