The Octagon Bar: Squash Shaped Hot Tubs, Vertigo Countdown, and Mechanical Red Bulls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome weary travelers!

We've been kicked around the corner, we've been known by different names but it's time to reopen the Octagon Bar!

...Stop in for a coffee or tea in the morning, bring your newspaper and sit in our soft leather couches. For lunch, come in and have a cocktail. Your boss will never know. When work is over, stop in for Happy Hour; you can be assured that your presence will not go unnoticed. Late nights are the best and the most wicked; the patrons are a frisky lot, but always friendly.

The Octagon Bar is located on the first floor of the Clarence Hotel in Dublin, Ireland. U2 are part owners of this magnificent watering hole and we seek to reproduce the camaraderie of a pub, complete with bar fights, dancing girls, and moderators who shut us down when the noise or the post count gets too high.

May I suggest that you order a drink, ask one of the lovelies or one of the gents for a , or perhaps you want to play a song on the jukebox. Share pictures of your kids and yourselves. Don’t be shy--by morning we’ll forget your face anyway.

This is a patron-run bar, so if the bartender is asleep in the back, or cuddled up on the couch with one of the patrons, go and pour a drink for your mate. The drink selection is only limited by your imagination. So dream out loud!

--Tim (starsforu2)

starsgoblue said:
:yikes: Abby's not fuckin' around these days....

April, I can see your sig....

*Illegal posting! Oh yeah daddy, it feels good to be bad doesn't it?!*

:angry:

:hug:

I can feel every single nerve in my arm.

It's one of those days.

oh, the other bar has hit 500, i know where i'm meant to be now

i wanna drink

who's making cocktails and where's mine

or am i gonna play barwench for once
can i can i please please
i've got the uniform and everything - its a bit dusty admittedly and hasnt been out for a while but i'm sure it still fits!

I really thought you'd wait until after Penn, Pax. That's really awesome news. I also have some dates so I can check out stuff to do, see if any bands and stuff are playing that week....plus the touristy and not so touristy (eweny) things.

**wriggles into bar wench uniform**

right who wants what?

house speciality is Flaming Lambourghini's but you can hace whaterver you want!

thats a double shot of whisky right :evil:

**pours whiskey**

I'l give you another one if you can drink it while on the bull without spilling! :lol:

digsy said:
i wanna drink

who's making cocktails and where's mine

or am i gonna play barwench for once
can i can i please please
i've got the uniform and everything - its a bit dusty admittedly and hasnt been out for a while but i'm sure it still fits!

** Cracks knuckles, dusts off shirt after unceremoniously getting shoved out of the old bar mid-post **

:madspit: Next time, wait until the bar is clear before nailing the coffin closed!

** Breaks out into a big grin :D **

Hi Digsy! Where has my long lost sister been? You need a Jack. Now.

** Pours a Jack Daniels over ice over Digsy **

Can't remember how you like it. If you don't need ice feel free to start throwing them at the Hot Tub patrons. They'd probably appreciate it. :mac:

So, what's up? Did you get DC for both nights?

ewen said:
I really thought you'd wait until after Penn, Pax. That's really awesome news. I also have some dates so I can check out stuff to do, see if any bands and stuff are playing that week....plus the touristy and not so touristy (eweny) things.

I kind of thought I would too. :wink:

Ummmm...so! Are ya surprised? :hyper:

digsy said:
thats a double shot of whisky right :evil:

**pours whiskey**

I'l give you another one if you can drink it while on the bull without spilling! :lol:

Oh yes! :evil:

**takes double shot of whisky and tries to drink it while being thrown about on the bull** :huh:

starsforu2 said:

** Cracks knuckles, dusts off shirt after unceremoniously getting shoved out of the old bar mid-post **

:madspit: Next time, wait until the bar is clear before nailing the coffin closed!

** Breaks out into a big grin :D **

Hi Digsy! Where has my long lost sister been? You need a Jack. Now.

** Pours a Jack Daniels over ice over Digsy **

Can't remember how you like it. If you don't need ice feel free to start throwing them at the Hot Tub patrons. They'd probably appreciate it. :mac:

So, what's up? Did you get DC for both nights?

ice is just perfect... although i'll probably throw it at someone anyway just cause that seems fun.

only got DC for the one night - Dont have enough credit cards or money to buy anymore tickets - one of the reasons you got some codes... :D

i do have 2 tix for the one night though and theres a good chance that i'm gonna be coming over alone so i might try trade it when i get there for a ticket for the second night as well. prob is though because its overseas purchase my tix are on willcall - i can only collect them from boxoffice so i dont get them till concert day :eek:

Hi folks :wave:

Digsy, have you made it to the Anton Corbijn exhibition yet? (I'm to lazy/busy to send you a PM! :p )

Hope you all have a good time, those of you who are getting together, when you meet up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom