The Octagon Bar: insomnia before the sale? Come on in...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah that'll be when I'm probably coming in too....we'll all have to figure something out. Cabs will be really expensive :reject:

Because I doubt highly that, unless my parents chip in as a birthday gift, I'll be able to afford a hotel room for 3 nights.

we can cram in a room; it won't be much. or if you really cannot afford it at all, I'm sure we will all work something out to help you out.

I keep pulling up seats...$165 100s...a couple 200s and $50 300s... I'd get a 100 if I could afford it, and I'm not going to pay 50 for a super nosebleed... Hence---> :crack:

If I stopped pulling up seats I'd quit...but since I do...:sigh: I'm losing it

:lol:

http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/minisite/default.asp?HotelID=805

Based on that site, a room at double occupancy (if someone's willing to share a room with me, that is) is $78.99 a night, which translates into $236.97. Divided by 2 that is $118.49 each.

That might be a bit out of my range. I'll have to speak to my parents and see if they'd be willing to chip in as part of a birthday gift.

starsgoblue said:
I keep pulling up seats...$165 100s...a couple 200s and $50 300s... I'd get a 100 if I could afford it, and I'm not going to pay 50 for a super nosebleed... Hence---> :crack:

If I stopped pulling up seats I'd quit...but since I do...:sigh: I'm losing it

:lol:

Where are you trying for?

ok, maybe we won't be staying there. that is way too much. it will be divided by more than 2 though; I can promise you that!

lauren430 said:
ok, maybe we won't be staying there. that is way too much. it will be divided by more than 2 though; I can promise you that!

Exactly. Especially considering that all the rooms are only 1 bed or 2 twin beds. So basically 2 adults max.

We should look for somewhere near the Wachovia that can be split 4 ways per room.

OK, I'm trying to figure out the hotel situation and I think I may have found what we're looking for.

Do we have a ballpark figure of how many rooms we'll need? We can fit 4 people into a room if we need to, the rooms come with 2 double beds.

I can sleep on the floor :shrug:

I have been on trips where we've crammed 8+ people in a room....

I'm perfectly willing to sleep on a floor.

But I have no clue as to how many people are actually coming...6? 8? 12?

I'm trying to get us a quote for the Marriott Airport Hotel apparently it's connected by skyway directly to the terminal. :)

OK, I've based this on 2 rooms, and we'll cram as many people in as we can fit.

The quote I have is for the Marriott Philadelphia Airport Hotel, which is connected to the airport. Standard room rate is $99.00 per night. I've said 3 nights, because I'm leaving on the 16th and I figure there might be some who will be leaving that night as well. It's very possible that if there are those leaving the 15th that we'll only need one room on the night of the 16th.

Anyways, it's $99 per room per night. There's an 8% tax so one night for both rooms comes to $213.84 ($106.92/room). Now if we get them for 3 nights that comes to $641.52 for both rooms for the whole weekend. Now let's say we have 8 people. That makes it $80.19 per person for the entire weekend.

Sound good? :shrug:

Diane L said:

Great minds think alike! I was trying for one of those too.

*looks around* Oh, by the way, I'm new here. I hope it's okay I'm here...

Can I please have a Cosmopolitan? Thank you!
of course you're welcome here
its a bar dontcha know?
*slides a cosmo down the bar counter*

:drool: would I ever like GA on his b day.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom