The most experimental/'out there' songs EVER! - Best of the Best!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Screendoor said:

"Stabbed in the Face"-Wolf Eyes

anything by Wolf Eyes

anything by Lightning Bolt
anything by Don Caballero
anything by An Albatross

ok, I have to stop

financeguy said:
I second Layton's recomm. regarding MBV, and would also suggest The Future Sound of London for those interested in ambient sounds a little bit outside the mainstream, espec. the following albums:-

(1) Accelerator (1992)
(2) Life Forms (1994)
(3) Dead Cities (1996)
Accelerator is an album that kicks all kinds of ass!

Lifeforms is a great work too, and I've always been moved by the song "Domain".

Delerium's album "Semantic Spaces" certainly deserves more recognition than it ever got.

Magician Among The Spirits, by The Church, always struck me as quite an unusual song too, and I've always loved listening to it.

Radiohead - Idioteque
The Beatles - Tomorrow Never Knows

For its time, it was VERY experimental. The blue print for the Chemical Brothers in 1966.

UberBeaver said:
The Pixies (the whole library).

I was thinking of mentioning the Pixies, but in a way it's the lyrics rather than the music that are 'out there'.

Re: Re: Re: Re: The most experimental/'out there' songs EVER! - Best of the Best!

Layton said:

Trust me, if you've really never given MBV a try you are going to get an education. Don't mean that in a mean way, but the Loveless album is full of spectral soundscapes that I think make RH and PF look meek in that department. Get back to me when you've given Loveless a few spins. It's truly the most innovative rock album of the '90's.

Good call on MBV..big influence on U2 in the '90s weren't they? and I agree they are far more innovative than Radiohead..they definitely created their own distinctive sound and found new guitar sounds while still making great songs.

Back
Top Bottom