The Octagon Bar - Having Ourselves A Merry Freaking Christmas...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Merc

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Couldn't find a new bar anywhere! :huh:

So, lets start this one the old school way! :wink:

Welcome weary travelers!

We've been kicked around the corner, we've been known by different names but it's time to reopen the Octagon Bar!

...Stop in for a coffee or tea in the morning, bring your newspaper and sit in our soft leather couches. For lunch, come in and have a cocktail. Your boss will never know. When work is over, stop in for Happy Hour; you can be assured that your presence will not go unnoticed. Late nights are the best and the most wicked; the patrons are a frisky lot, but always friendly.

The Octagon Bar is located on the first floor of the Clarence Hotel in Dublin, Ireland. U2 are part owners of this magnificent watering hole and we seek to reproduce the camaraderie of a pub, complete with bar fights, dancing girls, and moderators who shut us down when the noise or the post count gets too high.

May I suggest that you order a drink, ask one of the lovelies or one of the gents for a , or perhaps you want to play a song on the jukebox. Share pictures of your kids and yourselves. Don’t be shy--by morning we’ll forget your face anyway.

This is a patron-run bar, so if the bartender is asleep in the back, or cuddled up on the couch with one of the patrons, go and pour a drink for your mate. The drink selection is only limited by your imagination. So dream out loud!

--Tim (starsforu2)

Give'r!

:wave:

Last edited:
** Puts on the Paul McCartney's A Wonderful Christmas Time **

Ding, dong, ding, dong
Ding, dong, ding, dong

The mood is right
The spirits up
Were here tonight
And that's enough
Simply having a wonderful Christmas time

The party's on
The feelings here
It's all because
This time of year

Don't cry poor children, sing this song
Ding, dong, ding, dong,
Ding, dong, ding.

The word is out
About the town
So lift your glass
And don't look down

The mood is right
The spirits up
Were here tonight
And that's enough

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Oh dear.... Paul McCartney! :lol:

Mr. Big has been Mr. Wonderful this week... He even offered to split my sandwich with me when the lunch I ordered came and I said I didn't want it because I was still feeling funky from being sick earlier this week (oh yeah, also cause no one told him we were ordering lunch :p ). :scratch:

*fixes herself a nice soothing ginger ale*

My stomach feels like I threw up everything I've ever eaten in my life - 4 days later!

U2democrat said:
:applaud:

How'd they go? It feels so good when you fill in the last bubble of your last final.

What they don't give you essays any more? Just scantron? :wink:

They're filling your heads full of mush, I tell you. Mush!

-----

That was my old guy voice, hehe -- return to your regular scheduled program, I'm just killing time on a Friday afternoon.

starsforu2 said:

What they don't give you essays any more? Just scantron? :wink:

They're filling your heads full of mush, I tell you. Mush!

-----

That was my old guy voice, hehe -- return to your regular scheduled program, I'm just killing time on a Friday afternoon.

You sound like the University of Richmond president...
"They come with mush for brains and they leave with mush for brains"

Boy is he in biiiiiiiiig trouble.

I have a yankee swap on Monday at work. I have to buy for a ton of people. Some people will have to wait until after Christmas. I have to do my shopping tonight. :crack:

2 radio stations around here play Xmas tunes ALLL DAY LONG! :angry:

Christmas shopping in december is HELL:yuck: Traffic is horrible too Holiday Traffic:| ....

I think listening to Christmas until the 20th is going to be my new rule!

IS THAT REALLY A PAUL MCCARTNEY SONG? I never would have guessed... it's the only Christmas song that REALLY creeps me out. Can't stand listening to it.

WEIRD SONG. :ohmy:

Its cold outside, and my window is open.

Christmas should be all about Christmas Trees.

And fireplaces.

And a brandy.

Merry Christmas Octagon Members :hug:

what a year!

I finally got my u2 near religious experience last Wednesday night and that I was able to share the experience with some fellow interferencers made it so much more special :love:

doing some Chirstmas shopping today to guard against spending all my money going to Portland :(

I'm sending out Christmas blessing to all of you right now

Back
Top Bottom