The Octagon Bar: Post-Holiday Sleepy Monday Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
Give'r!

Welcome weary travelers!

We've been kicked around the corner, we've been known by different names but it's time to reopen the Octagon Bar!

...Stop in for a coffee or tea in the morning, bring your newspaper and sit in our soft leather couches. For lunch, come in and have a cocktail. Your boss will never know. When work is over, stop in for Happy Hour; you can be assured that your presence will not go unnoticed. Late nights are the best and the most wicked; the patrons are a frisky lot, but always friendly.

The Octagon Bar is located on the first floor of the Clarence Hotel in Dublin, Ireland. U2 are part owners of this magnificent watering hole and we seek to reproduce the camaraderie of a pub, complete with bar fights, dancing girls, and moderators who shut us down when the noise or the post count gets too high.

May I suggest that you order a drink, ask one of the lovelies or one of the gents for a , or perhaps you want to play a song on the jukebox. Share pictures of your kids and yourselves. Don’t be shy--by morning we’ll forget your face anyway.

This is a patron-run bar, so if the bartender is asleep in the back, or cuddled up on the couch with one of the patrons, go and pour a drink for your mate. The drink selection is only limited by your imagination. So dream out loud!

--Tim (starsforu2)

Darren, that means we can have a decent night's sleep here without missing any news (if you want 'spoilers') - since it'll be roughly 6am (our time) when the show kicks off.

* carefully, fits himself into hammock with Pax *

:hug:

I think we need to have a No Spoilers note in every bar from here on out, what do you say Abby?

Some people kind of forget that sorta thing when they post around here. :shame: :sexywink:

Good morning. It's going to be 54 degrees today so I'm going to to go out for a walk - with just a light jacket on! :shocked: - in a bit.

Hello all:wave:

What time does the show start? 8pm? Which will be lunchtime Tuesday, I think, here :scratch:

I'm with you on that April. In fact I'd go further and say that I'd wish that most talk of U2 was kept out of the Octagon - just like the "It's Official" forum. Just because I feel that there are hundreds of places / threads that we can discuss U2 so why bring it in here.

Well, the U2 content is inevitable to some extent, but I do agree that we should avoid spoilers in the Bar if at all possible. :up:

I'm not in a policy-setting state of mind today, so I hope my endorsement of no-spoilers is strong enough for everyone. ;)

Now would someone bring over a couple of lovely sangrias to the hammock here? I bar-wenched most of last week and I'm all cuddled up with Ewen here...I do NOT feel like getting up. :wink:

ewen said:
I'm with you on that April. In fact I'd go further and say that I'd wish that most talk of U2 was kept out of the Octagon - just like the "It's Official" forum. Just because I feel that there are hundreds of places / threads that we can discuss U2 so why bring it in here.

There's been plenty of U2 talk in IO lately. My stomach is full from chowing down on all those brains. :sigh:

*grabs Mia, cuddles her for a bit, throws open doors of bar and goes out for a walk*

*hands Abby and ewen a pitcher of sangria on way out ;)

of course it's inevitable....it's a U2 forum! that's not what i'm saying.

forget about it Tania.....i'm just going to stop breathing.

pax said:

That would eventually work against that whole living-happily-ever-after plan, I think.

yeah, well it gets a little tiring that whenever i utter personal opinions or whatever in this forum....people automatically think there is an argument.

Tania said:

It's all those references to Connor MacLeod isn't it?:wink:

you got it!

it's the Conan MacLeod that got to me big time :wink:

ewen said:

yeah, well it gets a little tiring that whenever i utter personal opinions or whatever in this forum....people automatically think there is an argument.

Actually, that wasn't what I thought at all.

It's all right...nobody's arguing. I think we all know what you mean (which is to say that perhaps as the tour consumes the rest of the forum, we here can, and should, continue to keep the same "Bar" vibe as always).

:hug: it's all good, dear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom