"The Musical Acts That Make us Want to Puke" + bands we hate thread (merged)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
stories didn't offend me either

but i'm not letting anything offend me in this thread. not even "andrew wk :barf:". go bash the clash if you want (hey that rhymed).

IWasBored said:
sorry dsmith that you were the one that reminded me of this...

henry fucking rollins. although i'm not sure whether i hate him fo his awful attempt at music, or because of his spokenb word bullshit.

oh, and you know what? i hate aerosmith. and i don't like led zeppelin, i can't stand plant's voice. kiss suck, but that sort of goes without saying...i guess it doesn't, but i dislike them.

It's okay, no worries, I know I'm sort of by myself in my love of Hank in the U2 community. Different strokes, I mean there are people who like Oasis!!

And please people, you don't need to respond to my post and talk about how Rollins said this, this and this about U2, I already know. Thanks.

My list is so long!

Creed
J-Lo
Brittney Spears
Nickleback
Matchbox 20
Train
Goo Goo Dolls
John Mayer
Limp Bizkit
Eminem
Justin Timberlake
Good Charlotte, Sum 41, Avril Lavigne and all the other "mall punk" artists
50 Cent
Nelly
and last but not least Bon Jovi - these guys have been annoying me with their crap music for almost 20 years now!

Alright, I'm jumping into the fray.

I absolutely despise:

Creed (don't we all? :wink: )
Dream Theater
Aerosmith
Limp Bizkit
Jennifer Lopez (learn to sing, then put out a record! :angry: )
Jimmy Buffett
Alanis Morrissette
Whitney Houston
Billy Joel
Most 'adult contemporary' (Michael Bolton et al.)
A good deal of country music
A lot of 'classic rock' (I once quit a job because they made us listen to the classic rock station over the p.a.)

:hmm: So many I'm leaving off, I'm sure...

the word 'fray' brings 'the rocky road to dublin' to mind. funny how that sort of thing happens. i considered starting a thread in here called 'wierd-ass song associations' but then realised it would probably just be me sitting here mentioning every little word that gets a son stuck in my head. and beleive me folks, that's a scary list.

HeartlandGirl said:

I absolutely despise:

Most 'adult contemporary' (Michael Bolton et al.)

BOLTON!!!!!!

iammike2.jpg

hahahaha, mofo. i knew that joke was coming. you can smell those no-talent ass-clowns a mile off. or however many miles it is to utah...

IWasBored said:
hahahaha, mofo. i knew that joke was coming. you can smell those no-talent ass-clowns a mile off. or however many miles it is to utah...

Speaking of which......is that you I smell....????!!!!!!!!!!

:wink: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HeartlandGirl said:

I absolutely despise:

Dream Theater

For a band that isn't mainstream, you hate them that much? :(
I'm not really that into them but they have a couple of good tunes, and they are awesome musicians (except the singer, yea he sucks).

Radiohead
Coldplay
The Strokes
The Verve
The White Stripes
RHCP (later stuff)
Good Charlotte
The new Black Eyed Peas (like RHCP the older stuff is ok)
All if not most Boy Bands
Pop Divas

-Creed, I wouldn't even mind so much, if their songs weren't overplayed so damn much. I mean, I've never been a huge fan of them from the start, but it's even worse when they get overplayed.

-Also agree with Good Charlotte and Simple Plan and Linkin Park and other bands like that-I see other teens out there gushing over them, and...I'm just not seeing the big interest. They do nothing for me. But hey, whatever floats those people's boats.

-Uncle Kracker. "Follow Me" I don't mind, but...I swear to god, if I hear "Drift Away" ONE...MORE...TIME...

Jesus, I'm dead serious about this, one night my sister was looking around for a station to listen to on the radio, and one station was just ending that song, and we kept flipping, and another station was just starting it, and then, like, three or four other stations we caught had it playing, too! It's like, okay, people, his version of the song isn't that great. I realized too that I can't listen to the original the same way anymore. I hear Uncle Kracker's version of it instead. :barf: :grumpy: :scream:.

