The Octagon Bar aka The Harem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
scared that my window is going to get blown in. there's been non stop gales here for two weeks....crazy weather, i've never known anything like it here.

the end of the world is nigh

* gives pax a warm, wooly throw to wrap in and a bowl of warm water for her feet *

i live in a listed building so i can't replace my windows for double glazing this side of the house.....i know something's gonna come through one of these windows......there are have been some near misses already tonight

if only real life was as magical as this bar! lol thanks all the same

* wanders over to window with invisible plywood and duct tape *

* runs back to the safety of his computer *

i'm ashamed to say I don't like Scottish beer or Scottish whisky

give me a dark rum & coke, JD & coke, a pint of Guinness or a fine real English ale anyday!

although I found a good Scottish ale recently called Stag!

*wanders over to the bar to see if there's any *

We have everything you want here, Ewen.

We made 2 hot tubs and hurricane supplies appear out of nowhere; we can handle a Scottish ale. Or two. Or three. Or four... ;)

a rhetorical question Tara......don't mind me calling you Tara? don't think we've actually been formally introduced.

have a rum and coke on me

paxetaurora said:
It looks like everyone is fetching their own drinks tonight.

:: helps self to a rusty nail ::

a rusty nail? ah, i was wondering what it was you were offering me earlier. I was stood here looking at this weathered nail thinking "what am i do do with this?" i was being too polite. but now that it's a drink....

who told you of this "rusty nail"? never heard of it before in my puff! (scottish expression)

i've got a few great named drinks but i better refrain from naming them here since we have a moderator in our presence! :)

I knew a kid from Scotland several years ago. He was especially fond of rusty nails. And for those of you who don't know, a rusty nail is Scotch and Drambuie (you can replace the Drambuie with triple sec if you want).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom