The New English Footy Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aardvark747 said:
Ok - my scoreline for tonight, another 4-0.

Although, I wouldnt be suprised at all to see us win 1-0 or sth, the way Sven Borin Erikson is talking.....:madspit:

Almost.....2-0....plenty of chances, only 2 taken. Quite pathetic really.

yeah i hadn't watched the game yet ( i taped it) but i seen the highlights. gerrards volley was a bit of an odd one. it totally fooled the keeper though and becks looked clearly offside for his goal from what i saw but i'd have to watch it again. and what was with owen...it seemed he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.( i find that saying quite amusing btw :giggle: ).

oh well at least we won. :dancing:

Yeah - the 3 points was the main thing I guess. Becks' goal was ok, he wasnt offside tho, u'll see when u watch - he did well with the goal actually. I shall praise him for once.
Rooney annoyed the fuck out of me tho. He played well during his time on the pitch - then was subbed late on. The crowd were chanting his name, all he had to do was smile and applaud as he went, but no. The stupid youth yanked his shirt out of his shorts, and said "fucks sake". With the tv cameras directly on him - and millions of fans watching.

Wayne - grow the fuck up. You played well. So u didnt score a goal - big deal. You contributed to an important win - that's the main thing.

Last edited:
It would be good for England and United if he didn't become another Cantona, well maybe its too early to talk about that.

I must say that even though i want England to qualify and go far at the world cup, it would only take one slip up against Poland and they may regret not banging in more that 6 goals in these two games. One slip up against Poland could mean having to play France, Holland, Czech, Ireland, Greece in the playoffs if they get a rough draw. Unless they have already decided which groups runners up play each other, which i haven't heard about. I dont mean to be negative, i just think England should be kicking themselves for not banging in more goals, they must set this right before Poland comes to England.

So Jose got his fine and touchline ban then. Basically - the fine is such a small amount of money - that's not gonna even bother him. But I can see him feeling pretty gutted deep down, that he's not gonna be stood at the bence for the 2 Munich games.

D'oh! said:
It would be good for England and United if he didn't become another Cantona, well maybe its too early to talk about that.

I must say that even though i want England to qualify and go far at the world cup, it would only take one slip up against Poland and they may regret not banging in more that 6 goals in these two games. One slip up against Poland could mean having to play France, Holland, Czech, Ireland, Greece in the playoffs if they get a rough draw. Unless they have already decided which groups runners up play each other, which i haven't heard about. I dont mean to be negative, i just think England should be kicking themselves for not banging in more goals, they must set this right before Poland comes to England.

Apparently the group with the 'highest scoring runners-up' will also avoid the play-offs. I think we'll be ok. We can win the rest of the games easily, and maybe a draw with Poland will be enough to see us thru in the top spot.

Ok, here we go again!

Arsenal 2-0 Norwich
Birmingham 1-1 Tottenham
Charlton 2-1 Man City
C Palace 1-0 Middlesbrough
Fulham 2-1 Portsmouth
Liverpool 1-0 Bolton
Man Utd 2-0 Blackburn
Newcastle 2-0 Aston Villa
Southampton 1-2 Chelsea
West Brom 1-0 Everton
Sheff Wed 2-1 Tranmere

Not been around much this week as I had long trips on Saturday and Wednesday, I should know better than to travel relatively long distances to follow England by now but still.
Could go off on all mighty rant but I'm not going to bother the only thing I will say is that I know of no team on earth where one incompetent man takes every single set piece. Of course Steven Gerrard or Frank lampard couldn't possibly be intrusted with the responsibility of taking a corner or a free kick at International level. I'd love to see the stats breakdown of how many goals from set pieces Chelsea and Liverpool have scored this season compared with Real Madrid. Mini rant over.
I'd better make sure I do better with this weeks Premier League scores. I seem to have predicted a lot of goals but I'm still learning.

Arsenal 3-1 Norwich
Birmingham 2-1 Tottenham
Charlton 1-0 Man City
C Palace 2-1 Middlesbrough
Fulham 2-0 Portsmouth
Liverpool 2-1 Bolton
Man Utd 1-0 Blackburn
Newcastle 2-0 Aston Villa
Southampton 1-3 Chelsea
West Brom 2-1 Everton
Sheff Wed 1-3 Tranmere

Well done on the chelsea score there Tarquin!

Fuckin hell, 0-0 at home to Blackburn!!:madspit:

Cant wait to see the Newcaslte highlights - their players sent off for fighting with EACH OTHER apparently!!:wink:

Aardvark747 said:
Well done on the chelsea score there Tarquin!

Fuckin hell, 0-0 at home to Blackburn!!:madspit:

Cant wait to see the Newcaslte highlights - their players sent off for fighting with EACH OTHER apparently!!:wink:

I think you got two spot on though, so well done you.
Blackburn comes as no surprise although I did think United would get a single goal. Blackburn are fast becoming the most hated side in the Premiership, they're violent, unpleasant (Savage and Dickov in the same side) and never go forward against the big teams.
United have to be wary of a repeat of last season. It's still half a million pounds a place. I fancy Liverpool even more for the final Champions League place but what about Newcastle? I think this sort of thing has been coming for ages, it's such a poorly run club.

I must update my sig. If Utd drop more points we may be able to win it at home against Arsenal I think! Otherwise it looks like it'll be at home against Fulham!

Last edited:
:laugh:

Fuck me - the Newcastle game was a classic!! What the hell did they think they were playing at?!
Bowyer looked like the man mainly at fault to me - but what do I know.
Dyer may have pissed in his bowl of rice at the training ground the day before or summat!!

I think we may as well hand out the trophy for first now,
it's a bit like the real Premiership.
(Could anyone be pursuded that we should stick to the Internationals only?)

5 points, that is so fucking disgraceful. You can be sure that the Satans were subjected to the 'hairdryer' treatment, and the captain now has a cut just above his eyebrow.........

Holy fuck, im watching highlights of the Newcastle game for the first time, and someone forgot to tell Dyer and Bowyer that Wrestlemania 21 was happening at Hollywood, not St.James Park!

Loony Toons:lol: , that was a funny headline. Espn's 'Fight Club' is way to predictable......

Looks like Bowyer WAS the main man to blame - he's facing a record fine of £200.000!
At last - a fine that might actually give the player something to think about! Good on Shepherd and Souness for the way they've dealt with the situation.
Will Bowyer be heading for the exit in the summer now I wonder? Gotta say, it seems likely. They'd be mad to get rid of Dyer I think - he was just starting to show some good form again too.
He'll be hoping that apology is enough for the fans - but I reckon he'll be in for some stick from them next time he plays - as he experienced after the Bobby Robson - 'not playing on the right wing' row.....the Geordie fans have long memories.

A shame that the game that should've really, been a celebration for Alan Shearer after his decision to play on another year - turned to a bad defeat, with incidents that are gonna leave a nasty taste in the mouth.

Ok this weeks fixtures are below!

Aston Villa v West Brom
Blackburn v Southampton
Bolton v Fulham
Chelsea v Birmingham
Everton v C Palace
Man City v Liverpool
Middlesbrough v Arsenal
Norwich v Man Utd
Portsmouth v Charlton
Tottenham v Newcastle
Accrington v Stevenage

Sorry havent been around much lately, very busy at work and I am off to Australia this Friday (8th) till 1st May so I was thinking I can either post the fixtures for the weeks I am away or do it from Australia? Am aware we are nearly at 500 posts again so might lose some. Might be best if I do it from OZ. Might be a bit of a delay calculating results etc so please bear with me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom