The Octagon Bar: Post-Holiday Sleepy Monday Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ewen said:
DaveC, don't give me that crap about being confused. You're an immature little shit trying, as usual, to wind me up. Let me remind you:

You're calling ME an immature little shit?

May I remind you that I'm not the one here who flies off the handle at so much as a mention of your girlfriend having previously been involved with others.

Nor am I the one who goes apeshit when a girl dares to poke her nose into a thread that you've deemed is restricted to men only (a power which, last I checked, you don't have). I consider Laura like a little sister on this board, and dammit, I'm going to protect her. You were WAY out of line with that PM, and I told you so.

And in regards to my previous post in this thread...Christ man...go back to Grade 8 English. I'm sure they'd love to teach you what the word "sarcasm" means.

You've got some screws loose, mate. Maybe some anger issues?

Last edited:
Please let's not. :|

I have to referee fights everywhere else on these forums. Don't make me do it here, too. The original comment did make me a bit uncomfortable.

pax said:
The original comment did make me a bit uncomfortable.

Well then I apologise for that. It wasn't meant to. It was just meant in jest.

Ewen's response to that though was totally uncalled for, you know that.

DaveC said:

Well then I apologise for that. It wasn't meant to. It was just meant in jest.

Thank you. I appreciate that.

Look, maybe the two of you need to (so to speak) sit down and have a man-to-man discussion. I can see where you both are coming from on various points, and because of my position as a mod I feel uncomfortable trying to referee these tiffs publicly.

pax said:

Thank you. I appreciate that.

Look, maybe the two of you need to (so to speak) sit down and have a man-to-man discussion. I can see where you both are coming from on various points, and because of my position as a mod I feel uncomfortable trying to referee these tiffs publicly.

I don't really feel I have anything to discuss.

I'm not the one who blows up at people for the tiniest things. If he can't distinguish when people are joking or control his temper on a message board, where you have time to calm down and type out a rational post that you can easily edit (both while you type and after you submit it) well then I don't know if I really want to sit down and discuss anything.

If Ewen feels the ability to be more rational, then I have no problem letting bygones be bygones. I hold no vendetta against him, despite the fact that he seems to be holding a major grudge against me, for reasons I'm really not 100% sure of.

EDIT: Jackie :hug:

Last edited:
~BrightestStar~ said:
I still love ya dave :hug:

I've only been here a few months...and yet I'm reminiscing about the good ol days...ah yes..I remember January...

:tsk: :giggle:

I'm crazy.

Yeah . . . January . . . where as of Oct 2001 I had like 50 posts :huh:

It does no good, however, to post what you're saying in this environment. First of all, whatever it is between the two of you really shouldn't be discussed publicly; it's not fair to you, to him, or to the people who just come here to have fun. It's no one else's business. He's not even online right now to defend himself, so please take it out of the Bar.

Second of all, I've found in my experiences as a mod here that it's not generally just one person's fault; rather, the parties in conflict generally each shoulder some share of the blame. I can't, and won't, assign the blame here.

Finally, although I have different relationships with the both of you, I like you both and want everyone to be able to coexist peaceably and continue to enjoy this little community we've formed. Obviously I have a duty to protect that, but at the same time, I do have an emotional obligation to Ewen that's a bit different from what I have to anyone else on this forum.

Because of my conflicting roles here, I can't and won't get in the middle of this problem publicly (any more than I already have, at least). I'm going to ask that any further discussion on this matter happen off the forum and solely between the both of you.

Thank you.

pax said:
Because of my conflicting roles here, I can't and won't get in the middle of this problem publicly (any more than I already have, at least). I'm going to ask that any further discussion on this matter happen off the forum and solely between the both of you.

Thank you.

That's rather difficult to do when he's got me blocked from AIM and ignores me everywhere else.

I won't even bother until he gets off his high horse, stops looking down his nose at me, and stops treating me like a child. He fails to realize that I'm an adult, capable of logical thought, and treats me as if he has authority over me. Once I stop being patronized at every opportunity, I will be more than willing to have a calm, rational discussion with him.

Just thought I'd poke my head in and say :wave:

I am still on cloud 9 from last night's show. I know ther bar rules, no spoliers so my lips are sealed.

Lets just say, I don't think I will ever be the same again.

DaveC said:

That's rather difficult to do when he's got me blocked from AIM and ignores me everywhere else.

I won't even bother until he gets off his high horse, stops looking down his nose at me, and stops treating me like a child. He fails to realize that I'm an adult, capable of logical thought, and treats me as if he has authority over me. Once I stop being patronized at every opportunity, I will be more than willing to have a calm, rational discussion with him.

Check your e-mail if you haven't already.

angel_of_L.A. said:
Just thought I'd poke my head in and say :wave:

I am still on cloud 9 from last night's show. I know ther bar rules, no spoliers so my lips are sealed.

Lets just say, I don't think I will ever be the same again.

** Pokes head in and sees Happy Talk! **

Hey Angel :wave: Was this your 1st U2 concert? Where did you sit? Don't give it away to everyone else, but I think you express your walking on air stuff :yes:

bring1.jpg

On me. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom