The NEW and improved English Football Thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bloody hell 1-1 , i'll settle for that:|

oh dear the commentator has just muttered those immortal words..

"i dont think we will be threatened with relagation this year"

now where have i heard that before?????

The relegated teams didn't do too well in the Championship did they! I went to see Plymouth at Reading and how Plymouth won that I've no idea, Reading absolutely battered them in the second half, still it's not all decided on the opening weekend is it.

Eliv8 said:
Arsenal Vs Chelsea? Who cares? They will both finish below United at the end of the season.

Yeah right of course United were SO close to finshing above them both last year and are SO much stronger now.

Jesus it felt like I went round every pub in my town yesterday before I found one that was showing the Saints match instead of the bloody cricket!:mad:

And what a boring game it was anyway, championship football sucks:sad:

Aardvark747 said:

Post of the month:yes:

Not quite sure what it is based on though, I can see no reason for optimism at United, the best I think they can hope for is to finish fourth, unless they spend a lot of money over the next couple of weeks.

babyman said:
chelsea still the best, i don't see any other team to win the premier

AMEN!!!!

we finally beat the arse 2-1 and won the community sheild. drogs got well taken 2 goals :shocked: and wenger is off whining again about crespo time wasting and that this doesn't matter that they lost cause it's only a firendly after all. :yawn:

whatever...it's a great start to the season. can't wait to see the wigan game next week....that is if they fucking well show it here in canada. :scream:

but if they don't show it i'll definately be catching the man utd v everton match. should definately be a good one. :yes:

Mark Fish has joined Ipswich on loan; he's responsible for one of my favourite headlines ever when he got sent off playing for Charlton some time ago:

Fish off the menu.

Genius, that.

Some smart-arse on a messageboard I lurk at was trying to get an Ipswich Fish XI...

Mike Salmon
Mark Fish
Paul Mariner
Jim Ma-Gill-ton
Mitch d'Av-Ray
Liam Trout-er
John McGr-eel
John Scales

Aardvark747 said:

You might aswell start supporting us now then eh?:wink:

U know u want to really...:drool:

over my dead body. although there is a slightly better chance of that happening than me supporting arsenal. :shrug: :lol: :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom