The Octagon Bar: Not to Be Confused with That Other Octagon Bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
generally I don't have much problems on eBay, according to my stats I've had over 400 transactions and I'd say 99% of them have all been positive. Had the occassional less-than-advertised-condition lp and had a problem buying my printer - asked the seller if it came with ink, he said yes so bought it, when it arrived it didn't have ink....which meant it cost me more than if i had bought it elsewhere. Apart from that, and this "made in singapore" CD, I've found some great U2 bargains.

Last edited:
That's good that you have had such a positive result. I guess I have just been a little lazy in giving the old ebay a go.

Being the only U2 fan most of my friends and family know has really helped my collection.

I heard you had a win, congratulations!

I entered a U2.com competition when one of the "Best ofs" came out and won a U2 helmet in a U2 stamped wooded box, and a box with all of the singles on vinyl and a collectors CD of album. It was soooo cool because it came in this big box with Island stickers all over. Still have the lot! Haven't even thrown out the invoice that came with it!!!!

wow, superb! that helmet & box is an extremely collectable piece of U2 memorabilia if you don't know already. I met a record dealer at a recent cd/record fair - he had that helmet and box too. he gave me his email addy to get in touch about buying it off him but never got back to me. i'm going to another fair next month and hoping he's there. the best of 80 to 90 box of vinyl and CDs is also worth a bit too. goes for well over £200 on eBay. not suggesting that you part with it of course! it'll be more valuable than that to you. wow, what fantastic prizes. well, i've got my U2 mug! lol.

Not that I would give up anything in my collection but a U2 mug is seriously cool. It's not really practical to wear the helmet:laugh:

I was actually amazed that it got in the country as it had all these wood shavings around it as packaging and Australia has pretty strict quarantine laws.

One of the girls on WIRE apparently destroyed her box in the excitment of opening it and was pretty cut up for ages afterwards.

sorry, had to give my flat a quick tidy before my client arrives.

it's a pretty cool mug too...it's dark and when you pour in your tea it displays the red HTDAAB artwork. i better stop using it because apparently only a few were made....but the novelty has yet to wear off. what's that phrase about small minds and small things? lol

euch, i bet indeed that girl was cut up about it, done that a few times with things and realised afterwards....doh!

a friend once took a box of weetabix to Australia with him and he had it confiscated by customs. i thought that was amusing.

I went over to ebay to check out the stuff....

That's why interference is good, everybody understands the :hyper: about anything U2.

I just about spat my beer over my laptop....

Weetbix! My Mum threatened to sit down and eat a whole tin of Lyles Golden Syrup if she wasn't allowed to bring it in. I think the customs guys were a bit scared of this mad little Irish woman, so they waved her through. We were all pleased as well, Aussie syrup is :barf:

mmm...weetabix drizzled in Lyles golden syrup! :drool:

must try that sometime.

hey guys...
ewen - you got a U2 mug??? those things are worth a bit - one of the promo items from the new album, check out u2wanderer.org for more about it. you should try not to use it.....
i'm jealous of all of you who win loads of cool stuff - i won some stuff off a south african radio station once for answering a question right. the prize was 6 U2 albums... all of which i opbviously had already!
still, managed to replace my scratched ones i guess and i gave afew to my sister. i wanna win something rare and cool though!

as for ebay - i'm a big fan! i get all my u2 stuff off ebay pretty much and, with the exception of my very first transaction and an argument with one guy i had over payment but finally got sorted, i havent really had any probs with it (touch wood)

Last edited:
Hey Digs:wave:

Yes, I have been checking out ebay and I think I might have to spend a few dollars.....

i sell a lot of U2 stuff on eBay too but i'm not going to mention my username or anything, don't worry. i'm hooked on eBay.

yeah i did see the mug on u2wanderer, i've put it back in it's polybag and sytrene box :( it was fun while it lasted. lol

I just went over to u2wanderer and saw the flight case for the launch of Rattle and Hum.

Me want, me want, me want....

ah - dont put it away... you wanna put it somewhere where everyone can see it (and where you can still play ith it every now and then :wink:)
you can pm me your username if you like - i'd like to see what you've got to sell...

HEY PAX!!!! :wave:

my ultimate u2... u2 play pac with the first 4 singles in ALL the different colours - i want one in black and yellow and orange and white
and brown!
and i want a purple AIWIY toooooo

ouch, that purple AIWIY will cost you a small fortune.

the Rattle and Hum flight case Tania will cost you a few bucks too.

i'll get moaned at here for mentioning trading on eBay so I best not. anyway, i don't have any listings on there at the moment. change the subject please! lol

oh well - email me if you ever do put anything on...

and on that note consider the subject changed!

what concerts you planning on going to this year ewen?

hola y'all! :wave:

no school today because of snow! :D:hyper::applaud: and there are three more snow storms coming but the meterologists have NO CLUE about what they're going to dump on us.

the important thing is i have exams next week...and if it snows enough....and gets us out of school long enough....exams will be cancelled! :hyper:

so cross your fingers for me :wink:

lol, if it's a serious question, rather than a diversion from the eBay conversation, I am definately going to see them in Ireland this time. Shame on me living only an hour's flight away and never going to see them before in Ireland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom