The Octagon Bar: Kilts No Longer Optional

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some of my Greek books and a few dictionaries of biology and geology + Stephen Jay Gould essays.

Attachments

• row4.jpg
    row4.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 46
LOL, I cant get enough of that stuff - since I got back I have spent waay too much time online, this BC addiction is dangerous, tomorrow I think I will get up early and start running again.

A_Wanderer said:
Well u2dem heres a picture of my bookcase, I just arranged it. This is row III = politics, literature and philosophy theres also a few miscelaneous books in there for some reason.

I noticed that you have Spycatcher, that book was a BIG deal when it came out, especially since it was written by an ex-British intelligence officer, if I remember correctly. I think my Dad bought that for my Uncle who is English by birth. It came out in 1988 maybe? :scratch: reaching into my memory. Ow! That hurts :yikes:

Merc said:
**Enters the bar and walks up to the desk to make a cup of the infamous morning tea...**

:|

**Puts a handful of cash on the desk, paying for a bottle of Jameson...**

Hope this place accepts Danish cash... :shrug:

**Goes over and lies down on the couch - puts this song on repeat, playing it over... and over... and over... and over...**

Sometimes I feel I'm gonna break down and cry
Nowhere to go, nothing to do with my time
I get lonely, so lonely, living on my own.

Sometimes I feel I'm always walking too fast
And everything is coming down on me, down on me, I go crazy
Oh so crazy - living on my own.

Dee do de de, dee do de de
I don't have no time for no monkeybusiness
I get so lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, yeah
Got to be some good times ahead

Sometimes I feel nobody gives me no warning
Find my head is always up in the clouds in a dreamworld
It's not easy - living on my own, my own, my own

I don't have no time for no monkeybusiness
I get so lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, yeah
Got to be some good times ahead

:tsk:

** Hears depressing music on repeat :| **

This can't be healthy :no:

Dorthe :hug: What's wrong? Why so blue? :sad:

The next bottle of Jamesons is free! :cute:

Let us know if we can help out :yes:

I'll be on the couch over here, working away on the laptop

:yes:

I got the Live Aid DVD two days ago and I think I've watched The Leap about 15 times....It just catches my breath. I don't know how Bono could have either thought he'd blown it by doing that...it's beautiful.

Last edited:
Hmmm, okay....

I was having a <<....whispers this bit....>>> party which had to be stopped to so I could watch U2 (oh the power of being the party girl).:laugh:

Edits to make more sense

Last edited:
I'm back again. I have a test coming up in a couple periods that i should be studying for, but i figure i still fail when i study for that class so what's the point in trying?

:Takes a step back:

*Woah, I have a feeling I'm not in the same bar anymore...*

Did we remodel?

:Stares mischievously at a pole that stands firmly in the middle of the room and thinks....:hmm: Should I?

Looks around and sensing that no one is watching, she walks towards the jukebox and hits it with her thigh....Pink Floyd's "Young Lust" comes on loud and clear.

Bolting towards the pole, she twirls around it like her hair twirls around her fingers. Gone, she dances like it's her last night (or day) on earth.

After the song ends, she walks towards the bar counter and orders an apple martini--shaken not stirred. It's that kind of day.

:sexywink:

angel_of_L.A. said:
:Takes a step back:

*Woah, I have a feeling I'm not in the same bar anymore...*

Did we remodel?

:Stares mischievously at a pole that stands firmly in the middle of the room and thinks....:hmm: Should I?

Looks around and sensing that no one is watching, she walks towards the jukebox and hits it with her thigh....Pink Floyd's "Young Lust" comes on loud and clear.

Bolting towards the pole, she twirls around it like her hair twirls around her fingers. Gone, she dances like it's her last night (or day) on earth.

After the song ends, she walks towards the bar counter and orders an apple martini--shaken not stirred. It's that kind of day.

:sexywink:

** Pours 1 part Vodka, 1 part Sour Apple schnapps and 1 part Apple juice into a shaker. And gives it a vigorous shake **

It's either a fireman's pole, or a stripper pole. :hmm: We should probably blast a hole in the roof and allow Santa Claus to slide down it instead of using the Chimney.

** Strains the Appletini into martini glass and adds a thin slice of green apple. **

:scratch: Why would Tara want a stripper's pole anyway? Does that mean I get *ahem* have to install one in my basement?

:no: Whoa, need to get back to reality. :ohmy: What's happening Angel?

hi folks

:wave:

when did the bar turn into a library??? :|

* gets a beer from the bar and heads straight to Babylon for a smoke *

starsforu2 said:

Whoa, need to get back to reality. :ohmy: What's happening Angel?

:laugh: I was just asking myself this same question. I figured a pole in the middle of the room can either mean one of several things--it's a dancing pole, a stripping pole, a firefighter pole, or a Santa pole.

I didn't see any hot firemen or other hot men in uniform inside the bar. I also didn't see Santa drinking. Although, after all his Christmas travel, one would figure that the man needs a drink!

I guess that's why I thought it was a dancing pole. Plus, I didn't want to take off my clothes in public (not that I've ever done that or anything :mac:)....

My oh my, I just had a scary thought...
What if it's a kilt-wearing dancing pole! Would we really want to see men do that?

:ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom