The NO Coldplay, Keane, Killers, etc Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elevation2u

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
sorry i couldn't resist to make a thread to discuss good* music, no band specifically..more of a random thread to discuss bands without having to go out and make a whole thread where 180 people will read and no one responds. hope no one minds...

:shifty:oh yeah, i almost forgot the less coldplay, keane, killers, franz...yada yada yada... the better:up:

the more
AIM20Bear.gif
the better:up:

*;)

I'm listening to Kid A right now.... but I'm In My Place13.... Do I support your plea for more Radiohead and less Coldplay?

What is I gon' do?

actually i have only heard the name Kasabian and not their actual music,...is it on the radio?...i dont listen to it but i wonder if i ever miss something good:hmm:...everytime i turn it on in my friend's car [should i mention i'm a 'loser' cause i dont drive?:reject:] all i ever hear is speed of sound, mr brightside, honest mistake and beverly hills:angry: OVER and OVER again....maybe its not so much my dislike for the bands but the excessive play, hype etc... they receive...anyway, i tend to digress [ a lot].... are these Kasabian a bit like kaiser chiefs or bloc party??

You know...if you want to talk about "other bands" - why don't you 1) look at the threads for other bands - or - 2) start a thread about other bands.

I believe there is a Radiohead thread going now (or two), and if you look in the band list thread, I believe there is Kasabian thread.

This thread implies NOTHING but trouble.

:down:

I've seen Radiohead live twice.

June 9th, 1997 Irving Plaza, NYC.

December 19th, 1997, Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC.

They were 2 of the most amazing concerts I've ever seen. Good old days.

:huh: it hasnt formed any trouble yet and i doubt it will
its neither a radioehad thread nor a kasbian thread, those threads specify only one band which limits conversation... if the pointless 'now playing' thread exists why cant this one?

zoney! said:
You know...if you want to talk about "other bands" - why don't you 1) look at the threads for other bands - or - 2) start a thread about other bands.

I believe there is a Radiohead thread going now (or two), and if you look in the band list thread, I believe there is Kasabian thread.

This thread implies NOTHING but trouble.

:down:

Agreed old boy, agreed......

what's this elvis?

you calling zoney "old boy" now?

what gives?!? you used to call me that!

that was the thing we did! that was OURS!

what happened?!?!?

i saw radiohead september 21, 2003
travis january 31, 2004
u2 april 2, 2005

those are my best concerts i experienced:up:...hopefully i can manage to go to college and grow a more eclectic concert experience but going to college has drained all my money away :down:

nothing like 'how to disappear completely' live and 'flowers in your window' acoustic, no amp just fran singing without a microphone to the theatre...it still gives me chills just remembering ....

and drum solo in '40' :drool:

Last edited:
i find it interesting that you mock coldplay, keane and the killers while giving props to travis.

maybe i'm missing something here.

Zoomerang96 said:
what's this elvis?

you calling zoney "old boy" now?

what gives?!? you used to call me that!

that was the thing we did! that was OURS!

what happened?!?!?

oh, um, i didnt see you there mate.....boy this is awkward

Zoomerang96 said:
i find it interesting that you mock coldplay, keane and the killers while giving props to travis.

i dont blame you for saying that, i think that to myself all the time but at least im not being bombarded by them 24/7... actually i find it quite sad that none of my friends know who they are :angry:... and travis came out before coldplay, kilelrs and keane :rolleyes:

oooh and i also have grown quite an affinity for mars volta, nick drake, bruce springsteen and elvis costello..... very uncool, but i cant get enough:reject:

especially good ol springsteen's raspy voice "screen door slams...."
or omar's mad guitar alongside cedric's piercing yowls

:drool:

Zootlesque said:
What about Queens Of The Stone Age 'Little Sister'? :drool:

More cowbell baby!

:rockon: x infinity

Nice song.

So much better than No One Knows... a rare blemish on the great Dave Grohl's career...

Zoomerang96 said:

i dislike coldplay, killers, keane, interpol, franz ferdinand, etc.

i do like travis though - they aren't the greatest band around but there music is bearable. i have yet to once to go to a travis gig that wasn't enjoyable. i saw coldplay after yellow came out and the show was dire - i wouldn't pay to see them again. :down:

How bout some Pixies love?!

I DONT WANT TO GROW, GROW UP TO BE, BE A DEBASER!

Saw them live last December. It was truely awesome.

elevation2u said:
oh yeah, i almost forgot the less coldplay, keane, killers, franz...yada yada yada... the better

OMG.....I LOVE Coldplay, Keane, and The killers!!! Thanks for posting another thread about them! :up:

Doesn't the etc. in the thread title preclude discussion of any band/musician? :huh:

indra said:
Doesn't the etc. in the thread title preclude discussion of any band/musician? :huh:

hahaha.. exactly! The etc. is not defined at all so it must be all-inclusive. So there really should be no discussion of any music here.

Let's see, what about.... LOTR? :drool:

:wink:

i am playing darkness ont he edge of town, Vinyl. oh the sweet sweet sound of vinyl :drool::drool:... ooooh... and i also got hail to the thief recently also on vinyl...:bow:

yea the coldplay concert was so exciting people were jumping up and down the entire time

:rolleyes:......... in my dreams it was that exciting;), in real life everyone was sitting down and got up only when mr martin had to beg everyone to stand up for their "only hit" as he put it...and everyone sat back down rigth when it ended.

random note: bright eyes played 2 days ago in ym city and i was unable to go:angry:...till next time i guess

Back
Top Bottom