His song "In A Little While" also got played to death as well.

-Train. "Calling All Angels" has to be one of the most annoying songs I've ever heard. Never cared much for that band.

-Pink. I still can't listen to "Don't Let Me Get Me"-always turn the volume down when that song comes on a station. That's another song that got extremely overplayed.

-P. Diddy. He seems like such a cocky guy, and he can't seem to try and do something original-practically every single one of his songs samples something else.

-All the "guy groups" (because I hate the label "boy band"-Hanson were the only people who had the right to call themselves a "boy band") and Jessica Simpson and Britney and them (especially Jessica, after checking out that "Newlyweds" show...but that's a whole other story).

-Disco artists. I am not a fan of disco by any means-just not my type of music.

-Justin Timberlake. He is the type of guy that irritates me to no end. In his songs, he acts like he's just so cool.

-Also must agree with Michael Bolton. :crack:.

-Michael Jackson. With the exception of two or three songs, I have never cared for his music. It does nothing for me.

-J. Lo

-Whitney Houston

-John Mayer...he does nothing for me, either. Seems like a nice guy and all, but I just can't get into his music.

-50 Cent

And yes, Henry Rollins, too. He bugs me, too.

I'll stop there for now.

Angela

Bunbury said:

For a band that isn't mainstream, you hate them that much? :(
I'm not really that into them but they have a couple of good tunes, and they are awesome musicians (except the singer, yea he sucks).

Yes, sorry, I hate Dream Theater. You're right that they're fantastic musicians, but I find their music overly polished and masturbatory. And you're right that the singer leaves a lot to be desired.

My husband and I nearly get divorced every time he tries to make me listen to them. This is what I look like when he puts on one of their CDs---> :rant:

Last edited:
u2popmofo said:

Speaking of which......is that you I smell....????!!!!!!!!!!

:wink: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nope. must be cujo. i bathe slightly more frequently than he does. sometimes the winds do some strange thing where the smells coming from canadaenter utah at an angle more from the u.s. east coast...that might have been the case. i blame the huricaane.

::cracks knuckles::

Creed
Mariah Carey
Whitney Houston
Train
Nickelback
Avril Lavigne
Good Charlotte
Simple Plan
Sum 41
Britney Spears
Christina Aguilera
Backstreet Boys/NSync
Justin Timberlake
Henry Rollins
John Mayer
Limp Bizkit
3 Doors Down
Staind
Michael Bolton
Phil Collins
Puff Daddy (I refuse to refer to the moron as P. Diddy)
Tatu
Dreamstreet (possibly the sorriest excuse for a boyband, ever)
Jessica Simpson

There's probably a million more I could add, but that covers it for now. :p

Creed
rap music in general
Dave Matthews Band
Uncle Kracker
Train
boy bands
Britney
Radiohead

lol

I agree 105% about DT

Anyway...

Skrewdriver - OK, this is going to sound horribly stupid, because generally you'd want to judge bands on musical merit, but I completely refuse to listen to Skrewdriver merely for their political outlook.
Matchbox 20
Hundred Reasons
Starsailor (sorry meggie)
Muse (sorry all)
Nelly
most 'classic rock'
dave matthews
matchbox 20
linkin park

Skrewdriver - OK, this is going to sound horribly stupid, because generally you'd want to judge bands on musical merit, but I completely refuse to listen to Skrewdriver merely for their political outlook.

i have to say i agree with that as well.

oh I haven't finished!

Creed
Limp Bizkit
Adema
Korn
Cold
Hoobastank
Evanescence (singer has a fairly good voice though, just crap songs)
prog-rock in general
Rollins
Good Charlotte
Sum 41
Blink 182
Simple Plan
Less Than Jake
The Ataris
Bowling For Soup
Nickelback
Celine Dion
Michael Bolton