The New English Footy Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, I shall take official charge. Meantime, Aardvark, you can be my marketing guru.. go out and drum up interest.. I'll post fixtures for this weekend on Thursday afternoon. Predictions have to be in by Saturday morning 12pm UK time as Arsenal are kicking off at 12.35 and for very obvious reasons, your not allowed predict any scores after the match has started...

So far, we got Tarquin, Sweet Tart, Aardvark and myself. 4 is fine to start with - like a mini world cup group... however, if others are interested, please post here! I'll set out rules/how it works etc just before the first set of predictions.

Party Boy said:
ok, I shall take official charge. Meantime, Aardvark, you can be my marketing guru.. go out and drum up interest.. I'll post fixtures for this weekend on Thursday afternoon. Predictions have to be in by Saturday morning 12pm UK time as Arsenal are kicking off at 12.35 and for very obvious reasons, your not allowed predict any scores after the match has started...

I don't mean to be picky but I think an hour earlier at 1100 should be our cut off, as we can edit our posts for up to an hour afterwards.

it doesn't matter to me. i currently only have access to the internet at work so i'll have to have my picks in by friday afternoon. hopefully i'll remember :eek:

another day...another one in the win column.

WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!!! and by 11 points at that.

woo hoo!!!!!

:dancing:

Chelsea were genuinely awful this evening and there were even flashes of the side under Ranieri, possibly our worst home display of the season and I don't know how Drogba managed to miss so many easy chances. Still another 3 points so nearly there and we've ensured Champions League football for next season.

Just need five more wins and a draw now, I think.

Apparently UTD and Arsenal are looking to launch bids in the summer for Jemaine Jenas. £10m is being rumoured. I really havent seen too much of him this season, so I dunno how good a buy he'd be. Fergie and Wenger obviously reckon he has potential tho, and perhaps we're looking out, seriously now, for a long-term replacement for Roy Keane. We dont want another Djemba-Djemba or even a world cup winner in the form of 'the mighty' Kleberson!:tsk:

Ok, the moment everyone has been waiting for.

Prediction fixtures week 1:

Birmingham -v- Aston Villa
Blackburn -v- Arsenal
Bolton -v- Norwich
Charlton -v- West Brom
Chelsea -v- Crystal Palace
Liverpool -v- Everton
Man Utd -v- Fulham
Middlesborough -v- Southampton
Portsmouth -v- Newcastle
Tottenham -v- Man City

Points scoring works as follows:

Get the exact score and result right, you get 3 points (e.g. predict Tottenham 2-2 Man City and the game actually ends 2-2)

Get just the result right, you get 1 point (e.g. you predict Tottenham 2-2 Man City, but the game actually ends 1-1 or 3-3 etc)

Get neither the result or score right, you get 0 points (e.g. you predict Tottenham to beat Man City 2-1 but the game ends in either a draw or a victory for Man City).

All predictions need to be posted by midday Saturday (UK time).

Once all matches have finished, I'll add up all the points each person got and display them in a league-type format.

Also, you need to provide a team name. Get your imagination working!!!

Ok, my team name - cheesy, but it incorporates me and MY team:drool: AARDVARK DEVILS:rockon:

And my predictions, here we go baby...

Birmingham 2-1 Aston Villa
Blackburn 1-3 Arsenal
Bolton 1-0 Norwich
Charlton 2-0 WBA
Chelsea 3-0 Crystal Palace
Liverpool 1-2 Everton
U-NI-TED 1-0 Fulham
'Boro 0-1 Southampton
Portsmouth 0-2 Newcastle
Tottenham 3-1 Man City

After thinking long and hard about what name to call myself, I have plumped for Pathetico Bling Bling FC... (don't ask..)

Birmingham 1-1 Aston Villa
Blackburn 1-2 Arsenal
Bolton 2-0 Norwich
Charlton 1-1 WBA
Chelsea 2-0 Crystal Palace
Liverpool 2-1 Everton
Man U 2-0 Fulham
'Boro 1-1 Southampton
Portsmouth 1-1 Newcastle
Tottenham 2-1 Man City

Some controversial choices....

Not one of our predictions are the same Party Boy! This is gonna be an interesting weekend!

I just noticed, tha I havent predicted a single draw in these games! Oh well - anything's possible I guess!

i'll have to back back to you about the name....

Birmingham -v- Aston Villa 1-1
Blackburn -v- Arsenal 1-2
Bolton -v- Norwich 3-2
Charlton -v- West Brom 2-0
Chelsea -v- Crystal Palace 3-1 (another pen by A johnson :tsk: )
Liverpool -v- Everton 1-2
Man Utd -v- Fulham 2-0
Middlesborough -v- Southampton 2-2
Portsmouth -v- Newcastle 0-2
Tottenham -v- Man City 1-1

Yertle FC

Birmingham 2-0 Aston Villa
Blackburn 0-2 Arsenal
Bolton 1-1 Norwich
Charlton 2-1 WBA
Chelsea 1-0 Crystal Palace
Liverpool 1-0 Everton