The Octagon Bar: Squash Shaped Hot Tubs, Vertigo Countdown, and Mechanical Red Bulls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
starsgoblue said:
:aargh:

(fit of jealousy)

:wink: :hug:

did i mention that he hugged me (twice) and gave me a kiss (twice)...
hee hee gloat gloat gloat

digsy said:

did i mention that he hugged me (twice) and gave me a kiss (twice)...
hee hee gloat gloat gloat

Ok, now you're pushing it Missy! :wink:

(is looking for paintable pics....:happy: )

Yeah, so work today was awesome because HearMusic, Starbuck's own music label thingie, had Gloria, Two Hearts Beat As One, New Year's Day, Streets, Pride and another U2 song I forget on it's machine/disc during the 8 hours I was there. I was happy as a clam...even though I am beat tired now.

ok ok no more i promise.....

(i kissed bono ha ha ha ha)

how is the work going stars?
i'm on shitty night shifts at work - absolutely knackered - worked 12 hours yesterday till 2am and then was up at 8am for the repairman to come fix the boiler but the bastard didnt arrive.
and now i'm tired

at lesat i get to sit on my butt all day on here though :D

Last edited:
Ha ha...I cannot take ANY other vacation for the rest of the year. This is great! :hyper:

I'm going to make it by the skin of my teeth with my vacation time. And I have 2 personal days I'll be able to play with (I have 3, but I'm using one for 5/13 to pick up 'Goners at the airport).

LOL, I'm such a corporate weenie now. All right, speaking of which, I'm freed from the office for the day. Ciao! :wave:

Ewen, I'll talk to you shortly. :kiss:

digsy said:

i'm on shitty night shifts at work - absolutely knackered - worked 12 hours yesterday till 2am and then was up at 8am for the repairman to come fix the boiler but the bastard didnt arrive.
and now i'm tired

:mad:

Ack, work is great. Seems like I'll already be getting a raise in about a month. I am exaushsted though. I was up at four to get there at 5:30 and worked until 2 and then a couple co-workers asked me to get some Coronas with them....I was pooped but they wouldn't take no for an answer and paid and all....it was nice but I'm achy. I have to go back in at 5:30 tommorow....:sigh: At least I really do like it there...

digsy said:

and now i'm tired

I did three weeks on nights when I worked at British Aerospace for a year in 1998-99 (they're now BAe Systems). From 7.30 - 6.30am, I think.

It's funny but you kinda get used to it although I do recall a couple of days when Preston council persisted in digging up the road outside my house while I was trying to sleep! :mad: :(

pax said:

Ewen, I'll talk to you shortly. :kiss:

:kiss: okay, in the meantime i'll be in the 'ghetto' bar across the road having a beer. talk to you later.

believe me i've done my fair share of nights

pretty much had a nervous breakdown last year at work when for a period of about 3-4 months i was doing nights every second week which meant switching my body clock by 12 hours every week - impossible.
and thery werent just normal night shifts - start at 6/7pm and would be here till the days guys got in at about 9:30/10am
totally screwed me up big time and started making me sick. its impossible to get to sleep at 11am and get a good nighs/days sleep .
final straw came when i rocked up to work on a friday night and worked out that since sunday night when my week had officially started, i had had a total of 8 hours sleep the whole week.
i pretty much snapped and broke down, found my boss in the pub and told her that unless it changed instantly i was gonna quit. worst of all i was doing all this for minumum wage.
came in to work the monday after, had a meeting and by wednesday i had a change of title, change of hour structure and a 50% pay rise with bonus :D
so i guess it kinda worked out but it totally wasnt worth it and i'm still annoyed that my work pushed me to that breaking point.
refuse to do it again though and i've kinda managed to avoid night shifts since then.
needed them this week though as i got stuff to do

Last edited:
crap, i saw :mac: and thought this was randoooooom. no wonder i don't know what the title means.

pax said:
Hiya, LL! :)

This Bar is now OFFICIALLY :)angry:) open for business.

(And the bar wench feels much better.)

Hi Pax!

I could use a few pints of Strongbow cider.....:drool:

aaaarrrrgggghhhhh

is like 1am and i'm still at work
sucky ass

waaaaaaah :sad:

no its ok, i should get to go home soon
it probably wouldnt be soo bad if i ipod wasnt bust... (the 2nd time in a week :mad: )
i'm tired though, whos got the coffee?

:scream:

oh the pain!!!!!!!! :scream:

you would think month after month i would get used to the pain that comes with being a girl but no..........it always seems to surprise me. :mad:

any good drinks to help me drown the pain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom