The Octagon Bar - ... and now for something completely different!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
~BrightestStar~ said:
I would listen religiously if it meant I'd win a trip to Ireland.

:yes: Oh, the things I wouldn't do for a weekend in Dublin...

**Miss Dublin very much :( **

~BrightestStar~ said:
:hug:
Aww...Did you once live there?

Unfortunately no, I've just had some great times there... :D :dance:

i'm having mixed feelings. i had a really good time last night and this morning after spending the night at my future college, but now my #1 team ever lost an EXTREMELY important game. right now i'm :happy::sad:

:lol: no. we had dinner and dessert with faculty and students, saw a comedian (HILARIOUS) then the students put on a talent show which was also very good, then we went back to the dorms and fell asleep around 2:30, then had to get up at 8:30 to go eat breakfast, did a survival excercise and had the president (of the school) speak. the president is an AMAZING guy. former US representative and ssenator, he has brought the school up from almost nothing to one of the top 5 "hidden gems" of universities. its a public school but it has the atmosphere and environment of a private one. its all about the students, the president even parks in the farthest parking space so he lets the students park closer to the school. :up:

That is one hell of a president!!! :yes:

Sounds like you'll be having a blast when you go to college!!!

Are the dorms nice? How many people to a room? 2?

the dorms are AMAZING...this isn't opinion its fact: they're some of the best in the country. they've only recently been built, and are state of the art. worst case scenario: 2 to a spacious room who share a bathroom with only 2 other people in the next room, furnished with a microwave, freezer/refrigerator unit, and of course beds desks wardrobes etc. the president has raised $350 million dollars for new building, which has included the dorms, a new state of the art library and student center, apartments, and a center for the arts designed by i.m. pei who also designed the lourve (sp.?) in paris......as i said this guy is amazing.

omg you lucky thing!

That is some fine education you'll be having! :up: Must be pretty expensive to go there!

What are you planning to study? Wait let me guess.....political sciences?? :wink:

By the way it's Louvre :wink:

ah thanks for the spelling...i'm a german student so i know nothing of french :wink:

:yes: political science. another nice thing about the school is that even though the buildings are expanding they want to keep the student body between 5000-6,000 because they want the relationship between student and faculty to be a personal one. :up:

lol no problemo!

That's good! Sounds like a nice little community. You're going to love your college more than your own home once you go!

I'd like to stay at the university that I'm going to but then there's no point since I can bus there in 30 min.

You know I'd absolutely love to do an exchang program to Europe when Im' in Uni! It'd be so fun!!

They emphasize studying abroad, and when your in the leadership program (which i am) they actually give you at least $1000 to do so! :hyper:

not to mention with the presidents connections in washington i'll most likely get an internship on capitol hill :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

That's great!!!

After all this you'll be one heck of a politician!! :wink:

So how did you discover your liking for politics?

I think I'm starting to catch what April had. :| Pre-ticket buying stress sickness. I'm really nervous about the Prop sale since I have to wait to the afternoon to try...even though when I tested last Tuesday at that time I was fine. Not nervous about starting my new job on Monday....nope I'm spazzing about tickets.

:crazy:

well my parents have always kept me informed, because they themselves were always interested and involved. in 1996 election day also fell on my 10th birthday, so i decided to invite both friends my age and adults to watch the returns come in and celebrate my birthday. 2000 i would get into arguments more and more about the race, that was when i educated myself on primaries and found it fascinating. the more i learned the more i enjoyed it. i had also met gore and clinton (gore in '92 clinton in '96) so that was interesting too. so then i thought of it as a career, and then we moved here to richmond (i had previously lived in kentucky and tennessee). so now i'm close to DC and seeing the city for the first time absolutely catipulted my drive to live/work there.

Can I get anyone else to nominate me for this radio contest? Please check my journal for details; it won't take but 5 minutes!!! :hug:

And it's my spring break so I hope to be around the Octagon a lot more than the past few weeks!!! :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom