The National

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ronnie269

Refugee
I discoverd "The National" a couple of months ago,
and now after hearing 4 albums and 2 live shows,
I can honestly say they are my fav band atm!

I would recomend anyone who hasent heard them yet to do so,
esp the albums "Alligator" & "Boxer"! and if you can catch a live show they are truly breathtaking!

Anbody else feel the way I do?

Saw them open for Arcade Fire, it was excellent. I'm not as big a fan of Boxer as everyone else here is, but it's still a very good album.

I was going to complain about people not using "search", then I used it and it didn't pull up even a single one of the 5 to 10 threads that have been made about The National over the last 4 or 5 years.

Honestly, why is search so shoddy? Why am I paying for search to not work? Go team.

Saw them open for Arcade Fire, it was excellent. I'm not as big a fan of Boxer as everyone else here is, but it's still a very good album.

My jealously knows no bounds right now.

I was going to complain about people not using "search", then I used it and it didn't pull up even a single one of the 5 to 10 threads that have been made about The National over the last 4 or 5 years.

Honestly, why is search so shoddy? Why am I paying for search to not work? Go team.

I think it only picks up on tags or something now.

Well that's shite.

In related news, I've forgiven Boxer for some of its sins since watching the terrible A Skin, A Night film. We were lucky they even released an album and didn't just break up, which would have been even more disheartening for me after Alligator than Boxer was.

I discoverd "The National" a couple of months ago,
and now after hearing 4 albums and 2 live shows,
I can honestly say they are my fav band atm!

I would recomend anyone who hasent heard them yet to do so,
esp the albums "Alligator" & "Boxer"! and if you can catch a live show they are truly breathtaking!

Anbody else feel the way I do?

In short, yes.

Discovered them at ACL last year, absolutely brilliant love Secret Meeting, Start A War, Abel, Brainy, of course About Today, the live version from the Virgnia EP is amazing!

Discovered them last year just prior to Boxer, and they've slowly been getting better and better, I think Boxer slightly edges out Alligator because of its increasingly creative instrumentation. I got to see them right up front in a small club during their headlining tour last fall, and should have seen them open for R.E.M. but I was a tad late. They've become one of my favorites over the past 18 months or so, and they really are quite different from everything out there.

sm-giggle.gif

Great band. I love the last two albums. I've heard some of their older stuff, but haven't picked it up yet. I can't wait for more from them.

Seriously though, it does need to get fixed. How many new threads have we had just in the past week about bands we've all discussed hundreds of times prior (but search can't find a single one of those threads...)?

I'd much rather read some of the old Alligator threads, as it still pisses me off that everyone jumped on board with the weakest thing they've done since their debut. Oh well, I'd probably like it more if it was the first thing of theirs I had heard as well.

Yeah. I fell in love with the National when I first heard Boxer. They are a great band. I would love to see them liv.e

Of course, this forum could always use more National and Sun Kil Moon threads. Better that than Coldplay.

Seriously though, it does need to get fixed. How many new threads have we had just in the past week about bands we've all discussed hundreds of times prior (but search can't find a single one of those threads...)?

I'd much rather read some of the old Alligator threads, as it still pisses me off that everyone jumped on board with the weakest thing they've done since their debut. Oh well, I'd probably like it more if it was the first thing of theirs I had heard as well.

"The National" is hard to run through a search. Even when limited to B&C, it yields a ton of results, none of which is a relevant thread. Someone suggested updated the tags on the old threads... that would probably help :sexywink:

I'd heard a few gems from Alligator prior to the latest release but I didn't become a hardcore
rockon.gif
stalkerfan until I heard Boxer. So suck it.

You both should suck it.

I came to the National recently, and, love them. I don't give a fuck who likes Alligator or Boxer better, both are great albums to me.

Some asswipe poster once chastised for calling The National "new", he was all "you know they have a few albums out, right????" and I was all "they're NEW to ME, jerk" and then U2popscumbo said something like "oh".

You both should suck it.

I came to the National recently, and, love them. I don't give a fuck who likes Alligator or Boxer better, both are great albums to me.

Some asswipe poster once chastised for calling The National "new", he was all "you know they have a few albums out, right????" and I was all "they're NEW to ME, jerk" and then U2popscumbo said something like "oh".

Oh.

NOoooooooooooo keep that out of this thread, its scary enough in the reading thread, where we discuss actual literature.

It r teh goodest book EVAR!!1!1

Wait! You people read..... and discuss literature? There are many places on interference I have yet to indulge. So I was "reading" through some old Onion items last night ( I function at a high level), and came across this one. Lifelong Love Affair With Music Ends At Age 35 | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

I sympathize with this guy and, unfortunately, feel like this more frequently as I get older. :sad:

p.s. The National is groovy.

Checkout the main Lemonade Stand forum, Reading is Sexy, usually great literary musings/recommendations.

As a clarification, while I do read, I have never actually read Twilight.

And barlowdog, that article was sad.

Back
Top Bottom