The Octagon Bar: Swanky and Soaked for 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys and dolls I'm back!!

Still elated and drunk from tonight's show--which if I may add, only made my tour anxiety worse as I suspected it might!!! You guys, Joshua Tree is AMAZING LIVE!!!! They look and sound just like our boys--it's kinda creepy in a good way and they f:censored:in ROCKED! :)

Wow ok a drunken recap--Exit were great, that Courtney can sure play guitar but Joshua Tree now these guys were AMAZING!!!

Highlights for me: Slow dancing to With or Without You with whom I will refer to as "faux Bono"; hearing acoustic renditions of Electrical Storm and SYCMIOYO--just jaw dropping, I could imagine Bono doing an acoustic version of the latter at the upcoming U2 shows, just plain beautiful; hearing One Tree Hill and Out of Control; watching "Bono" battle as Macphisto with "The Edge"during UTEOTW; hearing some Rolling Stones tunes being tagged at the end of SBS-- Ruby Tuesday (my friggin e-mail--coincidence or not?) and Sympathy for the Devil; singing albeit while slightly drunk with "Bono" to my theme song Angel of Harlem which at some point, "Bono" sang as Angel of L.A. yay! (extra special since "Bono" had no clue who I was); and my friends realizing much to their chagrin just how much of a U2 dork I truly am. Also, the guys gave props to everyone at Interference so that was very very cool, it made all this internet friendship all that much more real for me. Does that even make sense or am I just rambling?

In short, if these guys ever play at a town near you, DO see them. You won't regret it! Trust me!

:dance:

Oh yeah about those 50s lingerie slips, they are slightly revealing but in a sexy use your imagination kind of way! :wink: And Tara, you look really *good* in those pics--what a cutie! :up:

Last edited:
just remember that when you but the ipod all of the sudden your ipods needs all of these "accessories" that you feel the ipod cant live without :wink: sneaky steve jobs and the apple people....

slightly drunk from going out after work....
nice to see so many in the bar tonight:)

yes - beer good :yes:

different note - here in STL we are having a true thunderstorm in January complete with lightening - just not right (but preferable to snow and ice). Still slightly frightening all the same so I have my candles and cow flashlight ready (don't ask)

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I'll have a flirtini. :sexywink:

** Mixes 2 ounces Stolichnaya Razberi Vodka, 1/2 oz. Cointreau, Splash each of lime juice, pineapple juice, & cranberry juice, a few raspberries, Brut Champagne, sprig of mint

Muddle raspberries in the bottom of a cocktail glass. Shake the first five ingredients & strain into glass. Top with Brut Champagne. Garnish with a sprig of mint. **

Here you go!

Hey Pax :hug: What's wrong, what can I get you?

bleeeeuuuuuuggggggghhhhhhh

i've just woken up again and can't get back to sleep - its like 4am almost
i think i'm still drunk

and i think i have sambuca and chocolate milkshake in my hair

and theres a traffic cone in my room and i don't know why?

yikes :yikes: now hailing outside - but power still on (saying prayers to the ameron UE guys)
as for nummy beer - enjoying a corona right now with a lovely twist of lime

digsy - at least you probably smell good:) as for the traffic cone consider it a party favor- I still have a ducks crossing sign that I really only have a vague recollection of "obtaining" :wink:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom