The octagon bar.....complete with secret rooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say I'm glad Leonardo Dicaprio won, even though I haven't seen the Aviator. He's had a rough time since Titanic and hasn't gotten a nomination in anything since what's eating gilbert grape. He deserves it.

The trick is to make up jokes on the spot that are technical and relate to very specific aspects of certain things.

Like if I wanted to call somebody stupid the old: your brain could fit inside the s shell of a hydrogen atom would do quite nicely, of course this would indicate a subatomic brain and that in itself defies the laws of physics in the universe.

U2democrat said:
**glances over at A**

no ewen i've only seen bits and pieces of that movie. george lazenby made me cringe too much. :yikes:

Sorry, just wanted to go back on this briefly.

interesting, the reason i asked was because it is considered by many Bond fans to be one of the best James Bond movies ever. Having seen them all, bar Die Another Day, it too is a favourite of mine. Lazenby was not fired for being a bad Bond, in fact he wasn't a bad Bond, he actually walked away from the part because of ego. The reason I mention this is because many people slate Lazenby without ever having seen that film. Lazenby was probably the worst Bond out of the five but wasn't crap. anyway...

* Goes to bar, orders another whisky, has a little dance on the pole and sits down *

Hmm, random quotes from Buffy.
Jonathan: Where are we going?
Warren: To Final Jeopardy... where Buffy's the one in jeopardy.
Andrew: We're really super-villians now! Like Dr. No.
Warren: Back when Bond was Connery and movies were decent.
Jonathan: Who remembers Connery? I mean, Roger Moore was smooth!
Warren: You're insane. You're short and you're insane.
Andrew: I like Timothy Dalton. Hey!
Warren: Don't make me pull over, o.k.?
Warren: Connery _is_ Bond. He had style!
Jonathan: Yeah, but Roger Moore was funny!
Warren: Moonraker? The gondola turns into a hovercraft? It's retarded! Besides, the guy has, like _no_ edge.
Andrew: Timothy Dalton had edge. In License To Kill he was a rogue agent. That's edgy! ...And he was amazing in The Living Daylights.
Jonathan: Yeah, which was written for Roger Moore, not Timothy Dalton!
Warren: This is stupid! We're wasting time. End of discussion..... They had, like shots of _pigeons_ doing _double-takes_ when the gondola blasted by! Moonraker is _inexcusable_!
Warren: Connery is the only actor of the bunch!
Andrew: Timothy Dalton should get an Oscar and beat Sean Connery over the *head* with it!!!
Warren: O.k., that's _it_!

Last edited:
Oh, Octagons, I have to wake early for work in the morning. So I think I'm gonna clear out.

Thanks for the sweet attention, Ewen. :flirt:

'Night! :)

yeah, you have to keep in mind though it's very political.....I mean most of the time, really.

* walks out of the private room, looks around *

hi folks :wave:

starsgoblue said:
The fucktards next door are blasting shitty music.....I'm going to treat them to a loud dose of Vertigo! :madspit:

now, this is the Octagon I remember....wahey!!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom