The New English Footie Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aardvark747 said:
"Pires steps up for what seems to be an inevitable outcome....Pires.....OH WHAT'S HE DONE?! WHAT ON EARTH HAS HE DONE?!!

:dancing:

I presume we are talking about the first penalty? If so, the answer would be ----- He's Scored!!!

The second one? victory was never in doubt so I persume, the entertainer that he is, he wanted to create a little talking point...

Distin? Sour grapes... Football needs a little entertainment and something different. I think everyone wants to see that rather than a second rate centre back moaning etc.

Anyways, I think we need a few more smilies so I can really show what I think of Distin...

babyman said:
I don´t have followed Premiership this week, what has Pires done?

Arsenal won 1-0 against Man City on Saturday. The goal was scored by Pires from the penalty spot. About 10 minutes later, Arsenal got a 2nd penalty. Instead of shooting directly, he attempted to pass to Henry who was running into the box at high speed. However, Pires cocked up the pass and the ball barely moved. As a penalty taker can only touch the ball once (to touch it a 2nd time, there needs to be another player who touches it first), therefore pires could not shoot again. The ref incorrectly thougth Pires touched the ball twice and gave a free out.

All quite comical...

Party Boy said:

Arsenal won 1-0 against Man City on Saturday. The goal was scored by Pires from the penalty spot. About 10 minutes later, Arsenal got a 2nd penalty. Instead of shooting directly, he attempted to pass to Henry who was running into the box at high speed. However, Pires cocked up the pass and the ball barely moved. As a penalty taker can only touch the ball once (to touch it a 2nd time, there needs to be another player who touches it first), therefore pires could not shoot again. The ref incorrectly thougth Pires touched the ball twice and gave a free out.

All quite comical...

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

:lmao:

Now I understand Aardvark´s irony.........................

well i was just letting you know that it's worth buying because......Inter are the best team on the game! aardvark can argue all he likes but Inter are the best

adriano and recoba:rockon:

villa aren't very good on it though:(

well i guess he thinks man u are the best!

anyway this is the formation i use: 3-5-2

Toldo

Cordoba Samuel Mihilovic

Cambiasso

Figo Veron Kily Gonzalez

Recoba

Martins Adriano

nobody beats this bad boy team!
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

1stepcloser said:
well i guess he thinks man u are the best!

anyway this is the formation i use: 3-5-2

Toldo

Cordoba Samuel Mihilovic

Cambiasso

Figo Veron Kily Gonzalez

Recoba

Martins Adriano

nobody beats this bad boy team!
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Wow! I Would love this kind of formation, (maybe except of Kily Gonzalez) Recoba, Martins, Adriano together would let the world shake! But "Mancio" ( our manager, Mancini, Mancio is how he used to be called when he was player. Still his nickname)
sees it different
:rockon:
:wink:

How about the overall level of the players, who has more skill?
But there´s a mistake in your formation, 1step.......................
I miss our captain, our grandious captain...................
Javier Zanetti!
Is he bad on that game? Worst than Mihaijlovic?
Is it possible??

thats's the thing. in real life i would probably use a different formation and different players. but on this game their ratings make a big difference.

Zanetti isn't that good for some reason. i think he's great but on PE5 he isn't that good so there isn't any room for him in the team sadly. and mihilovic is quite good (his free kicks are ace).

i beat AC Milan last night with this team 1-0 (martins scored) :rockon:

Dalton said:
How is Veron playing this year?

He´s not making any grandiousness, he´s playing neither good or bad, we´re still waiting that he carries the midfield on like he´s used to.
But he must play as the only playmaker in midfield, Mancini tried twice to let him play together with Pizarro, the first time against Palermo, but he played on the right, the 2nd against Fc Porto, both in the middle............
Results?
Complete disasters!
2-3 and 0-2 crap
Anyway, the agreement with Figo is on its way to grow up, this 2 are able to make great things together

Back
Top Bottom