The New English Footy Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Party Boy said:
hey Sweet Tart, 2-1 to Chelsea today will mean the game is tied overall, so will go to penalties. I cannot see Barcelona not scoring, which means Chelsea are going to have to score twice...

As for Arsenal, yeah am not that hopeful as we are missing too many good defensive players.. I think we will win but maybe only 2-1.. unfortunately Bayern will definitely score...

oh yeah i forgot it wold go to penlties. now that would be a nail biting finsih. :yikes: :faint:

GO CHELSEA!!!!!!

Party Boy said:
I had to survive Arsenal going to penalties with Sheff Utd in the FA cup last week... def not good for your health....

i know...that was kinda sad it had to come to that.

Party Boy said:
tell me about it.. sometimes we play really brilliantly yet a week later we play like a pub team.. very strange season for Arsenal..

For the second leg you've got your best player - the Iceman back so I don't think the pub team will turn up and you could go through. You need an early goal, Henry on fire and non-Mickey Mouse defending. We've seen these things done before so keep the faith.

I'm sorry to say this but Carvalho doesn't look fully fit at the moment and I think we'll find it much more difficult if Gallas doesn't start. If he gets a couple of goals tonight I will willing have Kezman's babies.

tarquinsuperb said:

For the second leg you've got your best player - the Iceman back so I don't think the pub team will turn up and you could go through. You need an early goal, Henry on fire and non-Mickey Mouse defending. We've seen these things done before so keep the faith.

I'm sorry to say this but Carvalho doesn't look fully fit at the moment and I think we'll find it much more difficult if Gallas doesn't start. If he gets a couple of goals tonight I will willing have Kezman's babies.

:lol:

me too. GO KEZZA!!!!!!!

but i think that carvalho will have to start. billy will be fit but he wil have to play left back cause i would rather see him there than ferriera playing outta position on the left again and johnson on the right. glen is just not good enough to handle ronaldinho and we can't afford to get all the silly bookings that no doubt he will get if he plays today. i think jose just rested gallas against norwcih cause we didn't need him.

I was betting that Barcelona, Lyon and Milan will win tonight. Cross your fingers!!!
Tomorrow: Arsenal wins definitely, Liverpool too, Juve too and Psv plays 2:2 with Monaco

After Chelsea's and especially Mourinho's last performance against Barcelona they definitely deserve to lose tonight... BIG TIME!!!

ManU: I don't really care, I only know that it will be damn hard to score against Italians on their home ground

Liverpool: they'll probably make it as long as they keep scoring (Leverkusen usually scores easily in home games)

As for Arsenal: they always fuck up in international matches so forget about it.

WOW! what a first half!
Ronaldinho's second goal:drool:
Chelsea have to be careful not to concede again, otherwise they will need to score twice more

Man U - Milan is fascinating for a different set of reasons.....
United are very much alive in this tie, Giggs was sooooo unlucky.

I said Barca would qualify, but i am happy to eat my words....
Chelsea were fantastic on the night. They seem like the only side that can challenge an unbelivably efficient AC Milan team, that for the most part of 180 minutes, made Manchester United look very very pedestrian, especially going forward.

C*nt it. We didnt deserve to go thru on that performence. Were Rooney and Ruud playing??!

And as for Ronaldo....fuck me, he has confirmed himself as the most selfish fucker in football.:mad:

Party Boy said:
Chelsea - Barcelona game was great. Although I though Barcelona deserved to score more than 2 goals (they were unlucky with some great saves by Cech), fair play to chelsea for not giving up when it got back to 3-2..

Yeah - sorry, I should've mentioned this game earlier, instead of just being bitter!:wink:
Great game - and well done to Chelsea for getting that desicive last goal. Hope they go all the way.

lol! Well, i'm down here in the English Riviera - so I should be safe as long as I dont go out on the last day of the season!:wink:
But it's always good to see an English team go far in Europe.

Hell - it could even be Liverpool's year?!:huh:
:wink:

Gerard will be looking to lead the way thru tonight. He really does carry the team. If they can manage to hang on, I dont really seem them progressing to the semis. They'll probably get Milan or Chelsea next!

yertle-the-turtle said:
oy, tarquin

how drunk are you?

Cheers for noticing.

Although I felt drunk last night there was no alcohol in my system at all as I had an early start today.

I think I'll be boring my grandchildren about that match, it was just so good to get the winner. Couldn't believe Ronaldinho's second. Although it was up my end of the ground I missed it because I had my eye on the man in the middle and the Assistant Referee waiting for the flag to go up, it never came but having seen it again what a goal. However what an arsehole, having scored it he could have run 20 yards to his own fans to celebrate or 25 yards to the Chelsea fans, there was no need to choose the latter. Joe Cole as for the last two games was outstanding, probably his best three performances in a Chelsea shirt. John Terry has to be first choice for England, is there nothing the man can't do? Apart from Rijkaard, Barcelona certainly don't know how to lose with dignity. It also removes the myth I think that we are a one man outfit dependent on Robben (Just imagine how good we're going to be when he's back though)

Don't think the media were too happy, focusing on how we rode our luck but I don't think we got a lot out of the ref so it all works out.

Congrats to Liverpool, great win against a team with a much better record in the Champions League than is being made out. Who knows how far they can go if they get a good draw but I do think there is a danger if they get Milan and Shevchenko is fit, they'll get ripped to pieces.

Just watching the United game in full at the moment but saw the highlights, I don't think they had a shot on target (I also think Giggs' shot was lucky to hit the post rather than unlucky not to go in.)

Arsenal, not a lot to say apart from the fact that it was all a bit familiar. Can't believe they didn't attack with more conviction after they got the goal. I've got my own theories as to why they struggle in Europe but that's for another time.

Not sure anyone can stop us this year but I would rather avoid AC Milan or Lyon if possible.

Good to see the ITV coverage was as unless, uninspiring and unashamedly pro-Man United as ever.

PS The fact that the man who got the goals that knocked United out is on the Chelsea payroll just made the night even sweeter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom