The most disturbing commercial ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lmao: They are pretty weird looking. And the sounds they make!! I think they're just some kind of cartoon though.

They're the rathergood.com guys.

I think the most disturbing commercial ever is the anti-smoking one they show here in the UK about clogged arteries where they show this disgusting thick, yellow fat coming out of people's cigarettes. :yuck: I guess it's pretty effective, though. :up:

omg i remember when i first saw the new quizno's commercial i was like :yikes:

i don't much like quizno's anyway and those things made me want to eat there even less. they freak me out.

My sister LOVES those guys...she makes us replay the commercials with TIVO. She covets one of the rathergood.com shirts.

I still prefer the Viking Kittens.

A friend and I were just talking about that commercial today.
Those things look like something your afraid you'll find there under the table while your eating , those stiff little legs at the side. The commercial really grosses me out. :yuck:

The quiznos things (rathergood.com) look slightly uglier than the rodent in ABEL's signature.

I like when rathergood kittens did the song! I think we've had four threads with them.

meegannie said:

I think the most disturbing commercial ever is the anti-smoking one they show here in the UK about clogged arteries where they show this disgusting thick, yellow fat coming out of people's cigarettes. :yuck: I guess it's pretty effective, though. :up:

You'd have loved this ad that was aired over here back in the 80's. There was 2 versions of it, one with a woman going to light up a cigarette and a large fish hook came out the filter end and hooked itself in her lip. The other was an edited one (due to public outcry ironically) and there was a small black square covering the hook instead. Infact, our government went on a massive anti smoking campaign back then, as another good one was 10 Pin Bowling with the Grim Reaper.
:up:

I KNEW this thread was going to be about the quiznos things :lol:

I freaking cant stand that commercial. I mute it everytime it comes on :|

its been 3 years since i've watched tv on a regular basis. so when i clicked on that link im thinking omg how scary. guess im not missing much lol...

those commercials are hilarious!!! now if we really wanna talk disturbing, let's talk about the glad commercial with mario batali. my two least favourite people (the glad girl and mario batali) in one commercial? :yikes:

meegannie said:

I hate those ones and the car ones

Theres one here with the guy from Hollyoaks on it, and then there is another one with the man who is drunk and crashes into a fence and across the fence is a little boy who is hit and killed by the car. its really horrific, there are also new ads out now with ppl texting each other and not watching the road. They are effective but I really hate watching them.

meegannie said:

:yuck: I've never actually understood why anyone starts smoking when they know all the health risks that go with it, but I think that commercial should be enough to put anyone off smoking forever. That one where they show a patient struggling to breath and with oxygen canisters and tubes all over her house is really powerful too. Scary stuff. :(

Lara Mullen said:

I hate those ones and the car ones

Theres one here with the guy from Hollyoaks on it, and then there is another one with the man who is drunk and crashes into a fence and across the fence is a little boy who is hit and killed by the car. its really horrific, there are also new ads out now with ppl texting each other and not watching the road. They are effective but I really hate watching them.

That one with the guy in a car and the little girl riding a bike is really scary too. It has these little captions that come up like "you only had two drinks" "you were fine to drive home" and then the final scene it just goes black and you hear this crash sound. :sad: I hope it's effective though.

FizzingWhizzbees said:

:yuck: I've never actually understood why anyone starts smoking when they know all the health risks that go with it, but I think that commercial should be enough to put anyone off smoking forever. That one where they show a patient struggling to breath and with oxygen canisters and tubes all over her house is really powerful too. Scary stuff. :(

One of Sam's friends finally quit smoking after seeing the commercials. :up: I think they're really well-done, as opposed to the stupid anti-smoking ones in the US that made me WANT to smoke just because they were so obnoxious. :mad:

meegannie said:

One of Sam's friends finally quit smoking after seeing the commercials. :up: I think they're really well-done, as opposed to the stupid anti-smoking ones in the US that made me WANT to smoke just because they were so obnoxious. :mad:

Ugh, I know. The money they spend on those ridiculous ads could be better spent on cancer research or something.

Alot of my friends think they are "edgy" and "effective" but I would light up a whole pack of cigarettes if I ever came across them filming one...and I don't smoke.

:hmm:

how about foster farm wannabe chickens checking in for a flu shot.

or the slogan: "no mad cows in california."

:yikes:

OMG when I first saw it I couldn't stop laughing...my fiance thought I was on something but they're just so funny!...he's like they're potato chips...i'm like I dunno but they're funny

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom