The night sky was dancing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenBlue

Blue Crack Addict
Did anyone happen to catch the Aurora Borealis last night? I was watching the MTV Katrina thing waiting for U2 and I went and looked out the window. There was a bright green glow over most of the northern sky. Then it started rippling and moving.. getting brighter and reaching high into the midnight sky above. It was just... wow. Incredible. I've seen it before, but it's usually quite muted, and when I did see it move before it was quite slow. This was like you'd see on TV. Just incredible. By the looks of some forecasts, it looks like we may be in for more.

So keep an eye on the north sky at night. You might see some spirits dancing :wink:

the northern lights here in Maine are unreal, especially in the winter. Big streaks of blue, white and green dancing in the black star filled sky....doesnt get any better than that.

i've always wanted to see the northern lights too.
not much chance of seeing them here in dallas :angry:

what part of the country are you from ravenblue?

Northern lights:bow: I Looooooooove watching them, although I missed em lastnight:madspit: :grumpy:

anyone seen mars? Its fantastic:drool:

A person on another board I frequent lives in California and she says she thinks she saw them the other night, but they were very faint and not moving. But hey, ya never know.

This site Has many links to help you figure out if you may be able to see them.

this is what they looked like where i used to live.

sometimes they look like this where i currently live, if i can get away from all the light pollution.

i did NOT take this picture, btw.

ap_gallery_alberta_041110_ssh.jpg

:heart: northern lights :heart:

lmjhitman said:
this is what they looked like where i used to live.

sometimes they look like this where i currently live, if i can get away from all the light pollution.

i did NOT take this picture, btw.

ap_gallery_alberta_041110_ssh.jpg

:heart: northern lights :heart:

Wow! It's amazing and beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom