The Octagon Bar: New Beginnings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2democrat said:
Pardon my ignorance...but no
Hillarious episode of the British comedy where Basil Faulty who runs a hotel gets a concussion while there are some German tourists in there and makes consistently funny references to the war out of turn while insisting that nobody "mentions the war". It is a really, really, really funny show.

U2democrat said:
Oh exciting! Anything in particular you're looking for?
The same old, supermarket work; it pays reasonably enough, I already did two years of it in high school and I can get the shifts to work around my uni commitments.

Basil then proceeds to mention the war at every opportunity, upsetting the German guests more and more as he rapidly descends into a fit of xenophobic ranting about everything and everyone that most Germans would rather forget.

When the fed up German asks Basil to stop going on about the war, Basil kindly reminds him that they started it. “We did not start it,” protests the German. “Yes you did, you invaded Poland”, replies Basil!

Yeah; I just had to feed a cat.

My cat was on deaths door not three days ago, wouldn't eat, vomited when he did, skin and bones and would meow in pain like mad if touched. Took him to the vet, and now he is on a course of anti-biotics, is eating; I have to go to the butchers to buy him real meat to get his weight back up, and I have to give him antibiotics twice a day. Lucky cat.

I want to learn ASL but my college doesn't offer it. I sort of compromised on the liberal arts portion of my education when I decided to go to a school of primarily science and engineering, so instead of minoring in poly sci I'm minoring in comp sci (although comp sci is a respectable field and I am good at it) but I guess for my humanities course selection I will go with Introduction to Macroeconomics. In all honesty, I sort of think learning politics in the classroom would be constricting (no matter how fun) anyways...

Awwwwww :hug: That is a lucky cat. My cat has just the opposite problem, she needs to lose weight otherwise she'll get feline diabetes. When we adopted her she was but skin and bones, and we thing she refuses to ever go hungry again which is why she eats so much.

Funny story-the other night my dad put a little bit of tuna on a plate for her. She sniffed it and looked back up at him as if she were expecting something else. So he put a little ranch dressing on her plate next to the tuna. She lapped that up, and walked away leaving the tuna :lol:

Post exam party; complete with a three course meal, fine wine, premium beer, spirits, trivial pursuit, a five hour music playlist and DVD's,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom