The Octagon Bar: You Will Never Find A More Wretched Hive Of Scum And Villainy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*grabs a celebratory bottle of champagne*

Hey you! Yeah, you, the beautiful one behind the curtain. Would you like some of this bubbly? :sexywink:

Does anyone here know anything bout collecting vinyls? I am thinking bout it...for U2 stuff....I found some at a record store earlier but feel totally uneducated bout that.

:madspit: I hate not knowing bout something :madspit: (I'm a nerd)

KhanadaRhodes said:

How do you define Near Mint? Is there a huge difference between that and whatever is below it.? If a record as old as say, Boy for instance, has a slight ring on the cover is that bad? What about paper sleeves--I found a LP of Pride that was in a paper sleeve, not the cardboard kind. :huh: I could go on and on....

God, shouldn't have shook his hand...lol

I had to go get a shot today from the doctor, still can't talk yet, it's been three days

Glad i'm not the lead singer

So how was Philly compared to Chicago

It wasn't you and your mom who were line cutters in the Ga line were you..lol

Apparently, there was a slightly intocicated mother, daughter at the show..lol

I was like that surely wasn't stars and her mom...lol

I know you better than that...lol

Well, my mom and I did get a little heavy on the head our first night there...but no we weren't the line cutters or drunk the day of.

Philly was amazing too. Bono did some things with his voice that I thought were new, at least to my ears. And the show was spot on. Seeing my mother's reaction to it all was priceless though...

Sounds like it was as good as Chicago then...

Glad your mom enjoyed the show, that's awesome...

My mom was getting a kick out of all the people I met and the experiences I told her about from chicago

You got to fight

for your right

to keep Bono's sticks...lol

Sounds like a bad deal...would have been nice to leave with one of those..

Hahaha. It wasn't Rebekah and her mom

I remember those women, they were about 8 or 9 people ahead of us...people were hollering at them, lecturing them on the number system, chanting at them and everything and they didn't move. Eventually someone went and got a Wachovia employee and they went all the way to the back, with a pretty sour attitude to boot.

We had some real mouthy annoying arse from Brooklyn who tried to cut in front of April and Shannon and I. He was bitching about the line numbering, then someone came along checking numbers and found that he didn't have one. His first reply was "well it washed off" (even though they were written on our hands in permanent marker). Then when he was asked again his story changed to "I got here at 5:30 this morning and was told by the security guy (there were no security people at the line in the morning at all, they were all making sure the line for Green Day tickets was going smoothly) that the numbering system was useless and wasn't going to be used by venue staff so I didn't bother, but my number was around a dozen." Nobody anywhere around us had seen him all day. :rolleyes:

The security guy came and collected him soon after that, and moved him back about 50 places, but the asshole kept trying to move up, by talking with someone, then talking to the person ahead in line and slowly sliding up next to the person he was talking to, then repeating the process with the next person in line. He was almost back up next to us by the time the doors opened.

At least he didn't get into the Ellipse like the two drunken screaming assholes right behind Rebekah and her mom. They were whooping and hollering and wouldn't shut up about anything (these guys were number 95 and 96 or so in line, there were 2 girls between me and Shannon and these yahoos). They kept singing loudly and making rude comments to Rebekah and her mom, and as soon as they got into the Ellipse, they ran across jumping like they had just won the Super Bowl, screaming as loudly as possible, and making everyone around us hate them.

:slant:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom