The National

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Three, and, forgive me for not commenting on your avatar before now. Wow.

I couldn't decide between this:

51etB5TgUAL._SS400_.jpg

or this:

Why.jpg

There are a lot of great Why? pictures.

Ahhh, good. I figured as much. Perhaps I should read the thread.

EDIT: I read it just now! Yeah, oneblood was talking about his drinking on stage just like two pages ago. My bad. She also said that "he had a bottle of wine to himself." Which is cool because there is another frontman I know of that drinks at least one bottle of wine by himself at every single show his band plays.

I feel that's a good way to go for a performer because, first of all, taking pulls from a wine bottle is fun. And drinking one bottle of wine over a two hour stretch is not going to get you anywhere near incoherent but you'll probably get a nice little buzz goin.

:lol: Yep. It was fun to watch for sure. And quite clear that by the end of the show he was feeling good. But, I mean, it was never to the point where he was fucking up lyrics or melodies or anything like that, he was just more, shall we say, ambitious and unleashed. Alcohol also loosens the vocal cords, making it easier to hit a larger range of notes, as my musician friend pointed out to me the day after when I told him about it, so there's a semi-practical reason for it, I guess.

Alligator is my new favorite hangover album. Unbelievable.

Without warm water in my head
All I see is black and white and red
I feel mechanical and thin
Hear me play my violin again

And I posted about this in the Random Musics thread but I'm probably going to be seeing these guys on September 12th...the Saturday before U2's second Chicago gig. So, yeah, that could turn out to be an interesting weekend. I'm Mr. September.

Lyrically, Alligator is superior to Boxer. I'll at least give it that.

Oh good, you decided to go. This is your first time, no?

Is there any way to retitle this thread? This one makes me not want to like the band.

Doesn't "The National discussion" or "The National" make more sense?

Or "THE NASH! Discussion." Whatever.

Lyrically, Alligator is superior to Boxer. I'll at least give it that.

Oh good, you decided to go. This is your first time, no?

Is there any way to retitle this thread? This one makes me not want to like the band.

Yeah, I'm goin. Will be my first time. THE NASH! for $18 > THE COCK! for $1,675

I think the thread title should just be The National.

Does anyone have the Cherry Tree EP?

Physically or in general? I've got it on my laptop, but I don't own it yet (hoping to win an eBay auction for it on vinyl, but that's another story). It's awesome, check it out. "All the Wine" is on there, but the other songs are new/not found on other stuff. "About Today" is a favorite National song of mine, as well as "Wasp's Nest" and "All Dolled-Up in Straps."

Their live cover of "Mansion on the Hill" does not get enough praise. Holy shit.

I'd love to hear them do a re-do of all of Nebraska, actually.

That's a Live version, the studio version is on the Cherry Tree EP,
Both are incredible tho!!!!

I didnt realize there was a studio version until i read the recent posts in this thread, but it didnt sound like Phillyfan had heard it at all, so I figured the Virginia EP might be a little more accessible. I had always thought it was a live only tune, sort of like True Love Waits by Radiohead. It seems like a song that belongs in a live setting though. But I really have to listen to the studio version. Thanks for the info :up:

NSW is correct. On both accounts. :(

Ha, and I'm coming around to Alligator. I still like Boxer more, I feel it has a more distinctive, coherent sound and isn't as stereotypically indietastic, but Alligator has some fantastic tunes.

When the fuck is the new album coming out? It's been 2 1/2 years now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom