the office

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love, love, LOVE this show. Michael's presentation seriously cracked me up. I just adore all of the subtle and not so subtle bits of business and the layers of the characters. That's so rare in a 30-minute sitcom.

Sbarro pizza is nasty.

The Office is going on hiatus during the Olympics but will back on March 2nd, my b-day. Happy Birthday to me. Squee!

One of my new favorite moments of the BBC Office is the very first scene of series two where Gareth is singing the Muppets song and David shows up midway though. When the song is over, David goes "ohhh...Muppets"

Classic

my favorite part of last night's show was the bobble head that dwight got for valentine's day!!! That was so FUNNY!!:lol:
I want one of those now!

I'm a big fan of the office and I love Ricky gervais he's the funniest man alive!:wink:

my favourite part is the brent dance!

that got me laughing:laugh:

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:
I love both versions but my favorite one is the British one. Gareth and David make me laugh way too hard for my own good. My favorite moments from the British one are when Tim puts the dildo in David's office and he can't turn it off, and the picture below

youreawsome9tu.gif

Various quotes below:

areth: In this room I have special...
Tim: ... needs?
Gareth: No, in this room I am a special...
Tim: ... needs child?
Gareth: No, and that's not even funny.

Gareth: Condoms come in all different flavours nowadays. There's strawberry and curry and that. Do you like curry?

Rowan: Gareth, quick trust exercise, ultimate fantasy?
Gareth: Hmm?
David Brent: We're just doing the ultimate fantasy, we're all doing it.
Gareth: Two lesbians probably, sisters. I'm just watching.
Rowan: OK. Erm. Tim? Do you have one?
Tim: I'd never thought I'd say this, but can I hear more from Gareth please?
:laugh: :laugh: I love ricky doing the brent dance

So who else is excited about finally getting a new episode tonight?

I'm gonna miss the first quarter of the Mavs/Spurs game for it. Not a lot could make me do that

nah, it was really good. dwight spoke like hitler and mussolini at that conference...brilliantly funny!

but why did the crowd cheer? that didn't make any sense.

"i 7ust entertained a man who entertained one thousand people."

The crowd cheering is supposed to mimic how stuff like that, which reaches to our primal instincts, can easily pursuade people to do something idiotic or harmful.

The temp is certainly turning into a bit of an ass..........first hurting the Indian gal's feelings (although I would've done that in order to end a weird situation) and then making fun of Jim for being stuck in such a day-to-day routine. The Office must be starting to take its toll on him. :wink:

:hyper:

'The Office' Stays Open for Summer
Co-workers will star in web-only episodes

March 16 2006

LOS ANGELES -- Just like in real life, some of the cast from "The Office" won't a whole lot of time off this summer.

NBC is planning to shoot 10 online-only "webisodes" of its critically acclaimed comedy to air during the offseason. The new material will bring some of the show's supporting players front and center as the Dunder Mifflin accounting staff searches for a stash of cash that's gone missing from the Scranton office.

Angela (Angela Kinsey), Kevin (Brian Baumgartner) and Oscar (Oscar Nunez) will lead the search for the missing money, with no one above suspicion. The web episodes will also feature "Office" regulars Rainn Wilson, Melora Hardin, Phyllis Smith, Leslie David Baker, Kate Flannigan and David Denman.

A debut date for the online episodes, which will stream at NBC.com, hasn't been set.

"The Office" has been a big part of NBC's efforts to attract viewers through non-traditional outlets. The network webcast an episode on MySpace prior to its premiere last year, and the show has been one of NBC's more popular downloads on Apple's iTunes.

The show has seen its ratings grown since it and "My Name Is Earl" made the move from Tuesday to Thursday nights in January. Since the switch, "The Office" has drawn about 8.7 million viewers per week and a 4.5 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic NBC prizes. The 18-49 number is a 22 percent improvement over its Tuesday average; viewers are up about 12 percent since the move.

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-officeonlineepisodes,0,4838494.story?coll=zap-tv-headlines

Ricky Gervais was a guest voice (and writer) for tonight's new Simpsons. There were so many Brent-isms in the character that some of the lines sounded like they were straight out of Wernham-Hogg

Yeah, I loved Jim's tearing up over his family member's "drug addiction"!!

Queen Bee said:
grumpybump.gif

Did anyone watch Thursday night's episode? Great stuff :up:

I loved it. I really swooned when Jim finally talked to Pam when she had him buy her that Coke. "Hi." My heart went pitter-pat.

And Dwight in his costume, excuse me, uniform had me cracking up from the get go.

I just love this show and I can't wait for the second season DVDs to come out. I already have the first season DVDs.

Absolutely love the British Office! :lol:

Oh and even tho' you posted the comment about all the game threads in December - so what if people like those games? Is it harming you? :eyebrow: Don't look at them if you don't like them - look at what you do like then :|

Queen Bee said:
grumpybump.gif

Did anyone watch Thursday night's episode? Great stuff :up:

Don't you remember me, I took a urine test 4 years ago?

I go through lots of urine analyses.

Mine was green.

Oh...Dwight, how are you doing?

I've gotten better.

:lmao:

omg the british one is the best comedy of all time i think anyway. The US version just wasnt funny at all.

My best episode is the dance lol... everyone claps at first but near the end everyone is like :| .

Or when he gets the sack at the end of series 2 and he's in the chicken costume lol and he needs pictures taken for the newspaper :wink: .

vaz02 said:

My best episode is the dance lol... everyone claps at first but near the end everyone is like :| .

Or when he gets the sack at the end of series 2 and he's in the chicken costume lol and he needs pictures taken for the newspaper :wink: .

I just watched that episode tonight on UK Gold. Keith cracks me up every time in that Ali G getup, especially when he's talking to Dawn about safety in America :lol:

Tonight's episode had its moments, but got a bit too serious for me towards the end.

the old guy and his sprouts :lol:

I thought it was a great episode, even with the turn of events in the last half. I feel so bad for Jim :(

Creed is just awesome. I like how he took his ID photo as a mug shot and requested a different seating arrangement so he could look at Pam instead of Meredith :lol:

Oh, and Michael's Photoshopped picture of the staff was hilarious. Unproportional heads :drool:

Last edited:
Queen Bee said:
staffpicture4ns.jpg

Aaaaand this was great too:

Dwight: I never smile if I can help it. Showing one's teeth is a submission signal in primates. When someone smiles at me all I see is a chimpanze begging for its life.

dwight1kr.jpg

Oscar and Stanley's heads kill me everytime. :lol:

and what about Jim's secret New York file, he will pay for his malfeasance.

wow, that episode was classic.

it wad funny, and the ending was just...:combust:

I won't spoil for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Back
Top Bottom