The New English Footie Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
'Allo 'Allo, whats been going on here since I've been gone?

good start for us in the champs league... 2-1... without Stevie... he's a lovable guy... boomer would agree.

uwwedoogie said:
'Allo 'Allo, whats been going on here since I've been gone?

good start for us in the champs league... 2-1... without Stevie... he's a lovable guy... boomer would agree.

xoxo missed ya lovie.

I think it was funnier when Tom Repka got sent off in the Wet Spam relegation season. Can't remember who it was against, it was a similar situation though;

*Ref brandishes yellow card*
*Repka argues*
*Ref tells Repka to shut up*
*Repka argues a bit more*
*Ref produces a second yellow*

I looked up the incident, it was away against Fulham three years ago.

What makes it even stupider is the first yellow for Tommy Repka was for dissent AFTER West Ham got a goal kick.

He's been sent off four times; the last time against PNE earlier this year. He gets an absurd number of yellow cards though.

And before you think I'm some kind of Repka-nut, I just used soccerbase.com

[q]Prince William to become FA President

By Martyn Herman

LONDON, Sept 16 (Reuters) - Prince William, grandson of Britain's Queen Elizabeth, will become the new president of the Football Association, the FA announced on Friday.

William will succeed his uncle Prince Andrew, the Duke of York, next May although as president-designate until next year's Cup final on May 13 he will support the Duke in his duties.

"I am really excited to be taking up this role," Prince William told the FA website. "Football is a game I love playing and watching. It is also the national sport and generates extraordinary passions among millions of people.

"It certainly did last year for me when I followed England with my friends during Euro 2004, and will no doubt do so again next summer during the World Cup in Germany.

"Over the next few months I look forward to getting to know the FA well with the help of my uncle, and to understanding better the role the organisation plays in promoting the game at all levels."

FA DELIGHTED

FA chairman Geoff Thompson met Prince William and FA chief executive Brian Barwick on Friday to discuss his new role and the issues facing English soccer's governing body as well as the game as a whole at home and internationally.

After the meeting held at Clarence House, Thompson said: "Everyone at The FA is delighted that Prince William has agreed to be our next president.

"In 2000 the FA asked the Duke of York to take the role for five years. He has done a terrific job for which we are enormously grateful," he added in praise of the role played by the queen's second son after Prince Charles.

"Prince William's enthusiasm for football both as a player and a fan is well known and we believe his presidency will prove a great asset to the national sport," said Thompson.

The FA statement said the governing body was grateful for the support it had long received from the Royal Family.

"Our meeting today confirmed our belief that Prince William will uphold that tradition, and we know his appointment will be enthusiastically supported by everybody connected with the FA and with football in this country," said an FA statement. [/q]

liverpool is really a team i can never understand.............it's centuries that they don't win the premier. every year the same speaking about their competitiveness and look there, 6 games played, already more than 10 points under! and last year they won the champions league (actually without knowing how, only milan knows....!) and they arrived 40 points under chelsea!:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom