The Octagon Bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
digsy said:

LB - we got something in common, my boiler packed up today! no heating adn no hot water - its painful :yikes:

Bad day indeed! :hug:

Well I got both...but no cold water and my toilet doesn't work....:mad:

Maybe you want to come live with me...at least it's warmin here.....:sexywink:

starsforu2 said:

So, you voted and you got smarter. Not mutually exclusive are they :wink:

Congratulations on voting for the first time! And I'm sure that you look stunning! :whispers: :shifty: I actually prefer brunettes. They make my head turn faster. While the majority of the men are running after the blondes, I find a much shorter line of men to deal with when talking to the brunettes. :yes:

:laugh:

Thanks! I'm very excited!!

And yes, Chrissi...I was expecting a big ol' gift bag when I walked out...sadly, was not the case!

**Looks over in LB's direction**

Hey sweetie... a slow dance before I go to bed... :flirt:

... I could really use a dance you know...

:sigh:

**Walks out of the bar**

I'll save that song for another day...

....G'night everyone....

the men's room again? that twice this hour - you're like a woman!

ladies and gentlemen...

may i present Octagon Bar's official logo (courtesy of the real octagon bar in dublin...)

octagon.jpg

by the way - in case you thought i made it up, this is in fact a drinks coaster i "borrowed" from Octagon Bar when i was there. i of couse have full intentions of returning it next time i go back...:tongue:

Last edited:
Hey Digsy, nice sign! Stop! In the name of Love, before you break my :heart: :dance:

Ok, I just stopped in for a second to share this link with you. Merc discovered this amusing video that reminded her of us dancing here at the Octagon Bar. It was the dog that particularly impressed her. Without further comment here is the link.

http://www.faulguy.com/Interference/Jungle.htm

brilliant!!

question is, while the dog i clearly one of the guys (i think its the pelvic thrust that gives it away!) which one of the girls is the hippo...? :ohmy:

ok, while i'm here, you guys get to be my critics... art critics that is, no personal attacks please :lol:

painted these over the course of 4 nights last week and this is how they now sit on my wall - what do you think?
(honest opinions only please - dont say they're nice if you really think they're shit, thats no use to anyone!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/digsy_di/quadu2.jpg

digsy said:
ok, while i'm here, you guys get to be my critics... art critics that is, no personal attacks please :lol:

painted these over the course of 4 nights last week and this is how they now sit on my wall - what do you think?
(honest opinions only please - dont say they're nice if you really think they're shit, thats no use to anyone!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/digsy_di/quadu2.jpg

Can you make me 4 too? I'll trade you. Seriously, I think they are pretty cool :yes:

trade what...??? :sexywink:

yeah i'm off too - bars too quiet tonight and they say the firt sign of an alcoholic is to drink alone...! :yikes:

night guys

Well looks like Im here all alone

doo do doo......
shuffle shuffle.
yeah well maybe i will just talk to myself:eyebrow:

I was thinking about making my hair darker too starsgoblue....i had to wait to do anything with the hair until after the wedding. My hair likes to change colors on its own. in the summer i have sandy blonde hair then it morphs into brunette over the winter.

I made fish tonight. Not cooked. Just made. Sometimes i wonder how i would ever feed myself if there werent people to cook for me occasionally. I tried to cook the damn fish and i didnt know that you werent supposed to have the heat on really high. so i cranked the fecker up and slapped the fish in the pan hoping it would maybe get up and do a little dance when it was done:eyebrow:
then this smell.......well i didnt know i was supposed to flip it and it started burning. in the process of flipping it over i broke it all into pieces so i ended up with slightly undercooked scrambled fish with a nice charred smell.
yum:|
at least i can make cheesecake and mashed potatoes.
and steak! I can make a killer steak.
i hope my fish wasnt killer if you know what i mean:huh:

I made somebody else cry today. i have a gift my friends
all i had to do was tell him about my song and making everyone cry at the wedding and he started crying. i ended up standing out in the pouring rain trying to soothe him. he knows all the shite ive been through and how much it meant to me to be able to do that.

doo do doo.....
still by myself.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
some one give me a triple shot of the hardest liquor! :angry:

Are you sure? The hardest liquor I know is Grain alcohol, but if you want it, I advise you to mix it. :yes:

Ok, I've done some research, and since you shuffled in, I'll make you a Zombie

>>> Grabs Tumbler and pours in alchohol with abandon <<<

I'll add the taste first and then I'll be throwing in the Alcohol

>>> Adds Lemon juice, a das of Grenadine, some OJ, Cherry Heering , Bacardi White Rum, Bacardi Black Rum, a whole lot more of 151 proof rum then shakes it all up on crushed ice <<<

>>> Slides tumbler over to the lady in the Velvet Dress <<<

Sorry

Last edited:
the election is driving us a bit batty right now - I'm thinking, the more I watch the news, the US members of the octagon need to hole up in a albeit very nice, amenity stocked cabin in the woods - that being said I call the room with the view of the lake:)

nurse chrissi said:
the election is driving us a bit batty right now - I'm thinking, the more I watch the news, the US members of the octagon need to hole up in a albeit very nice, amenity stocked cabin in the woods - that being said I call the room with the view of the lake:)

If Kerry were leading, I'm sure that there would be a lot more chatter. I'd say that between 60 to 65% of US U2 fans on this board voted for Kerry.

Can I get you anything?

I have my friend mr. white wine with me right now -I'm settling in to now what as the news media slowly goes mad:wink:
the great part of only working three shifts a week is that well, I only have to work three shifts a week so it's an all nighter for me tonight

but I agree that a big group on this board is pretty darn bummed out right now

nurse chrissi said:
I have my friend mr. white wine with me right now -I'm settling in to now what as the news media slowly goes mad:wink:
the great part of only working three shifts a week is that well, I only have to work three shifts a week so it's an all nighter for me tonight

but I agree that a big group on this board is pretty darn bummed out right now

How long is a shift? And do you work at a hospital, or do you do other nurse stuff? Forgive my ignorance, but I sort of make it a hobby to avoid the hospital :wink:

bedside nurse all the way - I work in a critical care ICU setting
shift is supposedly 12 hours but mine normally run about 13 to 15 depending on the type of day I'm having
but honestly it is really a cool job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom