The New English Footy Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Party Boy said:

:madspit:

Your from a town called Capers? Isn't that a very small type of fish? Good with feta cheese/olives etc...

no i'm from and island called cape breton which is on the east coast of canada and the locals are called capers for short. :yes:

i wasn't sure at first whether i like the name or not but it's kinda growing on me....CAPER FC it is :D

Last edited:
*digs out atlas*...

Well, being called a caper is not the worst I guess! I'm from a town called Leixlip which is a wee bit difficult to abreviate into anything, so because I am from outside Dublin, I just get called a Culchie instead, like the rest of non-Dublin residents!

good luck finding it... but it is a very beatufiul place which everyone should visit sometime in thier life.

actually the island is mostly populated with irish and scottish immegrants and we have quite a rich celtic heritage here.

Last edited:
Aardvark747 said:

Well, I fucked up on all my score predictions I think! But UTD won so that's good!

I don't think I did very well either bloody Defoe cost me two points, damn Tottenham good for nothing.

Not a bad game at the Bridge and credit to Palace for not putting 11 men behind the ball all game (Tottenham, Man United, Liverpool, Everton, Aston Villa, Blackburn please take note).

To be honest Palace didn't look a bad outfit at times apart from occassional comedy defending (I couldn't cheer our third goal today I was too busy laughing, reminded me of Le Tissier's a few years ago agains Taibi at Cold Trafford)

Aardvark747 said:
Tarquin - where have u already seen the highlights?! I know Sky show stuff before MOTD, but not yet surely?!

Sorry, I went to the game, I'm a Season Ticket holder.
I think Sky start showing at 2030 don't they? And then their highlights for every game start at 2230 and go on until about 0330 I think.

aardvark, i guess your man utd fan right? i've seen them in milan, i was hoping they'd have won, but 0-1 0-1 and out. actually i have the feeling united is becoming weaker, i don't know, what do you think? maybe time for sir alex to go?

bono_man2002 said:
Is the ol'Divsion 1 talk Allowed in here.....
Looks like good old Sunderland are coming back up this year! :dance:

Good to see it being referred to as Division One. Not a subject I am an expert on but I go and watch Reading now and again, so fire away. I tipped Sunderland to go up last year so I'm not that surprised to see them up there especially as it is often the case that the club who get robbed in the Playoffs go up the following year.

Some important questions raised by today's games:
Do we think Liverpool are now favourites for the final Champions League place?
Will Villa ever beat Birmingham?
And what does happen to Middlesbrough after they've played in Europe?

babyman said:
aardvark, i guess your man utd fan right? i've seen them in milan, i was hoping they'd have won, but 0-1 0-1 and out. actually i have the feeling united is becoming weaker, i don't know, what do you think? maybe time for sir alex to go?

The Milan games were not good, that's true. But i've still got faith in Fergie, even tho others havent. People are saying he doesnt make good choices in new players anymore. But *cough* - Rooney / Heinze this season, both fantastic buys. And with Ronaldo developing, and Giggsy just about to sign a 3 yr deal, we'll be back next season. As will Sir Alex. Hopefully to reclaim the title. Tho the 1 thing we DO lack, is a decent keeper.
If only Chelsea would let us have Cudicini!!! Or Italy's own Buffon.....:drool:

First week results....

Despite protestations, aardvark had a very formidalbe weekened of predictions. I feel a little guilty.. actually, I dont. Have counted and verified the weeks results and the following standings after the first week are as follows (p.s. remember its a marathon not a sprint!)

Am drunk while adding these up, but am sure they are accurate. Drop me a line - andy_hudson@fastmail.fm if any queries. Btw ,name is Andy - nice to meet you all! More are welcome to join!!!

Capers FC - dont panic.... lots can happen between now and end of season....

Pathetico Bling Bling FC 13
Aardvark Devils 11
Hell's Satans 7
Yertle FC 7
Quack, Quack, Bang, Bang 6
Capers FC 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom