The Octagon Bar - hitch, ditch or glitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ewen said:
side note: I think IKEA should have emergency exits for men who hate shopping....that place is huge, seemingly never-ending and you can't seem to go back on yourself without getting pushed along with your fellow shoppers. If you go past something you like, grab it quick or forget about it!

That's entirely your mistake for shopping at IKEA on a weekend. :D If it is a weekend then any and every IKEA store is practically guaranteed to be packed. Tues-Wed are usually the best days if you want to skip the crowds.

Although there are (sort of) secret shortcuts that can take you back or let you cut ahead of the main flow if you want. It's just hard to spot them when you're getting pushed along with the masses. ;)

hi folks :wave:

Diemen said:

That's entirely your mistake for shopping at IKEA on a weekend. :D If it is a weekend then any and every IKEA store is practically guaranteed to be packed. Tues-Wed are usually the best days if you want to skip the crowds.

Although there are (sort of) secret shortcuts that can take you back or let you cut ahead of the main flow if you want. It's just hard to spot them when you're getting pushed along with the masses. ;)

:huh:

You're tellin' me it's worse at the weekend!? boy! i went on a Friday. I did manage to suss out those 'shortcuts' and managed also to grab what I came for. Judging by the hysteria and excitement at the checkouts, I reckon that most people go just for the Swedish meatballs.

Talking of Swedish meatballs, I wonder if Merc has met Lemonboy yet! :wink:

hello

oh, i'm not sure if it's this weekend, it's definately soon though.

how did the speed-dating night go for you and your friend?

that's something not been done in the Octagon bar before...speed dating. or maybe it has?

glad you had a fun night, sounds a bit different from the usual. i've always thought about going to bingo for something away from the norm. i can imagine Pax laughing at the sight of me playing bingo!

I am once again bringing U2 up in the bar, but holy shit! If you haven't heard it yet, go to the tour audio/video forum and download Miss Sarajevo from Amsterdam 3. Now. No, not later. NOW! Full band, Bono sings the Italian and absolutely nails it!

And then after that, download Original of The Species, with Edge on guitar (and their backup keyboardist on piano). The first proper performance. :up:

And now back to your regularly scheduled drinking. :D

Hi popwhore. :wave:

We're getting the new fall stuff in at [place where I work] and some of it is soooo pretty...there's a silk-lined cashmere cardigan I just adore. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom