The NFL Thread Part IV: Super Bowl Edition.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know absolutely NOTHING about American football but I just watched the Montreal Canadiens pound the Philadelphia Flyers 5-0 and according to the broadcasters, when the Habs win on Superbowl Sunday then the NFC team usually wins (no idea what team that would be but I'm sure you all do! :lol: )

"Bittersweet Symphony"? I think we know which team lost the opening entrance.

I know absolutely nothing about football, as I'm a Canadian, and we prefer to pay attention to hockey.

With that said, I'm rooting for Seattle. I lived there for several years, and I gotta go with my old hometown. No scientific method of betting, I just hope they win. It's so awesome that they made the Superbowl for the first time ever! Go Seahawks!

Everyone saw Tom Brady cackling when the Pittsburgh crowd booed him, I trust. Priceless.

Okay 3 things...

1. that was the worst national anthem ever...makes roseanne look good

2. let's go Seattle...you are going to boo Brady when you are in the game...lame

3. did anyone from Seattle buy a ticket..holy terrible towels!!!

speedracer said:
Everyone saw Tom Brady cackling when the Pittsburgh crowd booed him, I trust. Priceless.

Classy pennsylvanians! :up:

Hmmm...typical of Tom during the playoffs this year...he tosses something and it hits the field.

:uhoh:

zoney! said:

Classy pennsylvanians! :up:

Hmmm...typical of Tom during the playoffs this year...he tosses something and it hits the field.

:uhoh:

at least it wasnt intercepted :wink:

Matt Hasselbeck is clearly a graduate of the Lance Ito school of clock management.

ljclary said:
WhoooooHooooo....the Rolling Stones.........

oops...I just fell asleep.....

I think I might have to pop in my Super Bowl 36 DVD and watch the U2 halftime show.

Hmm... so the Stones have an ellipse. It's pretty cool. Do they normally do that for their concerts?

ETA: Just noticed how fucking huge their stage is...

Last edited:
maybe im seeing shit...did Mick flip the bird during the intro to the second song or is his index finger just creepily long?

I did see that Mick was censored (or edited) for TV during 'Rough Justice (the word "cocks") and I think the word 'cum' in the previous song.

And that Steelers TD did NOT look like a TD. And that Seahawks TD DID look like a TD and the call was ticky tack :eyebrow:

yeah kelly, seemed like a sound problem early on. Interesting stage, huh? :eyebrow:

Lila64 said:
I did see that Mick was censored (or edited) for TV during 'Rough Justice (the word "cocks") and I think the word 'cum' in the previous song.

And that Steelers TD did NOT look like a TD. And that Seahawks TD DID look like a TD and the call was ticky tack :eyebrow:

yeah kelly, seemed like a sound problem early on. Interesting stage, huh? :eyebrow:

I wonder how long people had to camp out to get inside the tongue :wink:.

I agree with you about the TDs too :yes:.

:tsk:

I didn't think the rooster / cocks reference was gonna fly on TV

and kelly - did they get 'scanned in'? Railskanks? I couldn't tell

joerags said:
Roethlisberger did not score on that play. Are the replay refs blind?

Seahawks really botched that last drive before the half.

I thought the ball just barely crossed the front of the goal line stripe, which is a TD.

Somebody on ESPN (probably Simmons or Klosterman) nailed the setlist -- Start Me Up, Satisfaction and a crappy track from their latest album. Then again, it wasn't that hard a call.

Last edited:
joerags said:
Roethlisberger did not score on that play.

Yup no way....come on Seattle and the under....[she drops to her knees and prays]

That half time show was awful....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom