The Octagon Bar: City of Blinding Brotherly Love!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
Give'r!

Welcome weary travelers!

We've been kicked around the corner, we've been known by different names but it's time to reopen the Octagon Bar!

...Stop in for a coffee or tea in the morning, bring your newspaper and sit in our soft leather couches. For lunch, come in and have a cocktail. Your boss will never know. When work is over, stop in for Happy Hour; you can be assured that your presence will not go unnoticed. Late nights are the best and the most wicked; the patrons are a frisky lot, but always friendly.

The Octagon Bar is located on the first floor of the Clarence Hotel in Dublin, Ireland. U2 are part owners of this magnificent watering hole and we seek to reproduce the camaraderie of a pub, complete with bar fights, dancing girls, and moderators who shut us down when the noise or the post count gets too high.

May I suggest that you order a drink, ask one of the lovelies or one of the gents for a , or perhaps you want to play a song on the jukebox. Share pictures of your kids and yourselves. Don’t be shy--by morning we’ll forget your face anyway.

This is a patron-run bar, so if the bartender is asleep in the back, or cuddled up on the couch with one of the patrons, go and pour a drink for your mate. The drink selection is only limited by your imagination. So dream out loud!

--Tim (starsforu2)

howdy. i'm kind of peeved that i seem to be the only one who interference wasn't working for last night.

lol. i just found out that someone here is trying to intrude my computer. at least that's what Norton is telling me. according to Norton, someone in Troy, NY is trying to invade my computer.

so because i have auto-block on, my computer wouldn't let me come to interference last night. the whole time, i though this place was down.

i don't know what to do with this thing. everytime this invasion gets blocked, i can't access interference. the source is from these forums.

If there's an unscrupulous hacker lurking about, maybe he'll be able to find the source and get rid of the offender.

Completely off topic - I hate red tape/BS/ethical considerations. :mad:

yeah. ethics suck pretty bad. i tend to just do or say what i want, and not worry about ethics, unless i'm at work.

u2bonogirl said:
*sets a hacker trap at the door of the bar and sets it to stun mode*
That way we can beat them up after we catch them :evil:

that would be awesome!

too bad i can't personally hire the Unibomber. he'd come in handy from time to time.:wink:

U2bonogirl heh. Get the bastard!

mikal - I have to make a submission to an ethics committee for research I'm doing using human participants. Pages and pages of nonsense. I'ts not like I'm gonna hurt them.

Much. :evil:

VintagePunk said:
U2bonogirl heh. Get the bastard!

mikal - I have to make a submission to an ethics committee for research I'm doing using human participants. Pages and pages of nonsense. I'ts not like I'm gonna hurt them.

Much. :evil:

you should keep referring to the humans as "mice".

U2democrat said:
*strolls into the bar with a blank look*

i just finished the AP government exam.

:sigh:

it was easy but tedious and long.

*sprawls out on the couch*

ANYTHING has to be better than the new SAT.
I took the old one which wasnt so bad.
Then I took the new one :crack:
It was aaaaaawful. It took so long, and the building was freezing cold so by the time I got out (after having had two 5 minute breaks) I could barely move

I will probably be taking the GREs sometime in the next few months. :yikes:

I was supposed to take them in December of '03, and, um...forgot? Chickened out? Some combination of both, I think. :reject:

Anyway, I'm off to puzzle over my future and eat, and see how my Scottish hobbit is doing. Later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom