The Next Best Thing: Who Is the Greatest Celebrity Impersonator?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody "hates" anyone, personally I just "hate" the concept of taking advantage of people and calling them "gullible". That speaks for itself, along with other words and actions. What comes directly out of someone's mouth isn't hearsay.

I know we're not supposed to talk about it but I also think saying that someone "hates" someone is something people have the right to answer :shrug: It has nothing to do with "drama".

The show is lame, and the judges are awful.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Nobody "hates" anyone, personally I just "hate" the concept of taking advantage of people and calling them "gullible". That speaks for itself, along with other words and actions. What comes directly out of someone's mouth isn't hearsay.

I know we're not supposed to talk about it but I also think saying that someone "hates" someone is something people have the right to answer :shrug: It has nothing to do with "drama".

The show is lame, and the judges are awful.

well said, and exactly to the point! :up: IMO

This has nothing to do with the show having a Bono impersonator or not, the entire show was absolutely awful.

I'll normally give these types of shows a chance because some of them are actually ok, (like the "American Inventor" that's starting up again), but I won't be watching this again.

This is probably the worse show I've seen in a while, I guess ABC just couldn't find better programming?

:lol: Love the "no bingo" guy :lol:

This show is pretty cheesy. The judges are so lame. I think Pavel resembles Bono but he has to lose the earrings and it's about time to cut the hair and the singing was bad.

Ok ... did I miss something or did they not explain how the show was going to work? Judges ... public voting ... who the hell these judges were and why they were qualified ...

I was seriously confused by the show.

Allegra said:

:lmao:

A little angry?

I was like "Awwww...come on!!! He didn't even sing a U2 song!!!" The lady judge was spot on. Those other two needed the back of their heads slapped.

I think it's because some of us have seen other Bono impersonators than can do a hell of a lot better job than that! :madspit:

I hope he gets dumped in the second round.

HE DOES NOT DESERVE $100,000!!!!!

I also heard that later down the road, people will be able to vote for the best by phone. Let's hope and pray he doesn't even get that far. I don't want another Sanjaya on our hands. :eek:

i agree with allegra...

i've personally seen at least 3 bono impersonators in person that can do a better job. :yuck:

i'm not bashing anyone, not talking about anything else that's gone on here in regards to to what's his name.
it just wasn't that good imo.
i recorded it today while i was at work so i could watch it.

and i agreed with the lady judge too.

and yes the show itself sucked and abc's programming SUCKS!!!

they took off the only decent show they had last year and left fans with a cliffhanger when they cancelled the show "invasion".
i fought and fought to save that one with the save invasion campaign.

network producers just care about the advertising and money.

that's all it's really about since reality shows are so much cheaper to produce.
they don't care about quality tv any more. :angry: :rant:

i'm also wondering if a u2 song wasn't sung because of copyright infringement? :shrug:

AtomicBono said:

mydad.jpg

kbaconinterviewtitle.jpg

I think my dad being on there would be the only thing that could make me watch this show.

you could play 6 degrees of your dad :heart::happy:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

you could play 6 degrees of your dad :heart::happy:

one time some guy downtown yelled "KEVIN!" and my dad turned around expecting it to be one of my friends (cuz they all call him Kevin) but it was just some random guy that was like "...Kevin Bacon??" My dad said no, but I'm sure that guy was thinking "...but he turned around when I said Kevin..."

I just want to state that in my excitement(and since i wasn't aware of the background of this stupid show), i got quite happy to see a "regular" person impersonationg Bono. BUT now that i've learned the full story(thanks to you guys) i just want to say "EWW, :down: to "him".

Can Someone PM me exactly what he did that was bad?

I know he impersonates Bono alot, He did here in the San Diego for a radio station and went to restaurants trying to fool people, which I thought was kinda cool like candid cameraish but I am curious as to what he did that seems to be a major issue here?

IMO he does have the look, but I have seen some video of him singing ONE and it was horrible.

Allegra said:

Your opinion, but you can't deny the facts.

what facts?

- that's he a fanatic u2 fan that loves bono enough to spend so much time trying to copy his moves and looks?

i don't think there exists any true male u2 fan that hasn't adopted some of bono's physiognomy at some point.

the fly :drool:

if those are the facts or charges that pavel is guilty of, then i would have to say that i think that most people on this board are guilty to some extent.

Reptile347 said:
I know he impersonates Bono alot, He did here in the San Diego for a radio station and went to restaurants trying to fool people, which I thought was kinda cool like candid cameraish but I am curious as to what he did that seems to be a major issue here?

That IS the major issue. Frankly I think some people are overreacting a little bit :shrug:

Hewson said:
What was with the white dude thinking he was Bill Cosby?

How does crap like this get onto televison?

:lol: It was easily the worst show I've ever watched. People judging fake people, go figure. I turned it off after Pavel, but considering they were all awful from the portion I saw and dismissing all the other stuff that's been said about the guy, Pavel was probably the best of the worst. Gotta be better than the white Bill Cosby anyway lol :wink:

Last edited:
U2Man said:

what facts?

- that's he a fanatic u2 fan that loves bono enough to spend so much time trying to copy his moves and looks?

i don't think there exists any true male u2 fan that hasn't adopted some of bono's physiognomy at some point.

the fly :drool:

if those are the facts or charges that pavel is guilty of, then i would have to say that i think that most people on this board are guilty to some extent.

Did you not read the thread links that were posted earlier???

Pretending to be and dressing up as Bono 24/7 is not a problem?

Saying that regular U2 fans are [and I quote his words] "gullible" because they think he's Bono when he doesn't tell them that he's not and signs Bono's books and U2's stuff isn't a problem?

I'm sorry, but THAT IS A PROBLEM!!!

It looks like user blm actual read this thread...thank you!

Allegra said:

Pretending to be and dressing up as Bono 24/7 is not a problem?

um no. not necessarily. unless you've got a normal job or something. then it might be a bit awkward.

Allegra said:

Saying that regular U2 fans are [and I quote his words] "gullible" because they think he's Bono when he doesn't tell them that he's not and signs Bono's books and U2's stuff isn't a problem?

by using the word "gullible" he is actually saying more about himself than he is saying about the 'regular u2 fans'. if he really thought he was a perfect bono impersonator, he would have no reason to call them gullible, would he?

U2Man said:

um no. not necessarily. unless you've got a normal job or something. then it might be a bit awkward.

that's the point, he MAKES impersonating Bono his job....

:rolleyes:

and this is one of the many reasons I'm glad I can't view american tv channels....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom