The Octagon Bar-The rum's not gone here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely you know im not going to be outdone, Laura gets asked out to James Bond then James must ask Lara out to a U2 show :wink:

Oh, I am having the weirdest sensation right now - in the complete absence of any narcotic I am experiencing a weird almost disembodiement - as I type my fingers are feeling like they are futhur away than they are; this is really weird and has never happened before.

Okay walked around and feel fine now - but freaky.

Ah just spent a big wad of money USD$170 on amazon :drool:

Catastrophes and Lesser Calamities: The Causes of Mass Extinctions

Annals of the Former World: It says aNNals, 2 n's

National Geographic Dinosaurs: for 7 y.o. cousin who is really into Dinosaurs, wish I had a cousin who was studying palaeontology at that age :wink:

Speciation: it's required knowledge ;)

Mass Extinctions and their Aftermath: I think global warming makes the cut

Im in the process of devouring a bookshelf and a few binders worth of journal articles; I have effectively switched from Mycroft to Sherlock mode by curtailing blog browsing :wink:

Last edited:
U2democrat said:
That I do!!! He was an awesome Bond villain...very :combust:...almost as hot as Bond himself! :sexywink:

I still think that Mads is :drool:, but... :faint: Daniel Craig was a very, very, VERY positive surprise!!! :combust:

Another suprise was Mr. White - I had absolutely no idea that there would be two Danish actors in the movie! :ohmy: The press overhere has only been focusing on Mads all the time...

I can't wait for the next movie! :hyper: :drool:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bond_22
(Spoilers inside!)

Too bad we have to wait 2 years :grumpy:

Looks like I'll have my 22nd birthday, a presidential election, and the next Bond movie all in the same week! :ohmy:

I don't know if I can handle all that excitement :wink:

:lol:

I can't wait to hear your review of it. You better go on opening day! :hyper:

Merc I really hope Mads does more english movies in the future I thought he was excellent. How big of a star is he in Denmark?

U2democrat said:

Looks like I'll have my 22nd birthday, a presidential election, and the next Bond movie all in the same week! :ohmy:

:lol:

But, you know Demmy, all good comes to those who wait (do you have that saying in English?!)... that goes for U2, James Bond, birthdays, presidential elections... :sexywink:

U2democrat said:
Merc I really hope Mads does more english movies in the future I thought he was excellent. How big of a star is he in Denmark?

Right now I'd say he's the biggest! :D But he was very big here before the whole Bond thing - he has starred in so many Danish films over the last 5-6 years, that right now I can't actually think of one he's not in! :huh: :lol: Plus, he played one of the main characters in a very, very popular Danish police series (its called "Unit One" in English, it won the Emmys a few years back) which also gave him star status overhere! :yes:

But, I still don't like his Enlish accent (or Jesper Christensens, Mr. White, for that matter) - I still think it's a little too "Danish"! :huh:

$350 for a first edition Tempo and Mode of Evolution by G.G. Simpson. I'm happy with it; and it will appreciate in value.

U2democrat said:

Hey, I´m having presidential elections too :yuck:

OK so some random loud beep just went off in the room (it woke me up) and neither my roomie nor I can figure out what it was...:shifty:

Anyway Merc you'll love this, I had a dream about Mads last night :sexywink:

In it he was a political strategy genius in Denmark and he and I were to team up to run the 2008 presidential campaign here in the States. It started out with me going to Copenhagen to meet him at some person's house who was throwing a party to celebrate our partnership. When I arrived there were a ton of people there and I was finally introduced to Mads...and he was an arrogant snob!! He refused to shake my hand and was acting like he was not looking forward to working with me. So I went :huh: and just mingled with other people at the party until I left.

The next evening Mads and I were to have a more formal meeting and I was now dreading it after the way he had treated me. It was at some palatial looking building in Copenhagen and he was waiting for me by his car just outside. When I went up to him I was sort of nervous but then he started shaking, and I had no clue why. He said "I'm so sorry about last night!! It's just, I was so nervous about meeting you that I tried to act confident but instead I came across acting like a jerk!" Naturally I forgave him he was being so cute when he was pouting.

After spending a couple of days in Denmark, it was time to leave for America. But we didn't fly over, we sailed on a ship that was like something you would have seen in the 1800s with the big masts and sails. It took us 2 months to get back to America! We faced some beautiful sunny weather but we also sailed through some pretty nasty storms, it was crazy, but I stayed out of the way while the crew did their thing.

Then we arrived in America, and were staying in some really really nice hotel in New York City. It was Mads' first time in America so he was fascinated by it all, and he had this wide eyed expression of a little kid as we travelled.

Of course he faced his critics, having some Danish guy helping run an American presidential campaign but he held his own, saying that politics was politics no matter what country (he was a master campaigner in Europe and he had helped campaigns in several countries).

At the campaign headquarters we would quiz him on people, republicans or democrats, issues, etc. until he knew the American system backwards and forewards.

That's pretty much where I woke up...I'm sure there were more details that I've forgotten but it was a pretty interesting dream :lol:

Oh yeah there was a ball in there somewhere where we danced...but I can't remember if it was in Copenhagen or New York...:hmm::shrug:

But when I woke up the first thing I thought was "oh! Gotta tell Merc about this!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom