The Octagon Bar - hitch, ditch or glitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ewen

Rock n' Roll Doggie
well...

giv'r, as the Dave would say.

Last edited:
slow weekend for the bar

*walks in from dinner*

*grabs a vodka on the rocks*

tumbleweeds_old_house.jpg

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

It's raining. AGAIN.

Please, no singing Supertramp in the bar.

so :hyper: like the title of the bar? :hyper:

:|

what do you mean "no"?

:tsk:

:wink:

Jules I LOVE your new sig! :lmao:

We were cracking up over the blog at work the other day, lol.

*pours giant cup of coffee*

It's raining. AGAIN.

:giggle: Thanks. I wanted something different. There ya go!

Each week I'm gonna put a different quote in. TC is :coocoo:

I love the title of this thread. :D

Afternoon, Ewen! :wave: I read the end of the last bar... Are there all sort of munchins (and adults) in wizards hats lined up by you for Harry Potter today? :yikes: I still need to read the last book. :reject:

I like the title! :up:

Anyway, I should be going now. I just woke up and have a ton of crap to do today. I think I'm getting a new chair for my living room. :lock: (<---used because I like it better than :dance: )

Ciao! :D

Morning all. :)

Anyone else have a fantastic night last night? Drinks/dinner with a seemingly bottomless glass of wine (I swear I'd look away and the waiters would refill it...)/cigars and port at a swanky San Francisco restaurant with a bunch of friends from work left me a happy guy. :drunk: And I looked damn good, if I may say so myself. :sexywink:

Hehe, it was a good (and much needed) night. And I managed to escape with only a mild hangover. :up:

Yes, April, I finally got drunk again. :rockon: :D

Afternoon, Ewen! :wave: I read the end of the last bar... Are there all sort of munchins (and adults) in wizards hats lined up by you for Harry Potter today? :yikes: I still need to read the last book. :reject:

Didn't see any pointy hats. I found out today that the author J K Rowling, who's from here, was giving a reading at Edinburgh Castle last night, so hence all the hysteria, the thousands of people, press etc. I was walking home from IKEA, wanted to pop into St Giles Cathedral which is near to the Castle but couldn't because of the stuff going on. so i just headed off home.

side note: I think IKEA should have emergency exits for men who hate shopping....that place is huge, seemingly never-ending and you can't seem to go back on yourself without getting pushed along with your fellow shoppers. If you go past something you like, grab it quick or forget about it!

[insert my guiness drinking smiley here - that i can't be bothered fetching right now]

mmm, Guinness. Think I'll actually go and get one for real, I have a few in the fridge. How's your Guinness supply Rebekah?

Diemen said:

Yes, April, I finally got drunk again. :rockon: :D

Sounds like a fantastic night! :drunk:

I had sushi with my best friend, then we went to the bookstore for a bit before having some gelato and calling it a night. :up:

side note: I think IKEA should have emergency exits for men who hate shopping....that place is huge, seemingly never-ending and you can't seem to go back on yourself without getting pushed along with your fellow shoppers. If you go past something you like, grab it quick or forget about it!

I think men wished ALL stores had exits like that, lol. :laugh:

I just bought some Guinness today. :drool:

ewen said:

Indeed, me and my male friends even have a term for this disorder it´s called "The IKEA anxiety attack"

:)

starsgoblue said:
There's a way to fix that phone....

1. Lay it on a table
2. Pick up hammer
3. Use all your strength to smack it
4. Repeat step 3 until you feel better

:lol:

And to answer your question, some people don't even need an excuse to piss other people off. They just do it. :mad:

Rebekah, I offer you a hammer and a huge ass Guinness. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom