The Octagon Bar: Religious Nuts, Political Fanatics in the Stew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

I have to get up early tomorrow morning to go to a prayer breakfast to sit and listen to a speaker who will probably make me squirm...but I'll get to see Gov-Elect Tim Kaine and he'll probably be squirming too so it's all good :lol:

Umm, okay so I was supposed to go over some girls house, and she called me said she was stuck at someone else's house babysitting and would call me when she got home. It's been almost 2.5 hours, and I called left a voicemail about an hour and a half ago offering to pick her up since she seemed to be stuck there a long time, and I tried calling her again and she didn't pick up, and I am worried she got into some sort of car accident...:yikes:

U2democrat said:
I'll certainly fill you in! It's the first time I'll see Bono on his own, I saw the boys during the Elevation tour.

Great! :D:up: I'll be looking forward to reading about it - you'll get my new mail adress just before I leave then... :)

Btw, I checked the flight ticket prices yesterday - just for fun! I'd have to pay close to 9000 US$ to get to Hawaii! :yikes: No, I'm not going! :laugh:

... but I'm still :madwife: they apparently don't do a show in Africa!

Demmy, could you tell Bono that the fans are very :grumpy: that there will be no show in Africa when you meet him on Feb 3rd? Please?

:wink:

Of course I'll tell Bono :wink:

So. It's a little after 5:30 in the morning. I've been lying in bed since 2 unable to sleep. :huh: In about an hour I'll be heading downtown anyway but it would have been nice to get more sleep :grumpy:

U2democrat said:

So. It's a little after 5:30 in the morning. I've been lying in bed since 2 unable to sleep. :huh: In about an hour I'll be heading downtown anyway but it would have been nice to get more sleep :grumpy:

Great - thanks! :laugh::up:

... and goodmorning to you! Thats a bit early to get up! :huh:

U2democrat said:

And now about an hour later I see your post :sexywink:

I have been listening to the Shatner album again, it's a bad influence on me :wink:

Its this damn iTunes, I am constructing playlists by adding a selection then narrowing and arranging.

A_Wanderer said:

I don't think we've ever been properly introduced? :)

Or have we? If my memory is failing, I'm very sorry! :reject:

I'm Dorthe - you can call me that, or 'Merc' - both is just fine with me! :wink:

I've been around The Bar since... - too long! :laugh: - actually ever since we opened the place... :reject:

I'm curently the only representative of Europe here - as far as I know! :hmm:

... and thats about it really! :D

:crack:

Gosh the guy I just saw speak was the ultimate right-wing nutjob :crack:

Well, at least I got a :kiss: on the cheek from Tim Kaine who hopefully was as uncomfortable as I was during that speech :crack:

Zig Ziglar is the guys name...right wing evangelical christian. Degrading to women, called some poor mormon girl satan because she believed a little differently from him, and refused to believe that the Bible is debatable, said that anyone of any other religion will surely go to hell no matter what... :angry:

*takes a deep breath* :sigh:

The things I go through just to see Tim Kaine :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom