The Octagon Bar: Octagoner Bobbleheads - Collect Them All

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Give'r! :wink:

Welcome weary travelers!

We've been kicked around the corner, we've been known by different names but it's time to reopen the Octagon Bar!

...Stop in for a coffee or tea in the morning, bring your newspaper and sit in our soft leather couches. For lunch, come in and have a cocktail. Your boss will never know. When work is over, stop in for Happy Hour; you can be assured that your presence will not go unnoticed. Late nights are the best and the most wicked; the patrons are a frisky lot, but always friendly.

The Octagon Bar is located on the first floor of the Clarence Hotel in Dublin, Ireland. U2 are part owners of this magnificent watering hole and we seek to reproduce the camaraderie of a pub, complete with bar fights, dancing girls, and moderators who shut us down when the noise or the post count gets too high.

May I suggest that you order a drink, ask one of the lovelies or one of the gents for a , or perhaps you want to play a song on the jukebox. Share pictures of your kids and yourselves. Don’t be shy--by morning we’ll forget your face anyway.

This is a patron-run bar, so if the bartender is asleep in the back, or cuddled up on the couch with one of the patrons, go and pour a drink for your mate. The drink selection is only limited by your imagination. So dream out loud!

--Tim (starsforu2)

*runs back in*

*makes out again*

*takes another shot*

*grabs a blanket*

*makes out yet again*

*runs into back room*

:wave:

:laugh: BS! :hug:

Yes, yet another bewdiful day (though it was freakin freezin this morning. Well for West Oz it was cold).

You're not up writing another mammoth essay are you?

here are the Philly Octagon Bobbleheads again, as I posted in the last bar incase anyone missed it.

bobbleheads

:laugh: Close, no, it was only 10 degrees C this morning rising to about 21 but my office which is upstairs in my house is a cosy 30 (which means I have to put on my jumper and boots to go downstairs to the loo:shrug: :lmao: )

So, what are the plans for the summer?:wink:

:lol: :wave: Hi Ewen (niiiiiiccccceee photo:wink: ) Great, what about you? Still off the ciggies? Looks like you had a fun time in Philly. Did the concert live up to your expectations?

Hey Disco:wave: Is that degrees C or F?

Hi Tania. Yes, I have been off the cigarettes since February 14th, so guess that's 3 months now.

Although I was bunged up with a cold and had bad toothache, the concert was great and a special moment as it was the first with Pax. I'm expecting the GAs I bought through u2.com for Glasgow any time soon :hyper:. Really, really, really hoping they throw in a Perth date for you if/when they go downunder. :hug:

Last edited:
:wave: Night BS!:hug:

Congratulations on the milestone, Ewen. I would love to think that they could drop in to sunny Perth but likelihood is not. No matter, will just auction off the dog on Ebay and jump on a plane and hobo it in Sydney or something:laugh:

night BS

thanks Tania, I'm pretty pleased with myself about it. came back to Scotland and one of my friends has decided to quit too. :up:

Well, glad to see that I have been able to empty the bar singlehandedly.

*I'm sure I put deoderant on this morning.:lol: *

Catch you all later.:wink:

:: sees Ewen's new location ::

:: melts ::

:heart:

:: grabs a baby Guinness shot, dashes out to get ready for doctor's appointment :: :yuck:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom