The Octagon Bar: No Hasselhoffs Allowed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ewen said:
nothing wrong with some bushyness though.

No no, absolutely not.

You just don't want the place to be a rainforest where it gets to the point of being very difficult to find the proper place for the tent to go.

Sometimes a little foliage can be quite scenic. :)

Last edited:
DaveC said:

No no, absolutely not.

You just don't want the place to be a rainforest where it gets to the point of being very difficult to find the proper place for the tent to go.

the Amazon is a very popular tourist destination....you don't get much more bushier. i'd prefer that than camping out in the sahara.

paxetaurora said:
Yes, but someone who's experienced at pitching tents will find the proper place.

Oh of course, it can always be found, it may just take a bit of searching.

Absolute worst case scenario, you can take a machete or other cutting implement to help you find the perfect place. :up:

ewen said:

the Amazon is a very popular tourist destination....you don't get much more bushier. i'd prefer that than camping out in the sahara.

I'm more of a savanna man, myself. Very picturesque.

paxetaurora said:

Well that would be a last resort of course, and only in dire situations. I'm not necessarily condoning this sort of activity. Clear-cutting is certainly not a great thing. As well, foliage helps anchor the ground and provide somewhat of a determination of how often tents are pitched on that ground. But that is just a generalization.

Last edited:
DaveC said:

Oh of course, it can always be found, it may just take a bit of searching.

Absolute worst case scenario, you can take a machete or other cutting implement to help you find the perfect place. :up:

you don't want to spoil the natural beauty. if it's not for you just walk away without causing any harm to the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom