The Octagon Bar: Pitch Your Tents Here Underneath Giant Nordic Mooseheads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Hola!

I was off doing some shopping for my trip. My PM boxes didn't pop up, either.

But mine just did (the PM from you). :scratch:

Weird.

Hmmmm, I think I'll lunch al fresco today. Too nice to stay inside.

Come on, Tara, make it worth it for me. ;)

What are you willing to ante up to be mentioned in my 8000th post? I'll take cardboard boxes, you know.

EDITED TO AVOID PRE-8000 POSTWHORING: Please continue to bid while I scamper off to eat lunch. I'll be anxiously awaiting everyone's offers upon my return.

okay, maybe I'm a little biased. :sexywink:

Last edited:
i had two very different dreams last night:

first i had a dream that i met roy williams (unc coach) and was gushing going on and on about how great the championship game was and how happy i was for him and :blahblah: and as i was going on and on he was going "aww...shucks...thanks."
now, that dream wasn't very far from reality, it's alot like something that would actually happen.

however i then had a dream that the actor liev schreiber (i really really like him...he was in the manchurian candidate) went into my parents closet with a baseball bat. he covered the baseball bat with some flammable substance, hung it from the ceiling, and then lit it on fire. i was the only one home and i heard something going on and he had gone downstairs so i ran down and tackled him (he's 6'2"...i'm 5'2" but i somehow tackled him...). after i had tackled him and then stood up he got on his knees and begged me to forgive him for being bad...:ohmy::coocoo::lol:

U2Girl1978 said:
So April, are you excited? :wink:

Just a smidge. ;)

I haven't seen them in almost 4 years, and I haven't read any spoilers (on purpose, anyway) so I am anxious to see the show! I'm also excited because I get to see and hang with Sicy again (last time was Vegas in 2001 for Elevation).

and of course go dancing with Travolta-er, Adam :flirt: :giggle:

U2democrat said:
i had two very different dreams last night:

first i had a dream that i met roy williams (unc coach) and was gushing going on and on about how great the championship game was and how happy i was for him and :blahblah: and as i was going on and on he was going "aww...shucks...thanks."
now, that dream wasn't very far from reality, it's alot like something that would actually happen.

however i then had a dream that the actor liev schreiber (i really really like him...he was in the manchurian candidate) went into my parents closet with a baseball bat. he covered the baseball bat with some flammable substance, hung it from the ceiling, and then lit it on fire. i was the only one home and i heard something going on and he had gone downstairs so i ran down and tackled him (he's 6'2"...i'm 5'2" but i somehow tackled him...). after i had tackled him and then stood up he got on his knees and begged me to forgive him for being bad...:ohmy::coocoo::lol:

Weird, Laura! :lol:

I think Liev is a hottie. :yes:

pax said:
The decimal point?

Seriously?

yup, John Napier, Edinburgh. He's also the guy that came up with Logarithms.

napier_john1.jpg

looked a fun guy to be around.

My old University was named after him....that would be Napier University then. His old tower is still standing at the campus I used to attend.....he'd spend intolerable hours in there, designing what this decimal point would end up looking like, to finally come up with ---------> . <-------

okay, i made that very, very last bit up!

ewen said:

yup, John Napier, Edinburgh. He's also the guy that came up with Logarithms.

napier_john1.jpg

looked a fun guy to be around.

My old University was named after him....that would be Napier University then. His old tower is still standing at the campus I used to attend.....he'd spend intolerable hours in there, designing what this decimal point would end up looking like, to finally come up with ---------> . <-------

okay, i made that very, very last bit up!

:lmao:

Yeah, I think he fecked it all up. It should have been a decimal square instead :yes: :wink:

** Fetches York Peppermint Patty from the bottom of my lunch bag and chases it with some peppermint schnapps **

he didn't actually literally inventent the dot! :lol:

he introduced the decimal notation for fractions.

EDITED TO ADD: i posted this before seeing Tim's posting.

Last edited:
ewen said:
he didn't actually literally inventent the dot! :lol:

he introduced the decimal notation for fractions.

:shh: Don't spoil a good joke! This one has the potential of being one of those one's that you might hear again in a few months on the GA line as someone flexes their Scottish knowledge and spouts off about the inventor of the decimal point is that Napier fellow.

Edited to be better understood: I lack Napier like Wit, so I edited it. :lol:

Last edited:
starsforu2 said:

:shh: Don't spoil a good joke! This one has the potential of being one of those one's that you might hear again in a few months on the GA line as someone flexes their Scottish knowledge and spouts off about the inventor of the decimal point that there Rapier fellow. Very very witty!

It's true what they say....Chinese Whispers. The inventor of the decimal point has already had a name change!

:lol:

starsforu2 said:

:lmao:

Yeah, I think he fecked it all up. It should have been a decimal square instead :yes: :wink:

** Fetches York Peppermint Patty from the bottom of my lunch bag and chases it with some peppermint schnapps **

It should of been the decimal kangaroo. i think more kids would have enjoyed mathematics more if it was something a bit more fun.

kangaroo.gif
3 + 5
kangaroo.gif
2 = 17
kangaroo.gif

pax said:
:cute: kangaroos :cute:

Can I interpret that as a bid of 3 kangaroos for my 8000th post?

i'll bid you one of these:

HighlandCow.jpg

don't be feared folks....it's only a harmless, wee (umm) Highland cow

ewen said:

It should of been the decimal kangaroo. i think more kids would have enjoyed mathematics more if it was something a bit more fun.

kangaroo.gif
3 + 5
kangaroo.gif
2 = 17
kangaroo.gif

:lmao: Make. It. Stop. No more wild animals in the bar! We're still cleaning up after those damned Ewes!

** Takes a break to check the countdown until my wedding day **

Hey! It's only 100
kangaroo.gif
417 days until my wedding day :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom