The Octagon Bar: Octagoner Bobbleheads - Collect Them All

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Merc said:

Good thing that you made a change before it was too late! :yes:

I always thought it would be (too) hard to leave school, get a job and then have to go back to school afterwards :huh: ... but I just recently found out that I have to do it in a couple of years if I want a certain masters! :shrug:

And I really, really want that! :reject:

it wasn't easy making a decision to go back to a full-time education as a mature student (lol, 'mature', aye 'right, whatever!). Especially uprooting myself and moving 200 miles away to the city. Once I was there though, I settled into it and it was great. i had been nervous that the people i'd be at Uni with would be all fresh out of high school and worse...real computer nerds. I had huge nerves that I'd made a terrible decission - wasn't nervous about the actual course, I was nervous that I wouldn't fit in socially. It was great though, half the class were actually my age (some were older, a lot older).

It would be nice to go back and do a Masters but I can't see that happening. It would be for the wrong reasons - simply for the sake of doing it and being a student again as, unlike yourself, I don't have a course that I have my heart set on.

*walks in covered in rain and shakes off in the doorway*

Poor dorthe :hug: I cant imagine that happening to me....but in order for that to happen both mine and Tim's iPods, plus the laptop and the computer would all have to crash so I dont see it happening.

:sigh:
Im bored and have no motivation to get up and do anything interesting.
I just went grocery shopping for burrito ingredients and put air in the car tires :wink:
Maybe I should just go to sleep :shrug:

*walks in, slowly*

This is my first time in the bar...how is everyone? I hope I don't seem out of the ordinary... ;)

*Sits down on a bar stool, sipping a bottle of Zima while wearing a bright pink "Bud Bowl '98" cap and a white cape.*

Just waiting to see you...
Can you see me?
-Genesis, Behind The Lines

PopMartian33107 said:
*walks in, slowly*

This is my first time in the bar...how is everyone? I hope I don't seem out of the ordinary... ;)

*Sits down on a bar stool, sipping a bottle of Zima while wearing a bright pink "Bud Bowl '98" cap and a white cape.*

:wave:

*Pokes him*
Yep, hes alright
But the zima has to go
*Sticks a rum and coke in his hand*
House special :D

u2bonogirl said:
some people started their carreers before going to school to become what they want...Im getting married first :wink:
Tim gets to come home to a 19 year old college student wife. Isnt that a fantasy for some guys? :scratch:

:combust: This is better than any fantasy I ever had! :yes:

I told you that you're everything I've ever wanted and a whole bunch of things I forgot to ask for :sexywink:

** Notices the new dude on the barstool wearing a cape **

Welcome! :wave:

** Pours another Zima for the new customer **

Mind if I ask why you're wearing pink and a cape? Did you watch the Incredibles recently?

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Tara, you almost made me spit out my water at the mention of David Hasselhoff. :no: :lol:

:mac:
Well he hadnt been mentioned in a while and I just thought :hmm: who would be a good scapegoat
*drags out the cardboard cutout*
K folks, do what you like :shrug:

*gives Tim a huge hug*
Did I tell you lately that i love you? :flirt:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Aw, Merc. :hug:

u2bonogirl said:
Poor dorthe :hug: I cant imagine that happening to me....but in order for that to happen both mine and Tim's iPods, plus the laptop and the computer would all have to crash so I dont see it happening.

Thanks for the :hug:s girls! :hug:

... but somehow it fixed itself - it ran out of power and now it's working again (it's in the dock)! :confused: Technics!!! :rolleyes:

No new iPod for me, but I don't care - I'm very satisfied with the (old-school) one I've got! :D When it's working, that is! :wink:

ewen said:
it wasn't easy making a decision to go back to a full-time education as a mature student (lol, 'mature', aye 'right, whatever!). Especially uprooting myself and moving 200 miles away to the city. Once I was there though, I settled into it and it was great. i had been nervous that the people i'd be at Uni with would be all fresh out of high school and worse...real computer nerds. I had huge nerves that I'd made a terrible decission - wasn't nervous about the actual course, I was nervous that I wouldn't fit in socially. It was great though, half the class were actually my age (some were older, a lot older).

It would be nice to go back and do a Masters but I can't see that happening. It would be for the wrong reasons - simply for the sake of doing it and being a student again as, unlike yourself, I don't have a course that I have my heart set on.

I'm actually looking at two different degrees right now :reject:, that I think sounds extremely interesting, and I could see myself doing both - but I think it's more likely that I'm only doing one and not the other... or...I dunno! :huh:

But I'm having the opposite "problem" of you - I'm seen as very young in educational terms in this country (Denmark)... and my age could be against me, if I apply for a job right after finishing Uni next summer.
So I'd like to study some more - get some more expert knowledge... and get a little wiser! :wink:

We'll see what happens! :D

Last edited:
dorthe: The bar brain :yes:
I wish I was as smart and excited about learning as you are!

I want to be a teacher (if the whole rockstar/ bono's personal assistant thing doesnt work out)
But Im going to be the laziest student ever :rolleyes:

starsforu2 said:

:reject: I just served him one. I just figured with the cape and the pink hat, he might just be a little *whispers* ARTY :shrug:

You could say that...you could also say that the Zima's have been getting to me! :D Bud Bowl 98 was a classic, too. *Has the entire history of Bud Bowl memorized.*

Thanks for the beverages, though, folks!

*Drinks his second Zima and the Rum and Coke at the same time*

Yummy! Thanks, guys! :wave:

u2bonogirl said:
dorthe: The bar brain :yes:
I wish I was as smart and excited about learning as you are!

I'm most deffinately not The bar brain... I just like to study, thats all... :reject:

If I meet Bono this summer I'm going to say to him: "You say 'Live Aid' ruined your life - Well, you ruined mine! :wink:"

I was going to lead a nice, quiet life. Have a good job in a pharmaceutical company, do a little research... and the HE startes with his "continent on fire", "standing around with watering cans" :blahblah:

:rolleyes: :lol:

u2bonogirl said:
I want to be a teacher (if the whole rockstar/ bono's personal assistant thing doesnt work out)
But Im going to be the laziest student ever :rolleyes:

Teachers! :bow:

If you ever get the job as p.a. for Bono... don't forget your fellow plebans, aye? :sexywink:

:lol: If I get that PA job I'll be sure to let him know how miserable he's made you.
Hell if I get that PA job I'll throw a PLEBA party in my office or whatever I get..bono's dressing room :whistle: :wink:
My dad is threatening to try and get a job working the Edun line. He's in fashion so it would be an easy transition :laugh:
I'll be sure to post pics of me wearing his G&G shades at the wedding reception :cute:

Big changes in store for the 'Goners... :hmm:

:: makes self a hot chocolate with Bailey's, retreats to hammock ::

I had a Bailey's milkshake at the Haagen-Dazs on South Street in Philly last weekend... :drool:

u2bonogirl said:
:lol: If I get that PA job I'll be sure to let him know how miserable he's made you

If I get to travel to Africa with him I'll be sure to let him know that he needs a new PA! :wink:

u2bonogirl said:
Hell if I get that PA job I'll throw a PLEBA party in my office or whatever I get..bono's dressing room :whistle: :wink:
My dad is threatening to try and get a job working the Edun line. He's in fashion so it would be an easy transition :laugh:
I'll be sure to post pics of me wearing his G&G shades at the wedding reception :cute:

:ohmy: Plaba-party in Bono's dressing room - now that sounds :evil: *ahem*... fun! :angel:

I'd bet your dad looks really :cool:!!! What more could you ask for on your wedding day, than your dad in Bono shades? :giggle:

Well, a certain someone as wedding singer, of course, but... :wink:

Merc said:

:ohmy: Plaba-party in Bono's dressing room - now that sounds :evil: *ahem*... fun! :angel:

I'd bet your dad looks really :cool:!!! What more could you ask for on your wedding day, than your dad in Bono shades? :giggle:

Well, a certain someone as wedding singer, of course, but... :wink:

:shrug: Tim tells me U2 is booked
My dad bought the shades off the link on interference :laugh: He says they will hide his tears during the wedding.

Hmmmm, bachelorette party with Bono...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom