The New English Footy Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Pax!

:dancing:
Here we are again then everyone!!

I'll just take my slippers off and get myself comfortable while I wait for the rest of you to arrive!:wink:

Last edited:
The FA cup 6th round draw in full.

1 Newcastle United v Tottenham H or Nottingham F
2 Southampton or Brentford v Manchester United
3 Bolton Wanderers v Arsenal
4 Burnley or Blackburn Rovers v Leicester City

Glad we've avoided Arsenal anyway. Saints (should) get past Brentford in the replay, but either way, we should cruise to the semis.

I think the first thread started with Aardvark posting to himself half a dozen times and then I finally responded to him. It was more recently that I thought November I think but proud we went through the 500 mark posting about a proper sport.

I would like us to forget the FA cup for now as I'm still fairly pissed off about yeterday and it's an absolute monster of a week in the Champion's League all the English clubs have absolutely mouth-watering ties.

For the first leg at least I think United - Milan is the most interesting because of the number of players Chelsea are going to be missing. The other thing is since the draw was made United have been playing on another planet and have been an absolute pleasure to watch from Christmas onwards.(It doesn't mean I like them any more but credit where credit's due). I had the feeling on Saturday that they had plenty in reserve if they needed it and Wednesday night could be a good time to play Milan if Shevchenko is missing. I must admit I don't know a loads about Milan but you hear the names such as Shevchenko, Kaka, Stam and you know they're quality. They will also be keen to make amends for the incredible game against Deportivo La Coruna in the second leg last year.

I'm not going to watch this game however as I'm hoping I'll be watching the famous Chelsea play out a bore draw against Barcelona and then hopefully for the game at the Bridge some of our big guns will be fit again. If the players remember how painfull last year was I'm sure we'll be OK and I think we can guarantee an absolutely electric atmosphere for both games.

Arsenal aren't playing a bad side but I think it's in their own hands in the sense that if the good Arsenal team decides to turn up they will win if it doesn't they'll lose.

Liverpool I think could be more interesting than first thought and I think a lot of people have dismissed Leveurkusen much to easily, they're doing well in domestic competion and came through a tough group. Liverpool will be without Gerrard for the first leg but I think he is becoming a distraction they could do without..

Any other thoughts.

I love to here from anyone Germany, Spain or Italy who'd like to comment on thier sides as you guys are going to know your sides better than we do. Maybe we should have a Champion's League thread as well?

Last edited:
Aardvark747 said:

shouldn't that be Bolton v Arsenal or Sheff. Utd? or have we just jumped to the conclusion the Blades will not be able to overturn the mighty Arsenal at Bramall Lane?? :wink:

Aardvark747 said:

Glad we've avoided Arsenal anyway. Saints (should) get past Brentford in the replay, but either way, we should cruise to the semis.

Go Spurs! :hyper:

oh for crying out loud Bradford, why is it always like this with our home form. We haven't won at home since August or October, it's really starting to get on my nerves as a season ticket holder. Especially as the next one is Hu666ersfield.

Princey said:

shouldn't that be Bolton v Arsenal or Sheff. Utd? or have we just jumped to the conclusion the Blades will not be able to overturn the mighty Arsenal at Bramall Lane?? :wink:

lol! I copied that STRAIGHT from Thefa.com!!:ohmy:

tarquinsuperb said:
For the first leg at least I think United - Milan is the most interesting because of the number of players Chelsea are going to be missing. The other thing is since the draw was made United have been playing on another planet and have been an absolute pleasure to watch from Christmas onwards.(It doesn't mean I like them any more but credit where credit's due). I had the feeling on Saturday that they had plenty in reserve if they needed it and Wednesday night could be a good time to play Milan if Shevchenko is missing. I must admit I don't know a loads about Milan but you hear the names such as Shevchenko, Kaka, Stam and you know they're quality. They will also be keen to make amends for the incredible game against Deportivo La Coruna in the second leg last year.

I'm not going to watch this game however as I'm hoping I'll be watching the famous Chelsea play out a bore draw against Barcelona and then hopefully for the game at the Bridge some of our big guns will be fit again. If the players remember how painfull last year was I'm sure we'll be OK and I think we can guarantee an absolutely electric atmosphere for both games.

both matches are being telecast live here in India but i will definetely be watching Man utd v Milan. I have been looking forward to this one for ages. Had Shevchenko been present i would have said Milan had a definete edge but with him out it's too close to call. Kaka, Crespo, Rui Costa still pose a potent threat. Gattuso could well cause Keane to do something rash and that is one thing United need to guard against. For United the key player is Ronaldo, alot is riding on him. I'm not sure how much of an impact Van the man will have, but Rooney has alot of prssure on his young shoulders, and like Keane he will also have to watch out for Gattuso.
Personally, I hope United goes through, but this is a really tough match.

As for me I am an Inter fan and i am confident that they can get the better of Porto. Adriano is back and the team is growing in confidence. The problem of course is the number of games we have drawn, especially in the league.

A word on the other games.... i think both Chelsea and Arsenal will struggle in this round, and once again Juventus should get the better of Madrid.

Agree with you D'oh, about the Chelsea and Arsenal struggle this week.
I really do think this will turn out to be a good couple of weeks for UTD's season!

:drool:

ah, D'oh, that means the dulcet tones of John Dykes, Paul Masefield and the rest of the ESPN StarSports crew will be giving their opinions, no?

I think the highlight for me would be Barca-Chelsea.

I'd really love the Chelsea game to be on a different day, so it wouldnt clash with UTD's. I really want all the English clubs to do well in Europe (until we play one of them of course!):wink:

Aardvark747 said:
I'd really love the Chelsea game to be on a different day, so it wouldnt clash with UTD's. I really want all the English clubs to do well in Europe (until we play one of them of course!):wink:

I know I wanted to take my best mate to the Bridge for the Second leg of the Barcelona tie but he's a United fan so he wanted to stay at home and I fully understand why. As far as United are concerned it's a good time to be in a rich vein of form.

i hate the fact that the tv station that is playing the champions league games this year are again not showing the chelsea game this round.

it was bad enough when they didn't show the porto game but they are f$%^ing playing barca this round. the top english team playing the top spanish team and they aren't showing it.

that is so sad :sad:

yertle-the-turtle said:
ah, D'oh, that means the dulcet tones of John Dykes, Paul Masefield and the rest of the ESPN StarSports crew will be giving their opinions, no?

I think the highlight for me would be Barca-Chelsea.

yup it's the same telecast.
But i think ANdrew Leci and Richard Drew will be on instead of John Dykes.

Personally i thik the highlight is United - Milan. The game at the Nou Camp could fizzle out......0-0

Aardvark747 said:
Agree with you D'oh, about the Chelsea and Arsenal struggle this week.
I really do think this will turn out to be a good couple of weeks for UTD's season!

:drool:

I think so too. They are probably the form team in Europe at the moment.
And no matter what the others say i still think the premiership race isn't over. Chelsea have to face United and Arsenal...it's a question of United keeping this astonishing run for the rest of the season.

As for Chelsea, it would be a real pity if their season unravelled this month.

I disappear for a few days and I see we have a new home!

Bit nervous about tonights game - -4 in munich and lots and lots of snow. We play crap with an orange ball. Also, I dont think Cole will make it plus with Campbell out... hmm.. if we get a score-draw, then I will be delighted!!

go on uefa.com and you can see the scores for all four games in real time.

YAY!!!!

liverpool is won and arse lost.....:dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom