The Octagon Bar-The rum's not gone here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2democrat said:
I'm so jealous! Congrats.

Demmy, you have to go to Dublin one day! :yes: Not just because of the obvious U2-sights (and band members! :shifty: ) you can see, but...

To me it's one of the best cities I've ever visited here in Europe! It's the same cosy size as Copenhagen, got lots of great shops and historical and cultural sights to see downtown, an amazing nightlife with all the pubs, right outside the city you've got a great landscape, beautifal nature... and the Irish people are some of the friendliest people I've ever met!! And I don't think they're just being friendly cos they're affraid of "the vikings"! :huh: :lol:

U2democrat said:
It looks like I might be getting my first ever boyfriend...

Demmy!!! :D:up:

Finally we've got some good Octagon gossip - tells us about him, who is he??? :hyper:

He doesn't wear beanies and play guitar now does he...? :shifty: :wink:

Wellllll, he's 19, currently in the Navy, has recently served 4 months in Iraq. He loves politics, baseball, U2, Sting, The Police, The Who, hates Bush, and considers himself a hopeless romantic. We really hit it off last night and are going to spend today together, he already wants to come down several more weekends (his navy base is about 40 minutes away).

One day he wants to be either in the CIA or the senate so he can help dig up dirt on my opponents :wink:

U2democrat said:
Wellllll, he's 19, currently in the Navy, has recently served 4 months in Iraq. He loves politics, baseball, U2, Sting, The Police, The Who, hates Bush, and considers himself a hopeless romantic. We really hit it off last night and are going to spend today together, he already wants to come down several more weekends (his navy base is about 40 minutes away).

One day he wants to be either in the CIA or the senate so he can help dig up dirt on my opponents :wink:

Wauh, he sounds really great Demmy! :hyper:

You've got a great taste in men, I must say! :sexywink: The Edge and now this guy - not bad, not bad! :wink:

Yeah...this will definitely be an adventure for me...

To top it off he's really REALLY good looking :D

But we've only known each other one day, I don't want to go too crazy........or should I? I dunno, I'm new at this whole relationship thing.

U2democrat said:
Yeah...this will definitely be an adventure for me...

To top it off he's really REALLY good looking :D

But we've only known each other one day, I don't want to go too crazy........or should I? I dunno, I'm new at this whole relationship thing.

Lucky girl! :hug: :cute:

Well, I'm certainly not the best person to give advise 'bout this, but I'll say it's allowed to be just a little :hyper:! :giggle:

U2democrat said:
:D

This is going to take some getting used to...a guy my age who actually wants a relationship with me...it's very new! :giggle:

Well, if it all works out, promise me you'll spend your honeymoon in Europe so that we can meet up! :giggle: :wink:

U2democrat said:
:lol:

I don't want to think that far ahead! :giggle:

No, I know, and you shouldn't! :) I'm only joking - I just think you're one of the coolest people I've "met" around Interference, and I think it would be fun meeting you in real life! :yes :D

Did you see that Bono got on Air Force One the other day, btw? See, that's just yet another reason why you need to become President - flying around in your own private jumbo jet, picking up rockstars in international airports! :wink:

**Goes behind bar and gets a couple of bananas from the fridge**

That's my hangover food (a trick I learned in Dublin actually! :lol: ) - think I got a little too :drunk: and :dance: last night! :shh: :shifty:

Merc said:

No, I know, and you shouldn't! :) I'm only joking - I just think you're one of the coolest people I've "met" around Interference, and I think it would be fun meeting you in real life! :yes :D

Awww thanks Merc! :hug: Oh to go back to Europe...if only it weren't so darn expensive!

U2democrat said:
Oh to go back to Europe...if only it weren't so darn expensive!

Now that you're in college/university, don't you have the posibility to do internships/international rotation or something like that?!

If you ever get the chance to go while you're studying, I'll really recommend it! :nerd: :yes: You get you see everything in a whole other way when you have to live in a new foreign place instead of when you're a tourist travelling through...

There's a really good program where you can study in Prague for a semester. Several of my friends are doing that now, and they absolutely love it. I hope to do that maybe next year.

U2democrat said:
There's a really good program where you can study in Prague for a semester. Several of my friends are doing that now, and they absolutely love it. I hope to do that maybe next year.

Cool! :up:

I've only been to Prague once - in the summer a few years ago, it was 40-50C the whole time, hottest summer in Europe in I don't know how many years! :huh:

But I remember Prauge as a very beautiful city, with the Charles bridge and the old buildings and narrow streets! :yes:

What is it exactly you're studying? What degree will you get when you graduate? :nerd:

U2democrat said:
I'm studying government/political science.

:up:

Yeah, I knew it would be something like that! :wink: I was just thinking that you'd combined it with history or something along those lines - I don't know where I got that from... :reject:

I'm majoring in Government and Public Affairs (which is just a fancy title for political science) and minoring in Leadership.

History makes sense, it has a lot in common with government.

Sorry I just left you here Demmy, just had to figure out some details about my birthday! :crazy:

U2democrat said:
I'm majoring in Government and Public Affairs (which is just a fancy title for political science) and minoring in Leadership.

Sounds like a really good combination - and as an education you can use for a lot of things! Don't you have many employment posibilities once you finish? :nerd: That's one of the things I really like about my education, it's so broad I can get a job almost anywhere as long as its related to health, chemisty, biology or something similar! :D

U2democrat said:

Oh to go back to Europe...if only it weren't so darn expensive!

:sigh:

and I know... I miss my family and friends. :(

Nice to hear there's love in the air, Laura! You do know that before long everyone's going to be yelling "pictures!"

Merc, hope you have a good trip to Dublin. You sound like you've spent more time out of Denmark than in it. :lol:

:lol:

People are already yelling "Pictures!"

He'll be coming this weekend so I'll take some :D

Will you be returning to the great country of Scotland anytime soon? You must be very homesick.

Hello peeps! long time no see...

Laura, It's great to hear that the boys in the U.S has finally gotten their eyes open!

:)

I see that someone is going to Dooblin....Myself I'm going to the next best place for a U2 fan in December....Trabantland! Berlin!

I'm surely gonna take the U2 subway line to Zoo Station. :lol:

I took the U2 subway line to the Zoo Station and I was sooooooooo :hyper: and my German teacher was the only one who understood why because U2 is also his favorite band. I forgot to take a picture in my excitement though :angry:

Have fun in Berlin! I absolutely love it there.

U2democrat said:

"Politics is not a science" - Thomas Jefferson

:wink: I love that quote (and I was a poli sci major, too... love the field / major, but it's a cool quote to work into essays once in a while, if a point is becoming too difficult to prove empirically.)

Poo. My boy called all disappointed because his parents want him home this weekend, and he lives up by DC. :p He's hoping he could maybe stop by on sunday but he's carpooling with other people so he can't really control the timing. Oh well...at least he was disappointed he couldn't spend the whole weekend with me :sexywink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom