The Octagon Bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MissVelvetDress_75 said:

Yeah there are a lot of non-natives in these parts. Damn Yankees. ;)

I am one of the rare natives left, which means I do have an accent and I know when and where and how to use it to get what I want. :sexywink:

I wonder if your powers are a little like Superman's. While your in the South, your powers are diminished, but once your in Yankee territory, the world is your oyster. :sexywink:

*Ahem* I'm a Yankee. :shifty: Could you use your powers on me? It's fun being under a spell... for a little while. :huh:

Hello Octagonians! The main man Elvis has put up a poll about whether we should have a chat thread section on the board, instead of inhabiting the Lemonade Stand or other places.

I haven't formed a full opinion about how to vote, or what to suggest, as having a chat thread off in the corner might just doom us to further annonymity.
I think it would be good to think about this and voice your opinions about this and vote. Here is the link:

http://forum.interference.com/t101020.html

Tania said:
<<... Staggers into bar, throws body back on comfy couch and yells for ICE.... >>

How many times do I have to get hit on the fingers before I start wearing a glove? :huh:

Oh well, it was fun, we won and the beers were good afterwards.

An enigma or a stigma?:laugh:

Sand shoe, Stars, for removing that hulking great animal. :wink:

The chain saw would have been fine, I'm pretty good at dissecting and would have kept it tidy...

Don't want those two mad Irish cleaners (you know the ones I'm talking about - one wears a beanie and the other wears sunglasses) complaining about the mess!:laugh:

I am hoping to get a printer/scanner/copier/fax machine thingy soon (any suggestions re brand) and then I will try and find a decent picture to post (could be a while) :D

Are you gonna wait forever, is sublime...

Now, now, now.....

The more I hear about you, the more I get scared. :lol: Dissections, field hockey black nails, goth. Then again, it keeps my attention :sexywink:

** Fills a bucket of ice for Tania and returns to reading the latest edition of the Interference Times **

Hmm, says here:

Incomplete versions of the new album turned up online at the weekend – thanks to the help of fans, many have now come down.

U2 fan sites have been a great help in identifying online pirates distributing dodgy versions of new recordings - keep up the good work!

The real thing - the first new U2 studio album in four years - is just nine days away [11 in North America] and will be well worth the wait.

Does this mean that I will be one of the few who get to listen to the best that the band has to offer without having bloodied my ears with "dodgy" versions. :tongue: If this is true, I want to :applaud: Tara, Dorthe and Digsy for holding out for the "Real Thing" :dance:

hey guys

just sticking my head in to say hi and knock back a tequila!
hope you're all good, ill be back on a more regular basis in a few days - i feel like i'm missing out on loads!!!

tim - i love you for the dvd! really! thank you soooo much! anything you want from here is yours, i soooo owe you big time!
ok.... well not "anything" :flirt: :lol:

starsgoblue - hows the sunday times hunt , my offer still stands if you want it

if you two wanna get hold of me on mail i'm on the btopenworld address for a week, not the framestore one.
would love a mail or two :yes:

see ya soon

digs

:madspit: I missed everybody.
and merc never PMed me back! *rants loudly and notices that all her carcases are gone*
hey, thanks guys! those were really grossing me out.
Ive always wanted a pet rat but unfortunately the people i cohabit a house with would rather i didnt:wink:

hey tania, speaking of black fingers, one time I was playing a softball tournament and i was up to bat. i took a swing at an inside pitch because the umpire was calling EVERYTHING a strike.
and i got a base hit that was really painful because i thought i hit the ball with the bad part of the bat.
well once i got on base and noticed that my fingers hurt really bad i took off my batting glove and saw
I got a base hit off my fingers:scream:
it sucked. I stayed on the bases until i got across home plate and then went to the hospital.
my fingers were really messed up!:laugh:
but hey, i went back and played the rest of the tournament anyway.:shrug:

:dance: gas just went under 2.00 a gallon here.
*flicks on some crazy dance music and buffs the floor with her feet*

so i heard theres some crazy cleaners that come in here with a hat and some sunglasses. I cam in last night just to check and the one with the sunglasses was a babe:D I got him cornered in the broom closet and had my way with him.
Hey, he wasnt fighting it:shrug:

u2bonogirl said:
:dance: gas just went under 2.00 a gallon here.
*flicks on some crazy dance music and buffs the floor with her feet*

so i heard theres some crazy cleaners that come in here with a hat and some sunglasses. I cam in last night just to check and the one with the sunglasses was a babe:D I got him cornered in the broom closet and had my way with him.
Hey, he wasnt fighting it:shrug:

:rolleyes:

starsforu2 said:

I wonder if your powers are a little like Superman's. While your in the South, your powers are diminished, but once your in Yankee territory, the world is your oyster. :sexywink:

*Ahem* I'm a Yankee. :shifty: Could you use your powers on me? It's fun being under a spell... for a little while. :huh:

:hmm: sounds like a challenge and one I could win easily.

u2bonogirl said:

:lol: rolling your eyes at me mister?
come closer and do that.
maybe Ill make you disappear into the closet too!:D

** Walks right up to Tara, stands nose to nose and :rolleyes: **

I double dog dare you :wink:

:sigh: But the closet will have to wait. I have a meeting with a lawyer to finish my house refinancing. Then I'll have some $$$! :drool: more U2...

Later babycakes! :wave: I'll be on in a couple of hours.

starsforu2 said:

** Walks right up to Tara, stands nose to nose and :rolleyes: **

I double dog dare you :wink:

:sigh: But the closet will have to wait. I have a meeting with a lawyer to finish my house refinancing. Then I'll have some $$$! :drool: more U2...

Later babycakes! :wave: I'll be on in a couple of hours.
*stares tim down, then bursts into laughter*
:laugh: :kiss:
*kisses him on the cheek and shoves him playfully away*
you win:cute:
have fun with the lawyer!
see ya later everybody, Im gonna go be a perv in pleba and then have some lunch
*thinks about a comment she just made about getting a bowl of bono and eating herself to death*

so i come back and theres nobody here but me. :shrug: oh well

*walks up to counter and sets her guitar case on the ground*
Im being forced to practice today:madspit:
AND tomorrow:madspit: :madspit:

*grabs a bottle of jack and walks to the jukebox.....pushes a random button..I always like surprises....oh good something I like- radiohead:creep.....hums "Im a creeeeeep, Im a weirdooooo, what the hell am i doing heeeere, I dont belong here....*

*leans agains the wall and slides down to sit on the floor, laying head on knees...didnt get much sleep last night. stayed up drawing with my charcoal...of course drawings of bono:p*

**Walks into the bar, a bit :yawn:**

**Walks halfway up to the bardesk and notice the couch**

Mmmm... a nice soft couch, a warm blanket... I could just take a little nap here... :yawn:

**Sees the note thats lying on the couch**

starsforu2 said:
Dearest Dorthe,
Sorry I've missed you again. If I close my eyes I think I can still detect that delicious scent you wear, what is it called? I think it's been far too long since we've had a :dance: don't you think?

** Puts note on couch, where I'm sure she'll see it. **

:happy: :cute:

**Starts looking around the bar to find Tim**

Hey darling, where are you...?! :flirt:

:lol: I just scanned in the picture i drew of bono last night.
what shite! i think its possibly the worst thing i have ever done to him
tarnished the image!:shame:
it looks kinda cool with the colors inverted though:shrug:

hey dorthe!
if youre looking for the famous bar tender, i think hes with a lawyer

u2bonogirl said:
never mind, there he is
*is a dork*
i almost got in another car wreck...or two...today:reject:
the first wasnt my fault!

:ohmy:

You drive safely, ok?! :shame: No more car wrecks for you! :hug:

Merc said:

:ohmy:

You drive safely, ok?! :shame: No more car wrecks for you! :hug:
:cute:
I was fumbling around with the unforgettable fire when i almost got in the second one and the first was because of my pastor!
he saw me driving and flagged me down while i was beside him because he wanted me to follow him to the church to get a CD from him
i spent so much time trying to see what he wanted that i didnt notice the light turning red in front of me:lol:

you two better go dance, but change the song i put on
you dont wanna dance to creep:laugh:

*Wandering into the bar*

Hmmmm my whole world have a pinkish hue right now.....:wink:

Oh yeah it's the shades...:bono:

*puts shades on forehead*

Bartender! A double shot of Jameson please! :)

Last edited:
starsforu2 said:

Yes, dance and then bed :yes: A very tantalizing combination :flirt:

Don't get any good ideas now, mister :shame: - you had your chance! :lol: :sexywink:

starsforu2 said:

Ladies choice? Or shall I choose one?

Your choise - just make sure it's slow... :flirt:

** Walks over to the jukebox :scratch: Oh, that's a good one **
** The song starts and I help Merc out of the couch, kissing her hand as I draw her close. Looks in her eyes and says **

This is one of my favorites.

love I get so lost, sometimes
days pass and this emptiness fills my heart
when I want to run away
I drive off in my car
but whichever way I go
I come back to the place you are

** Twirls her slowly, and brings her back in **
What is it that you wear? It really is intoxicating :drool:

all my instincts, they return
and the grand facade, so soon will burn
without a noise, without my pride
I reach out from the inside

** Brings Dorthe closer and says **
We've missed you here. We all agree, you are the :cute:st :flirt:

in your eyes
the light the heat
in your eyes
I am complete
in your eyes
I see the doorway to a thousand churches
in your eyes
the resolution of all the fruitless searches
in your eyes
I see the light and the heat
in your eyes
oh, I want to be that complete
I want to touch the light
the heat I see in your eyes

** Slides hands down to Dorthe's hips, bites lip and says **
Have you seen Say Anything? That is where I first heard this song. I wanted to grow up and be Lloyd Dobler. Great film. If you're a romantic, and I think you are, I think you'll like it. :yes:

love, I don't like to see so much pain
so much wasted and this moment keeps slipping away
I get so tired of working so hard for our survival
I look to the time with you to keep me awake and alive

and all my instincts, they return
and the grand facade, so soon will burn
without a noise, without my pride
I reach out from the inside

** Moves hands back up to her back, and brings her close **
I think you'll have a harder time sleeping after this. I can feel your :heart: racing. :sexywink: I thought this was a SLOW song. :eyebrow:

in your eyes
the light the heat
in your eyes
I am complete
in your eyes
I see the doorway to a thousand churches
in your eyes
the resolution of all the fruitless searches
in your eyes
I see the light and the heat
in your eyes
oh, I want to be that complete
I want to touch the light,
the heat I see in your eyes
in your eyes in your eyes

** The jukebox shuts off leaving only silence **

You know, we're going to have to let go eventually. Let me know when you're ready to go.

** Enjoys warm embrace with Dorthe **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom