The Octagon Bar: Where Everybody Knows Your Name!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
Welcome weary travelers!

We've been kicked around the corner, we've been known by different names but it's time to reopen the Octagon Bar!

...Stop in for a coffee or tea in the morning, bring your newspaper and sit in our soft leather couches. For lunch, come in and have a cocktail. Your boss will never know. When work is over, stop in for Happy Hour; you can be assured that your presence will not go unnoticed. Late nights are the best and the most wicked; the patrons are a frisky lot, but always friendly.

The Octagon Bar is located on the first floor of the Clarence Hotel in Dublin, Ireland. U2 are part owners of this magnificent watering hole and we seek to reproduce the camaraderie of a pub, complete with bar fights, dancing girls, and moderators who shut us down when the noise or the post count gets too high.

May I suggest that you order a drink, ask one of the lovelies or one of the gents for a , or perhaps you want to play a song on the jukebox. Share pictures of your kids and yourselves. Don’t be shy--by morning we’ll forget your face anyway.

This is a patron-run bar, so if the bartender is asleep in the back, or cuddled up on the couch with one of the patrons, go and pour a drink for your mate. The drink selection is only limited by your imagination. So dream out loud!

--Tim (starsforu2)

Check out, or add yourself to, the Octagon Map!

yay, that's Alan (enajh2) now added himself to the atlas. :up:

:: mixes up a fresh pitcher of sangrias to take over to brand-new, already-water-filled hot tub ::

Back in, then? :flirt:

:: leaves pitcher of sangria ::

:: throws on pool robe ::

I'm out for lunch, a bit of shopping (no not that kind), and a department meeting...I'll be back someday. :crack:

:wave:

:kiss:es for Ewen

**Walks in to the brand new bar**

Mmmm, me likes! :D:up:

...and a great title! :yes:

Well, it's dinner time - later! :wave:

*Sips on a SoCo & Sour*

My little brother is in town for a week. I've got to figure out a cool place to take him... :hmm:

hola :wave:

Last edited:
Diemen said:
I took him there last time (though there's plenty to see).

Keep in mind he's only 15, so the options are limited. ;)

I've only been to your area twice, but I felt like I saw a lot of things while there. If your brother is from nearby it probably won't be as new and cool as it is to someone from the East Coast.

When I go to a big city I like to go record shopping. So Amoeba records near Haight & Ashbury is the largest and finest Record Store I've ever been to. Plus the culture is fascinating to watch.

Cross the Golden Gate Bridge and stop in Sausolito. That is a really cool place. :up:

Alcatraz

China Town for authentic Chinese Food

Let him test drive your car down Lombard street. Don't get caught!

Go to the Wharf

See a baseball game. You have 2 major league teams.

Take a ride on the Trolley

Get some Ghiradelli's Chocolate

Hope this makes you think of something: :hmm:

pax said:
:: crumbles up FYM into a little ball and tosses it into giant flame ::

I cannot do ANYTHING right sometimes. :(

Doing the right thing doesn't mean that you're going to get universal consent. In fact, you'll probably get a lot of opposition. I read through the thread and I wouldn't take the criticism personally. The person you addressed publically, apologized publically. The rest is chatter.

**Comes dancing across the street :dance:, as the bar doors open the music starts playing...**

:dance:

Callin' out around the world
Are you ready for a brand new beat?
Summer's here and the time is right
For dancin' in the bar
They're dancin' in Chicago
Down in New Orleans
Up in New York City

All we need is music, sweet music
There'll be music everywhere
There'll be swingin', swayin' and records playin'
And dancin' in the bar

Oh, it doesn't matter what you wear
Just as long as you are there
So come on, every guy grab a girl
Everywhere around the world
There'll be dancin'
They're dancin' in the bar

This is an invitation
Across the nations
A chance for the folks to meet
There'll be laughin' and singin' and music swingin'
And dancin' in the bar

:dance: :dance: :dance:

:giggle:

Hello 'Goners! :wave:

starsforu2 said:
:wave: Hi Merc! Did you have fun playing in the hot tub with LB yesterday? :flirt:

:eek: Yes... :sexywink:

...it just seems so wrong to write to him in English! :giggle:

u2bonogirl said:
*walks in, kicks the FYM ball, picks it up, puts it in the blender and makes an FYM smoothie. Dumps it on the floor and walks through it*
:D

*looks over and sees Tim*
:ohmy:
*takes a running leap into his arms*
:kiss:
Hi

Well hello there my little vixen :flirt: I'm out of here in an hour and I'm praying for light traffic :dance:

Merc, just think you can interact with LB in at least 3 languages. Dutch, English and the Language of Love :yes:

Alas, Tara and I only have two languages, but we put extra effort into making sure that we communicate frequently....

whatever the language :ohmy:

starsforu2 said:
Merc, just think you can interact with LB in at least 3 languages. Dutch, English and the Language of Love :yes:

Alas, Tara and I only have two languages, but we put extra effort into making sure that we communicate frequently....

Ducth?! :huh: Thats a new one! :laugh: :wink:

...but its a very sweet thought! :cute:

starsforu2 said:

:reject:

*** Runs out of the bar with my ears burning with embarrassment **

Sorry I meant Danish! ** Thinks to self, that's probably wrong too ** :banghead:

Tim! :hug: Come back in the bar, will you! :lol:

It's okay! :yes:

... and it is danish... and swedish... and sometimes a little bit norwegian, if I feel like it! :wink:

starsforu2 said:

Well hello there my little vixen :flirt: I'm out of here in an hour and I'm praying for light traffic :dance:

:eyebrow: vixen: :shifty: sweet

I speak klingon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom