The NFL Draft Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
eli manning... we want YOU
1eshockey.jpg

01.jpg

he looks nice in blue doesn't he :wink:

Last edited:
All respect I had for Manning went down the shitter

the guy should be thanking his lucky stars that hes blessed enough to BE a #1 overall pick, regardless of it being the Pats, Chargers, Cardinals, Giants, Lions or whomever... suck it up and play the friggin game.

As a Colts fan I have very mixed feelings on this. He's Peyton's little bro and I want him to be happy. On the other hand, I remember the Elway thing back in '83 and how much I hated him, always hated him, and still hate his horselipped face. He was an arrogant, obnoxious, BABY with a bad attitude. I really always hoped he'd suck to serve him right. I remember how he ran his hands through his bangs and said 'Mr. Irsay, you got nuthin' then pretended he wanted to go to the Yankees! I am not a Yankees fan or even a baseball fan, but he USED the Yankess as a bargaining tool when he really had no intention of playing for them and that was shitty too. But this time it's not even the player, it's the DAD doing it! Is it really the Dad, or is he crying for Daddy to bail him out? I don't like the scenario.

It all comes down to this: the reason we have the draft is so teams can get new players. The reason the shittiest teams get to choose the best players first is so they can improve. If a team had no chance to improve, why would their fans even watch, or buy expensive tickets? But when you have a guy who refuses to go to a certain team, it spoils this. Honestly, I am surprised that in 21 years no other player has pulled an Elway. I had thought it was going to set a precedent that would ruin the draft system. As a poor person, I can't really see how it would be bad to be a player for ANY NFL team, especially not the first overall pic. He needs to realize how lucky he is to be a millionaire, that he's not working at Burger King or even sitting behind a desk for 40K and having to worry about retirement. Maybe it had something to do with it that he came from a rich family already and was spoiled. His Dad was in the NFL so he was always well off and had every opportunity as a player a regular guy might not have. Elway's Dad had been the coach of Stanford Univ., so same goes for him.

Eli (and his daddy)should shut his yap and go where he's drafted.
First off, what's wrong with San Diego? Great weather, a young dominant running back and a coach who can get you to 13-3 and a first round playoff loss on a consistent basis. There's lots of worse situations.
Besides, family genes being what they are, he'll never win a big game, so take the money like big bro, throw your 4 picks in a big game and stop your whining.

He's far from the first player to do this... John Elway... Steve Francis... J.D. Drew... and many many others. Archie played for years in a hapless organization in New Orleans... he doesn't want his son to go through the same thing. And besides, who's more to blame? The Mannings who wanted to keep this just between them and the Chargers? Or the Chargers for going public with it behind Manning's back? I really don't see what the big deal is... note... the fact that I'm a Giants fan has nothing to do with this opinion... really... i sware... honestly... :wink:

Last edited:
They probably are just saying they'll take him regardless so that they dont get dicked over in a trade and get close to if not full value if they trade it, which I think they will.

This way nobody can say "youre not taking him anyway, you cant take him, so the pick isnt worth as much to you anymore."

still they should take him. Whats he going to do, sit out a year and refuse to play? Now that would be stupidity.

Last edited:
StlElevation said:
still they should take him. Whats he going to do, sit out a year and refuse to play? Now that would be stupidity.

Well the last guy to do just that turned out alright...

img6288303.jpg

... we shall see what happens.

Right now, looks like Big Blue's gonna go grab Ben Rothlesburger out of Miami of Ohio... I'll take him, but he's too Ryan Leaf for my taste... who knows.

Last edited:
Yeah, but not everybody is going to be a John Elway... Eli has potential sure, but that doesnt mean he'll end up like Elway if he's a baby

Either way, Kerry Collins cant be feeling too good about himself right now

Its going to be a pretty interesting draft... lots of deals i think...

I hate John Elway :mad: :down:

They could take him and trade him. That's what the Colts ended up doing with Elway. They might get more for him as a person than as a draft pick.

This is an interesting reunion. Larry got along well with Drummin' Denny Green (seeing denny play the drums is a truly scary site). I am happy for them both. I need to see if Arizona plays Minnesota this year....I plan on being at that game (no matter where its played).

Clocks on for our beloved Gi-Aints

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom