The Octagon Bar: You Should See Us in the Morning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no, but i've gotten plenty of crazies. in fact i got several today. when i ask people what issues are important to them in the governors race, i usually get something like taxes, jobs, education, healthcare, etc. this one woman i called today said "the sex abuse scandal in the catholic church." i was like "uhhh......ok......."

another guy thought i had asked him what people are important to him when i had asked what issues are important to him, and he said "well my wife is important to me, after all i make love to her!" :yikes:

:lol:

When I did phone banking, sometimes I'd get old ladies that wanted to talk for a few hours. I didn't get any insults, but ther were a few that appeared angry that they were being called by democrats. They were convinced they were registered as republicans.

Yeah...I get people wanting to ramble on and on and on and on...I just sit and listen. I'll be glad when the election becomes geared more toward getting out the vote than sitting around entering data :p

wow its really late (or early) so i'm going to hit the sack. no work tomorrow! i'm gonna sit inside in the air conditioning with a high of 102. g'night! :wave:

U2democrat said:
Yeah...I get people wanting to ramble on and on and on and on...I just sit and listen. I'll be glad when the election becomes geared more toward getting out the vote than sitting around entering data :p

wow its really late (or early) so i'm going to hit the sack. no work tomorrow! i'm gonna sit inside in the air conditioning with a high of 102. g'night! :wave:
I should do the same. Goodnight!

Techie2000 said:
I already found out my roommate. He is currently in India. I sure hope he didn't get injured in the Earthquake they had there, he hasn't responded to any of my e-mails recently.

I also have to complete a stupid three hour course on alcohol to get admitted into my college by Augest 12th, and apparantly my high schoool hasn't sent my transcript to them yet. I'm going to have to light some fires under people's rears tomorrow.

The earthquake occurred on the other side of the Indian ocean just offshore of islands off Thailand. There was no Tsunami so I would imagine your mate is fine :)

pax said:
Good mooooooorning, Bar. :wave:

How's everyone this fine morning/afternoon?

big wet :kiss: for Ewen

Hello Abby! :wave:

I'm, well... :shifty: ...let's just say, good thing that theres nothing to do at the pharmacy, 'cause my mind is occupied with something *ahem* other that medicine right now! :wink:

:whistle:

Merc said:

Hello Abby! :wave:

I'm, well... :shifty: ...let's just say, good thing that theres nothing to do at the pharmacy, 'cause my mind is occupied with something *ahem* other that medicine right now! :wink:

:whistle:

Oh, I know exactly how you feel...by the time I had just a couple of days to go, regular life was like sleepwalking! I remember being in a meeting with one of my coworkers the day I had to go to pick Ewen up, and I don't remember a word she said because I was so preoccupied. :wink:

:hug: You two are going to have an awesome time.

pax said:
Oh, I know exactly how you feel...by the time I had just a couple of days to go, regular life was like sleepwalking! I remember being in a meeting with one of my coworkers the day I had to go to pick Ewen up, and I don't remember a word she said because I was so preoccupied. :wink:

I just have so many things I have to keep track of right now, I'm amazed it's not all one big chaos yet :lol: - getting everything finished up here, packed all my things (where did it all stuff come from?! :huh: ), getting home and starting at Uni right when I get home... and still my mind is very 'one-tracked' right now! Or two, rater... It's all LB ( :flirt: ) and :bono: ( :drool: )! :giggle:

pax said:
:hug: You two are going to have an awesome time.

Thanks! :hug: We will, I'm sure of it! :yes:

Merc said:

I just have so many things I have to keep track of right now, I'm amazed it's not all one big chaos yet :lol: - getting everything finished up here, packed all my things (where did it all stuff come from?! :huh: ), getting home and starting at Uni right when I get home... and still my mind is very 'one-tracked' right now! Or two, rater... It's all LB ( :flirt: ) and :bono: ( :drool: )! :giggle:

Tell me about it...I was still unpacking pretty much right up until Ewen got here! :giggle:

Is everyone going to be around for the shuttle launch? :hyper:

I'll pop back in later nearer the time - 15.39 GMT apparently

>>>>> runs a circuit around the bar making childish whooshing rocket noises <<<<<

They're going to launch it today? Cool. :up:

For those of you wondering what the heck Jeff and I were on about, we've been trying to work out a date to take in a baseball game for the better part of the summer. :) Hopefully 8/14 will be open on his calendar.

I am well in all aspects except for the fact that I really, really, REALLY hate this web publishing software today, even more than I usually do. It's making my job fifteen times more complicated. :mad:

Other than that, I'm...well, no more on edge than usual. :wink:

4 cups of coffee later, I'm still cranky at the software and waiting for e-mail...I'm trying to be pleasant, though. :sigh:

My man is so good to me. :cute:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom