The Mole returns!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VintagePunk

Blue Crack Distributor
I used to love this show in the early 00's! It was where I first became aware of the delightfully snarky but warm and endearing Anderson Cooper, when he hosted the first two seasons. I even watching the (relatively) crappy celebrity seasons that Ahmad Rashad hosted. I'd heard they were finally doing a new season, but didn't hear any details till tonight, when I saw a commercial for it. It's starting next Monday, June 2nd at 10 pm on ABC.

Can't wait! :hyper:

This is from Wikipedia:

Rules summary

* Ten players - all strangers. Nine contestants, and one "Mole" (whose identity is kept secret from all the other players and the viewing audience).
* The players participate in various tests (games, physical challenges, puzzles, etc.) to try to earn money to a cash pot, up to a maximum of $1,000,000. The mole's duty is to sabotage the games, and prevent money from being added to the pot, while avoiding, or deflecting suspicion.
* Each episode, the players take a 20-question quiz about the identity of the mole. The player who answers the fewest questions correctly (or in case of a tie, finishes the test the slowest), is "executed" and must leave the game immediately.
* Each episode, one player is executed until only three players remain. Two contestants, and the mole. The player who scores the highest on the final quiz wins the game, and the entire accumulated cash pot.

It also takes place in various cities around the world, and the puzzles and challanges have to do with landmarks, or cultural things that reflect the area they're in. In that way, some of the puzzles and challenges are similar to The Amazing Race's, but this show has more of a mystery element to it, because the goal is the discover the identity of The Mole. It's a really clever show, probably my favourite reality show of all time.

I dont know if I've watched it before but the previews sure look good. I think I might just have to watch.

Best reality show. The most intelligent, the most intense. The Aussie version of the show, which looks as if it's day is done, ran bertween 2000 and 2005 and was brilliant. Top show.

I used to watch this show...until they did Celebrity Mole. That was awful, I'm pretty didn't bother watching beyond checking out the first episode.

If they are back to just using regular people, I'd be interested in watching...but 10:00p.m.? That's when I usually go to bed..........

:reject:

I've heard of the show but never watched it. I've seen the previews for the up-coming season and it looks good so I am planning to watch it. I've been going nuts since several of my regular shows have come to an end. It will be refreshing to have something new and exciting to watch and to look forward to :up:

wow, I do agree, and I've only seen the original versions (don't even remember if it were 2 or 3 seasons)
But I am proud to be able to say this is a Belgian concept. (don't know if wikipedia mentions that :uhoh: )

I knew it started internationally, but didn't know it originated in Belgium. Yay Belgians!

I used to watch this show...until they did Celebrity Mole. That was awful, I'm pretty didn't bother watching beyond checking out the first episode.

If they are back to just using regular people, I'd be interested in watching...but 10:00p.m.? That's when I usually go to bed..........

:reject:

Yup, looks like this one is going to be regular people. :drool: Although the celebrity one did have funny elements - Corbin Bernsen's paranoia, and Stephen Baldwin messing with him. :lol: They were so good together that they had them back for the second celebrity edition. Kathy Griffin was funny on the first one, too.

Looks like John Kelley, a former Extra anchor will be the host. I'm not familiar with him at all, but I hope he's good. Because the hosts have so much interaction with the players on this show, they make a big difference.

How ironic, I was just talking about this show a couple of days ago saying that they should bring it back. Those celebrity ones with Baldwin and Bernsen were hilarious....love those guys.

How ironic, I was just talking about this show a couple of days ago saying that they should bring it back. Those celebrity ones with Baldwin and Bernsen were hilarious....love those guys.

I used to love watching those. Maybe one of the only "reality TV" shows I ever enjoyed watching.

Rudy Huxtable turned out to be a real bitch, too.

Oh yaaaaa.....forgot she was on it! This seems like years ago when it was on.

It had to be around '02 or '03 when the last one was on.

The best part was seeing the acting credits of the "celebs" and seeing Corbin Bernsen and Stephen Baldwin put previous versions of Celebrity Mole on there - that's why I love the C-list.

Yay! Ok, I'm not as excited as if Survivor was starting but this is awesome.

Tonight ABC, Citytv(Canada) 10/9c

Dubbed television's smartest reality show, ABC is bringing back "The Mole," featuring all-new missions, locations and music, plus online and mobile interactivity, enabling more viewer participation during the 10 episodes. Jon Kelley ("Extra," "The National Sports Report," "Baseball Today") is host.

"The Mole" follows a group of 12 players as they try to figure out who among them is The Mole, a saboteur trying to keep them from winning money. Players must decide who they think The Mole is and then learn as much about him or her as they can, because, at the end of each one-hour episode, the player who knows the least about The Mole is immediately eliminated from the game. In the final dramatic episode, The Mole is revealed and one of two final players wins a substantial cash prize.

"The Mole," based on the hit Belgian format, will be produced by Stone & Company Entertainment. The original series, produced by Stone Stanley Entertainment, was hosted by Anderson Cooper.

Host info - The Mole - Host and Contestant Bios - ABC.com

I was sorry to see Marcie go right away, she seemed really nice.

I hope that Nicole isn't the mole, I don't want her to stick around all season. :mad:

The new host John Kelley is beyond horrible. His voiceover is bland. There's no sense of mystery or intrigue that Anderson Cooper brought to the show. At the end, I was hoping Peruvian banditos would arrive, throw him into the back of the van and off the show.

Yeah, he's really forgettable...I couldn't even remember his name. :reject: He just doesn't add much to the show.

It was good, but not great or anything. I missed around the middle 20 minutes of it, which probably didn't help my enjoyment any. I read about what I missed this morning though, and it sounded like a cool challenge. I also read that the host loosens up considerably in the next few episodes, and that he watched the old seasons with Anderson to get a feel for what a successful host should do. AC :love:

It seemed kind of corn-ball to me...the contestants are totally over-acting in their confessionals...but , of course, I am hooked now, trying to figure out who the mole is:wink:

It seemed kind of corn-ball to me...the contestants are totally over-acting in their confessionals...

Yeah, I kind of thought that too, but I wondered if it was just me.

The show was so amazing that the producers didn't have to direct or edit false drama into it, it stood on its own without that fake crap. Unfortunately, that seems to be standard fare for reality tv these days. I hope the producers of The Mole keep that to a minimum.

What if there's a big twist, and there's no mole? Everyone thinks there is, but there really isn't.

Back
Top Bottom